2019 MLB Season Thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Mets fire their pitching coach today. And another person not responsible for this mess is thrown under the bus. While I blame the Wilpons ultimately for this horrible display of baseball, Brodie should take a lot of heat for this bag of horrible players he has put together. Cano should have never been traded for. Familia should have never been signed. The bullpen is absolutely horrible. Mets managment does not believe fans can withstand a whole team makeover but they are wrong. At least when the team has a sell off there is some hope for the future. Trading the future players to guys 10 years past their prime is just lunacy and leaves fans without any hope. Brodie needs to go.

You will never get rid of that Cano contract....The Mets will have to eat money on that for him to go away. ..a lot of money.:laugh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Aw Man as if it could not get any worse in Mets World today. Apparently Mickey Calloway got into a shouting match with a reporter. Then Vargas apparently got involved with the same reporter where Syndagard had to get between them.. On the way out of the locker room, Mickey Calloway shoved a kid who was there for a Make A Wish foundation and see Syndagarrd. Parameterics were called. I doubt the kid was in teh best shape to begin with. And while I am sure Calloway feels sick as a dog for what he did there will probably be consequences. I dont blame Calloway for this mess but he did mis-manage the game today. The Mets are the Tampa Bucs of the 1990s. Horrible ownership and horrible managment. The team should be taken away from the Wilpons. There is no end in sight for this mess.

I just had to open my big mouth....checked to see who the Mets play this week...My Yanks. Bet the house tonight the Mets get a W. Coming back from a long trip...they got to be tired....the bats couldn't have been hotter...(I expect a down turn tonight)...You get the big Maple tonight...so Cano is sure to be giving everyone a scouting report from their Seattle days.

Been a strange year for Yankee baseball. So many injuries....It's been hard to get a feel for this team....plus I hate Boone's lineups from day to day. He's one of these new analytical guys that has no feel for the game...and I thought Girardi was bad.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I just had to open my big mouth....checked to see who the Mets play this week...My Yanks. Bet the house tonight the Mets get a W. Coming back from a long trip...they got to be tired....the bats couldn't have been hotter...(I expect a down turn tonight)...You get the big Maple tonight...so Cano is sure to be giving everyone a scouting report from their Seattle days.

Been a strange year for Yankee baseball. So many injuries....It's been hard to get a feel for this team....plus I hate Boone's lineups from day to day. He's one of these new analytical guys that has no feel for the game...and I thought Girardi was bad.

:laugh:....4-2 Final.....Mets win. Yanks were out of gas by the 6th inning...running on fumes. Regroup...get ready for tomorrow.:grin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
my Rangers had a 3-1 lead then the wheels fell off...lost 9-4....oh,well...get'm tonite!!!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
34vb5z.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Johnny23

Reaction score
Okay guys who gets Madison Bumgardner at the trade deadline? I would like to see the braves pull the trigger on him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Rangers gonna score so many runs tonight...game's gonna be called by the 6th.
LETS.
GO.
RANGERS.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mets are six games out of last place. As Brodie Van Woe-Be Gone says, "Come Get Us"

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Okay guys who gets Madison Bumgardner at the trade deadline? I would like to see the braves pull the trigger on him.

Yanks have been sniffing around that for months...But the Yanks don't want a rental if they are gonna give up Clint Frazier...

But then again...if your going for a championship...are you going to let Clint Frazier stand in the way of getting a pitcher than can get you over the top? :rolleyes:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yanks have been sniffing around that for months...But the Yanks don't want a rental if they are gonna give up Clint Frazier...

But then again...if your going for a championship...are you going to let Clint Frazier stand in the way of getting a pitcher than can get you over the top? :rolleyes:
I hear you. The Yanks sold the farm before I know Mad Bum would put be a big help. I am really interested in seeing what happens because the playoff races are shaping up to be really exciting.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mets are hanging out the for sale sign. Ramos, Wheeler, Frazier, hell even Sndergard, Matz, and Diaz should be considered. The farm system is poor thanks to Brodie giving away Dunn and Kelenic for ancient Cano and mediocre Diaz who apparently cannot handle New York. Of course he included Jay Bruce in that deal and he proceeded to torture the Mets all weekend. What a dumpster fire this whole team is. I know what the Mets should do but there is no way they will do it. They should build around Alonso, Mcneil and Rosario in the infield but they prefer guys who are way past their prime. I hate this team....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Welp, I was worried that Pete Alonso being in the derby was a mistake. It turns out that my concern was correct. He is 3-30 since then and his swing is all messed up! :thumbdown: