2019 NFL Draft Chatter

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Sugar Bowl now. As far as the Cowboys, I'd be okay with either Longhorn WR in the 2nd round, Collin Johnson (6'6", 220) or Lil'Jordan Humphrey (6'4", 225)
nrw-tx-kstate-14.jpg

920x920.jpg

I also like Patrick Vahe (Guard,6'3", 325), Kris Boyd (Cornerback, 6'0', 195) and PJ Locke (Nickelback/Safety, 5'11", 210) as Day 3/UDFA guys.

COVER1_VAHE_2015-11-06_UTvsKansa_Thalia.Juarez10166.jpg

Rice-Boyd-6.jpg

C9j77fLUAAAWMRu.jpg

Regarding Georgia, the 2 guys I like will either go too high (DeAndre Baker, CB, 5'11", 185) or aren't draft eligible until 2020 (Jake Fromm, QB, 6'2", 225). Although, if Maher remains inconsistent, we may want to look at kicker Rodrigo Blankenship.
5802932da0b81.image.jpg

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fromm did not play like the potential 2020 first overall pick. He has a whole other year to prove himself but tonight he was unspectacular.

bodi

Reaction score
Collin Johnson (6'6", 220) or Lil'Jordan Humphrey (6'4", 225)

I take either one

bodi

Reaction score
Fromm did not play like the potential 2020 first overall pick. He has a whole other year to prove himself but tonight he was unspectacular.

yea had a rough game think he goes back for his senior year

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Collin Johnson is not declaring early. Longhorn fans should be thrilled.

Time to fix my signature.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
yea had a rough game think he goes back for his senior year

Fromm is a true sophomore so he's not eligible. He'll be in many mocks next year which looks to be a strong QB class with Tua, Herbert, Fromm all eligible. Jacob Eason is also a darkhorse if he ends up exploding at Washington.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The entire team was bad in the Texas game. Kirby and his assistants spent december recruiting not preparing for a meaningless Texas game. The NFL is looking at Fromm's body of work, his size, arm strength, accuracy, and leadership intangibles............not the Texas game. He's a true junior next year and should have yet another big year. I have no idea what an NFL scout might think of him. He's not a big guy or fast. I think Tua is a better QB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He quickly deleted that tweet. Probably was told to.

If you can't see it, it was Haskins tweeting a pic of himself in a Giants uniform with the message "Don't let me go back to the crib."

I believe he's talking to us.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I really am not sure he was even the best QB prospect on his own team this year, let alone a future 1st overall.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sometimes you hear names getting called late on draft day and they seem familiar especially if you follow the 5 star recruits when they first start out of high school. Invariably the "can't miss" guys either disappear or just dissolve into mediocrity.

Here some 2015 studs that are in this draft. And most are not at the top of their position groups:

DE Byron Cowert, Maryland; ex-Auburn
OT Martez Ivey, Florida
DT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M
QB Keller Chryst, Tennessee; ex-Stanford

Mr_437

Reaction score

He quickly deleted that tweet. Probably was told to.

If you can't see it, it was Haskins tweeting a pic of himself in a Giants uniform with the message "Don't let me go back to the crib."

I believe he's talking to us.

Guess he already knows where he's going...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McSHAY SCOUTS EVERY QUARTERBACK
Expectations are different for every quarterback who accepts an invite to Mobile. Here's what ESPN NFL draft expert Todd McShay is hoping to see out of every signal-caller this week, along with their quarterback ranking from Scouts Inc.:

Drew Lock, Missouri
Team: North | Uniform number: 3 | QB ranking: 3

Big (6-3, 228), athletic and equipped with a strong arm, Lock is a poor man's Patrick Mahomes. It was his first year in a pro-style offense, as well as his first season making pre-snap checks and kills, setting protections and making full-field progression reads, and it took him some time to catch up mentally. Lock still needs to be more consistent with his decision-making under pressure and his accuracy, which stems from inconsistent footwork. But there's no denying his talent. He is the most naturally gifted of the Senior Bowl quarterbacks, and I think he has the most to gain during the week.

Will Grier, West Virginia
Team: South | Uniform number: 7 | QB ranking: 4

Grier is the biggest name in arguably the best top-to-bottom class of pass-throwers that I've scouted at the Senior Bowl. He has just average size (6-foot-2, 221 pounds), but he's a good athlete and can extend a lot of plays with his feet. He has a gunslinger arm and good accuracy on all three levels. However, Grier likes to see his wide receiver open before throwing, so I'll be looking for him to throw with more anticipation this week. He was the first quarterback to sit out his bowl game and will surely be answering questions about that all week long.

Ryan Finley, NC State
Team: North | Uniform number: 15 | QB ranking: 5

Finley has a tall but somewhat linear frame at 6-foot-3 and 208 pounds, and his velocity is average on zip throws. But I think he has adequate-to-good delivery quickness with an over-the-top stroke, and he shows very good touch and anticipatory accuracy. Finley is particularly adept at leading receivers, and he gets the ball out on time, going through his progressions quickly. He is coming off one of his worst career performances in the Gator Bowl, but he ought to really impress coaches in QB meetings and have a steady week to help his stock in Mobile.

Daniel Jones, Duke

Team: North | Uniform number: 17 | QB ranking: 6

Jones is one of the best-coached QBs in the class with three seasons under David Cutcliffe and having spent time with the Manning family. He has adequate-to-good arm strength, but he has a longer, slower delivery. He really needs to speed it up without messing with his natural mechanics too much. I saw a lot of shorter throws to wide-open windows from him at Duke, so I'm looking forward to seeing him make more intermediate and downfield throws this week. I wouldn't call him a twitchy athlete, but he has adequate pocket mobility to extend some plays and rare top-end speed for a 6-foot-5, 220-pound QB -- a real pursuit-angle killer in the open field.

Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
Team: South | Uniform number: 8 | QB ranking: 7

A 6-foot-3, 215-pound pure passer with impressive natural arm talent, Stidham was an up-and-down performer as a two-year starter at Auburn. But the system didn't feature many intermediate anticipation throws, which makes it hard to evaluate that aspect of his game -- a very important aspect for the NFL. So the biggest thing this week is seeing him make those throws as he works with Kyle Shanahan's San Francisco 49ers coaching staff in Mobile.

Gardner Minshew, Washington State
Team: South | Uniform number: 16 | QB ranking: 8

Minshew put up huge numbers in a passer-friendly system, completing 71 percent and throwing 38 touchdowns to nine interceptions this season. The Baker Mayfield-esque energy and confidence stand out. Minshew can make full-field reads, and he displays adequate arm strength and above-average accuracy on tape. But he needs to show he can hit the strike zone when working with smaller windows. Scouts will want to see how the 6-foot-2, 220-pounder does under center with the timing of his drops and anticipating throws this week. Right now, he is a Day 3 prospect.

Trace McSorley, Penn State
Team: North | Uniform number: 9 | QB ranking: 10

Yes, he's undersized (6-foot, 198 pounds), but he can hold up physically -- I love his toughness -- and he's an elite competitor. McSorley completed a high percentage of throws but had a lot of short passes and 50-50 balls. I really want to see him fit the ball into tight windows down the field this week. McSorley is a Day 3 prospect who could wind up sticking around as a backup in a West Coast system -- which we will get a peek at this week with Jon Gruden's Oakland Raiders coaching staff leading the North team.

Tyree Jackson, Buffalo

Team: South | Uniform number: 3 | QB ranking: 16

Jackson is massive (6-foot-7, 245 pounds) with a huge arm and good mobility, but he's inconsistent with his lower-body mechanics and ball placement. He lacks touch on some short throws and needs to keep his eyes up while moving in the pocket. The biggest thing he needs to show in Mobile is the ability to process quicker. He gets stuck on his primary target too long. Even so, Jackson has a lot of developmental upside as a Day 3 project pick.

Note: Wondering about Clayton Thorson? The Northwestern quarterback pulled out of the Senior Bowl.