2019 season Needs

cristglo

Reaction score
The first thing they need to do Is fire Linehan. Bring IN a Real QB Coach. This will change our Offense to the better, Having Colombo as OL coach and an Off season conditioning program Conner Williams Will Be OK. Mark My Words Fredrick will be ready for the 2019 Season and he will be healthy.
We need a true DT and a Safety to fix this defense. can get an upgrade with our 2nd rd pick at DL I would go after Landon Collins at safety.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1. OC
Gary Kubiak
This guy should be brought to Dallas by morning and just give him a blank check.

2. LG
Ronald Leary
Word is he's getting released from the Broncos.

3. S
Earl Thomas or Landon Collins
Give me either of these guys to bring that playmaker to the secondary.

4, Slot WR
David Sills
Draft this kid the best redzone Wr in college for the past 2 yrs.

5. TE
Jesse James
I like Barwin and Schultz but neither is a starter.

Strong possibility IMO......he's from Texas and looking for a job. Boatload of experience......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure ONE game changes much.....overall we had a damn good season. Not sure personnel had that much to do with losing this game. McVay simply caught players and coaches off guard IMO.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
What do you think they are?

I’ll go
Edge Rusher-besides Lawrence not a lot of consistency
DT- Woods is a solid backup but he got mauled today. Need a Monster DT.
Safety- heath cannot be the starter again. He’s a decent backup he just doesn’t make enough plays.
WR- we need a better slot WR. I love Beasley but I want a guy who’s a consistent Red zone threat in the slot.
RB- Zeke needs a better backup. Someone who can actually make some plays for us.
How about a QB who can hit an open receiver in stride? That would be good.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
ok name one... who isnt already taken and/or making gobs of money

I'm sure there's a kid coming out in the draft who is capable. Let's be honest, #4 missed several opportunities last night. As he has for his entire career not only at Dallas but in college. Yes, he's got talent, but (consistent) pass accuracy isn't one of them.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Not sure ONE game changes much.....overall we had a damn good season. Not sure personnel had that much to do with losing this game. McVay simply caught players and coaches off guard IMO.

Agreed, 100%. It came at a bad time, but it's a 1 in 20 chance our defense allows 273 yards rushing. I doubt it'll happen again in the next 20 games.

This game confirms a few things... #1 is that we're just bad on the road. #2 is that our offensive and defensive lines are for the most part solid, but there are better in this league and it showed tonight. Needs an upgrade on both fronts, and I think that's the most important thing this offseason. #3 is that our defense is far from elite like some people claim. Blame it on the offense tonight for their 3 inept drives to end the first half that didn't yield any possession time. And I'm not saying they're not to blame entirely, but on nights when you don't win time of possession (and that happens), your defense is still not supposed to give up 273 yards of rushing.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

I’ll go
Safety- heath cannot be the starter again. He’s a decent backup he just doesn’t make enough plays.
WR- we need a better slot WR. I love Beasley but I want a guy who’s a consistent Red zone threat in the slot.
RB- Zeke needs a better backup. Someone who can actually make some plays for us.

Yes a better back up for Zeke.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
#1) New offensive coordinator
#2) A defensive tackle who demands double-teams on each and every play
#3) A safety with ball-hawking ability and field awareness...........

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
This is a seriously deep DT class. Too bad we don't have a 1 but there should be value in the 2nd and love the Amari trade. Amari gives us 2 elite playmakers on offense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’ll go

QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB......................

visionary

Reaction score

I’ll go

LOL, NO

1. Real HC
2. Real OC
3. Real QB coach who will teach Dak the basics of playing NFL level QB
4. DONT sign Dak to a 25 mill/yr contract. Let him play out next year and see what he does
5. DONT pay D Law 20+mill/year to disappear in Nov/Dec/Jan. Not sure if we can transition tag him but if possible that's what I would do. That way we get a rd 1 pick back if we don't sign him
6. Starting difference maker at 1T DT ( don't need a back up, we need a starter better than Woods)
7. Starting NFL FS. Heath and Woods are hot garbage
8. Starting TE
9. Real special teams coach

And these are just for starters

Hadenough

Reaction score

I’ll go

The Cowboys need an upgrade at DT, S in the draft and would like to see them replace T Williams, T Austin , Hurns.
This team needs a complete offensive overhaul with the style of football they run. You cant play so many close games with the talent this team has. Dallas must change its offensive philosophy and be able to make big plays down the field more. The Rams game was lost early in the season because Garrett and LInehan play this smash mouth running game with dink and dunk football. It takes way too many plays to score and has no explosiveness to it. It wears down your star RB and everyone else on the team mentally and physically. Even bad teams will always be close games against the Cowboys. They looked completely worn out against the Rams and the warning game was the Colts game. You watch the real playoff teams in the league and during the season they jump on top of weak opponents and rotate plenty of back up players in and enjoy the game. There is no reason in the world the Zeke should be getting 35 touches against the Tampa Bay Bucs. This type of football just wears down your best players and eventually they hit a wall.

Hadenough

Reaction score
QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB......................
Unfortunately I knew Dak would play just good enough to prevent Dallas from continuing its search for a true franchise QB. Jerry needs to throw out the tape of Dak in the second half and just watch the first half.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need playmakers. Start with Earl Thomas. He wants to be here. Be bold franchise tag Lawrence and trade him for a first round pick. The offensive line is fine. Health was the issue this year. We lost are starting center for the whole year plus all our backups. I am leery of Tyron but he looked healthy in the two playoff games. This draft is deep on the defensive line. That should be our first two picks.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately I knew Dak would play just good enough to prevent Dallas from continuing its search for a true franchise QB. Jerry needs to throw out the tape of Dak in the second half and just watch the first half.

It's always the 2nd half as usually the Defense is laying back as there up in the score and giving Dak the dinks and dunks add to that that Zeke has tired them out giving Dak the massive amount of time he requires to finally see a WR downfield!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need playmakers. Start with Earl Thomas. He wants to be here. Be bold franchise tag Lawrence and trade him for a first round pick. The offensive line is fine. Health was the issue this year. We lost are starting center for the whole year plus all our backups. I am leery of Tyron but he looked healthy in the two playoff games. This draft is deep on the defensive line. That should be our first two picks.
We are not far away from being 13-3 again.