2019 MLB Season Thread

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yesssss.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I generally don't root against former players, but this guy turned down a 17.9 mil one year offer w/ the explanation of something stupid like "I'm doing this for everyone, not for me." BS doesn't even make sense. He overvalued himself and got less.

Since Keuchel's Cy Young in 2015, he's had an up and down career, getting injured and missing time every year. The Astros offer was beyond fair, and he treated them like dog crapp.

Sour grapes? Absolutely. Hope he's not on the Braves playoff roster!!!!!!!

Everyone wondered why he wasn't being signed..

He's washed up. Glad the Phillies didn't jump. I'd rather have Vargas and Smyly.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Incredible come from behind win for mets. Clutchforto with the game winner.

I hear the monkees singing I'm a believer

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So far in August, Harper has homered four times. This comes after having just three dingers in July. As the Phillies try and make a push for the playoffs, it appears the big free agent signing is heating up at the right time. Shame the bullpen isn't.

Kapler needs to go.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
So far in August, Harper has homered four times. This comes after having just three dingers in July. As the Phillies try and make a push for the playoffs, it appears the big free agent signing is heating up at the right time. Shame the bullpen isn't.

Kapler needs to go.

The bullpen has like 1 person left from the start of the season..can't really blame them much.

kskboys

Reaction score
Everyone wondered why he wasn't being signed..

He's washed up. Glad the Phillies didn't jump. I'd rather have Vargas and Smyly.
He's a guy who doesn't have overpowering stuff, so if he gets injured and loses just a little velocity or break, he's not effective.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
He's a guy who doesn't have overpowering stuff, so if he gets injured and loses just a little velocity or break, he's not effective.

Even when he's not.injured lol

Last season he got hit around like a little league pitcher

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
389jd8.jpg

Jake Arietta is done for the year. tough break for the Phillies
FIFY :D

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
o_O Phillies sweep SOX in Boston for the first time in 20 years. Whose the Big Red now SOX?!

Could Uncle Charlie be the Phil's Skipper yet once again? Gosh I hope so. Such a talented team without a talented coach. :rolleyes:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Show of hands that agree with me(or just like), MLB was better with steroids. :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Welp, it was fun while it lasted but the Braves broke the Mets :thumbdown:

I place the blame squarely on @FloridaRob for getting too excited and jinxing us :lmao: