2019 MLB Season Thread

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Being in first place in your division gets a team to the playoffs. Also HRs don't matter jest as much as runs scored. Fans aren't being shallacked any more than usual at the park either. Just more interest in the team this yesr so.more ticket sales.
There's some good news for us today. Our Phillies will assume the bulk of Bruce's remaining $21.5 million contract. No team was willing to absorb as much money as our Phils during their trade talks involving Bruce.

He'll be starting against the Dodgers today. The acquisition of Bruce is showing the baseball world their going for the jugular. Tough loss last night. Harper's definitely out of his slump with that 8th inning 2 run blast knotting it up. Let's hope they avoid the sweep. Our pitching hurt us against the Dodgers. It was a HR fiasco courtesy of L.A. :mad:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Dodgers are the best team in the league. They remind me of the 86 Mets. They have that swag that no matter what the score is they will beat you and they have that "we are better than you" atttude and like to rub your nose in it. No other team in the National league can stay with them.

meanwhile, that Mets trade for Cano and Diaz appears to be one for the ages. Good Job Brodie.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Phillies pitching did it again. Three relievers allowed 7 runs while the Phil's get swept for the first time this season. Their still holding 1st in division & third best over all in National league. Oh well, the season is still very young. Thought for sure Bruce was going to see some action today.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Phillies pitching did it again. Three relievers allowed 7 runs while the Phil's get swept for the first time this season. Their still holding 1st in division & third best over all in National league. Oh well, the season is still very young. Thought for sure Bruce was going to see some action today.

Bruce is here to be a pinch hitter and a spot starter here and there against righties.

Bullpen sucked tonight. One of the few days you can actually say that accurately this season. They might as well have let up 40 runs tonight though. Can't win when you don't hit.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bruce is here to be a pinch hitter and a spot starter here and there against righties.

Bullpen sucked tonight. One of the few days you can actually say that accurately this season. They might as well have let up 40 runs tonight though. Can't win when you don't hit.

Yep.

Bruce is a JAG at this point.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCutchen out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL...

Huge loss for the Phillies.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

His dad called my daughter when she was working with me a couple of days ago. They live in same town where Andrew grew up and she runs the city league baseball with my son in law. l told her to ask him how andrew was but she did not want to intrude. My grandson umpired his first game in a game Andrew's dad was coaching a couple months ago. We did not tell him who he was until after the game as we did not want him intimidated. Andrew's dad argued balls and strikes. Grandson told him sir, those balls hit me in the feet and shoulder, pretty confident they were balls. Andrew's dad is a huge inspiration to the kids he coaches. Better than so many other daddy ball coaches I see out there.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm just going to predict that the Dodgers won the division so I am not going to watch the remaining of their games. When Colorado win 9 straight games to go to 2nd place but still behind 10.5 games, it is a wrap unless the Dodgers just choke like they did in 1991 where they had a terrible August or the collapse in 96.

I'm still worried about Roberts pulling starting pitchers too early and that was why the Dodgers lost yesterday. Hopefully it is him saving the arms for later on and that trend doesn't carry over in Sept and Oct.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Braves sign Keuchel for the rest of the season.

Not a front of the rotation starter anymore, but a decent #4 or a superior #5.

Between his signing and the McCutchen injury I'd give the Braves the edge.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Loss yes, huge no. Phillies timing getting Bruce was impeccable. Had that not of happened, Huge loss for sure. Herrera's glove is missed as well. Phillies managed to fill those voids very quickly.
That's his modus operandi...
Then he'll go 8 for 50 with zero homeruns and 20K's.
Haha..yeah I agree man. But those 1st two games are crazy.. 3 HRs, 2 doubles 8 RBI and a .545 avg lol
Jay has always been a mediocre hitter with a lot of pop. He’s only hitting .212 this year but he does have 14 home runs which instantly puts him as the new Phillies home run leader.

Seems as though Jay already made some adjustments. Over his last nine games he's been on fire, hitting .333/.400/.700. He’s 10 for 30 with five doubles, two home runs and four walks.

He’s cut his K% down to 17.5%. And I didn't even include tonight's game (which isn't over yet) where Jay popped a dead center 2 run shot giving the Phil's the 3-2 lead. Those 6 RBI's by Jay the other night literally gave the Phillies the win. That was inane.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loss yes, huge no. Phillies timing getting Bruce was impeccable. Had that not of happened, Huge loss for sure. Herrera's glove is missed as well. Phillies managed to fill those voids very quickly.

Jay has always been a mediocre hitter with a lot of pop. He’s only hitting .212 this year but he does have 14 home runs which instantly puts him as the new Phillies home run leader.

Seems as though Jay already made some adjustments. Over his last nine games he's been on fire, hitting .333/.400/.700. He’s 10 for 30 with five doubles, two home runs and four walks.

He’s cut his K% down to 17.5%. And I didn't even include tonight's game (which isn't over yet) where Jay popped a dead center 2 run shot giving the Phil's the 3-2 lead. Those 6 RBI's by Jay the other night literally gave the Phillies the win. That was inane. The man's literally on fire.

Bruce does this... He did it to start the season.

And then he cooled off considerably.

He's getting closer to another cold-snap.

Like I posted before… He'll be 8 for 50 with no homers and 20K's before you know it!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Bruce does this... He did it to start the season.

And then he cooled off considerably.

He's getting closer to another cold-snap.

Like I posted before… He'll be 8 for 50 with no homers and 20K's before you know it!
Still waiting. :muttley:
339foj.jpg

Should he have a "cold-snap", hopefully it won't come till late October. ;)