2019 MLB Season Thread

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Alonso has four games left to beat Judges home run record for a rookie. One to tie and two to win it. I think he gets it and passes it. He has been pressing the last week and pitchers are pitching around him. He is going to be getting the Bryce Harper treatment next year.

DeGrom wrapped up the Cy Young award last night. He has not been as dominant this year but he hasnt given up a run in his last three starts.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mets & Phils both eliminated from playoff contention last night.

Not sure which one is more of a disappointment.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:mad:
3bpfpx.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Looks like the Astros will finish with the best record in the MLB. Seems the only way they will lose a series in the playoffs is if they fall asleep on the field.

Kind of funny you said that since the first round matchup might be against the As who seem to have the Astros number the last couple of series meetings. The Astros probably were taking it easy in the last series, but in the series at Oakland, the Astros had a chance to put them away for good and couldn't do it.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Congrats to Pete Alonso. Great season for the rookie. The Mets have a true slugger

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Say it ain't so Joe?! After going with a younger, analytically driven manager in Kapler, Philly is expected to go “old school” with their next hire.

Names such as Maddon, Showalter, Scioscia & Girardi have been floated out there, though it appears Maddon is destined for the Angels.

Should the Phils hire Girardi, who beat them as the Yanks skipper in the '09 WS, it would be a historic hire.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mets fired Calloway. I did not have a problem with Calloway as much as others. I had more problems with Brodie. Calloway had to deal with a reliever that could not handle new York, a has been 2nd baseman with a 20 million dollar contract, a 30 million dollar left fielder that keeps getting hurt, a 2nd basemen playing right field, a 3rd and 1st baseman playing left field, a right fielder playing center field, and giving Familia a monster contract right after he forgot how to pitch. I have no idea how they competed except that maybe Calloway kept them believing. Next year at this time we will probably watch Brodie get fired. The team played so well that management probably believes they are just one middle reliever away from a championship. Come and get us Brodie, you fool.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mets fired Calloway. I did not have a problem with Calloway as much as others. I had more problems with Brodie. Calloway had to deal with a reliever that could not handle new York, a has been 2nd baseman with a 20 million dollar contract, a 30 million dollar left fielder that keeps getting hurt, a 2nd basemen playing right field, a 3rd and 1st baseman playing left field, a right fielder playing center field, and giving Familia a monster contract right after he forgot how to pitch. I have no idea how they competed except that maybe Calloway kept them believing. Next year at this time we will probably watch Brodie get fired. The team played so well that management probably believes they are just one middle reliever away from a championship. Come and get us Brodie, you fool.

You know what might be worse? Carlos Beltran will probably be the next manager :lmao2:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Acuna,Jr. Is a stud but he hotdogged what should have be a triple or double and then was called out on the line drive. Braves youth is exhilarating and frustrating. You gotta leg those out in October.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Astros today 2pm ET and Yankees tonight 7pm ET. Should be a good day for Baseball. You guys making a playoff thread or staying with this one till WS is over?

Let's go Yankees!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So far (top 4th) Astros bats keeping the pressure on. It looks like Tampa will make a vital mistake soon enough and this game will be over. Only way i see Tampa winning this game is if they start scoring before the Astros.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Go Ray's. 63 million dollar payroll. Good for baseball if they win it all.