2019 Houston Astros Thread

kskboys

Reaction score
Who wins this game depends on which feeling is more motivating - the Astros' knowing they can close it out and win the Series, or the Nats knowing they lose and its over.

I'm thinking the former, the latter feeling is motivating, but they may very well tend to push too hard, take chances. And from the looks on their faces last night, it may be their psyche is too damaged, and are resigned to their fate. Losing 3 straight at home, after taking the first two on the road, needing only 2 wins in 5 games, is tough.

Only wild card is it's Verlander on the mound, what, 0-6 in World Series games? Either he'll finally break through (my bet) or the misery will continue. He's set the record for consecutive WS losses to start games, pressure is off, all he can do if he fails is extend his own record, 0-7 vs 0-6 isn't much worse...
Astros bats got hot, and the Nats bats are ice cold. I think that'll be the difference.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it's really important that this fell right so that Verlander gets an extra day of rest. I don't care how he feels about staying on schedule, that short start has affected him in a major way. Really stupid move by Hinch. I'm thinking this extra day will be just what he needs.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Before that Soto homerun, in the fifth, I was thinking time to pull Verlander. Too many batters making contact.

jsb357

Reaction score
jvchoke.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I hope you’re right Blue

Wow. I’m shocked.
How is he winless in World Series games?

I honestly don’t get it.

Well... after tonight...

the Astros are going to look like geniuses for getting greinke

Or

He will fold under pressure.

If he wins tonight then he, not verlander and not Cole, saved and won this World Series.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Wow. I’m shocked.
How is he winless in World Series games?

I honestly don’t get it.

Well... after tonight...

the Astros are going to look like geniuses for getting greinke

Or

He will fold under pressure.

If he wins tonight then he, not verlander and not Cole, saved and won this World Series.

Verlander hasn’t been horribly bad. In his defense he hasn’t had much run support. It’s great when your team gets in the playoffs but sure is hard on the fans.

Whoever wins tonight, I hope it’s a clearcut win with no questionable decisions. May the best team win.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Verlander hasn’t been horribly bad. In his defense he hasn’t had much run support. It’s great when your team gets in the playoffs but sure is hard on the fans.

Whoever wins tonight, I hope it’s a clearcut win with no questionable decisions. May the best team win.

It’s weird though... he doing what Paxton had done during the year. That damn first inning bug of 2-3 runs.
Not the norm for them. I don’t believe?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
It’s weird though... he doing what Paxton had done during the year. That damn first inning bug of 2-3 runs.
Not the norm for them. I don’t believe?

The bad starts are definitely not the norm during the season. It may be a combination of a long season, age and pressure.

From a fan’s point of view it looks like choke but one thing for sure, the Stros wouldn’t be in the WS without him. I like the guy and just hope he has a few more chances to break the winless WS streak. ;)