2020 Cowboys Vs Hawks on FoxNFL

blueblood70

Reaction score
crazy how many PIs and holding calls on our defense in the first half alone. ughh missed XP etc etc reminders of how mistakes killed us last year in those first 4 games dak played..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
crazy how many PIs and holding calls on our defense in the first half alone. ughh missed XP etc etc reminders of how mistakes killed us last year in those first 4 games dak played..
Despite some big stats...we sure did have a ton of mistakes. I am surprised we did as well as we did the rest of the way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
wait dak threw an INT led to 7 right before halftime and then first drive fumbles at the FIVE..huh so 14 of those points from that games that is out on the defense were actually on dak..

od dhow fans memorys forget these things and blame that 30+ all on defense.. i mean what i guess given the defense two very short fields they are expected to shut down RW and hawks potent offense??

160mil Brilliant :)) jk

blueblood70

Reaction score
You thought he didn’t do what?
make mistakes that led to losses ie blame zeke for his fumbles but daks off the hook around here..yet this game and others his TOS and mistakes lead to looses but his yardage playing catchup from them well that was big deal..:muttley:

we were leading or tops in the league in TOS all year including he ones dak started and his TOS were every bit as bad as Zekes..and yes it piled on an already bad defense but hey blame zeke and the defense..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure...the defense was fine last year lol:
That isn't what he said.

So what DID he say, you ask? Confused again?

The offense was often contributing to miscues and falling behind. Especially in those first few games when people said Dak was so on fire. Maybe he was...but he had two miscues leading to hawks 14 points.

And before you start...no...I did NOT say "it was all Dak's fault". So don't even try that bs with me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That isn't what he said.

The offense was often contributing to miscues and falling behind. Especially in those first few games when people said Dak was so on fire. Maybe he was...but he had two miscues leading to hawks 14 points.

And before you start...no...I did NOT say "it was all Dak's fault". So don't even try that bs with me.
yup 2 straight TOS leading to 14 points and a punt in the thirds possession..i mean what a juggernaut ..

short memorys here, all they remember is the NEAR comebacks..still losses in which the offense made mistakes all year..Thats why i said from the final game on last year that 6-10 record should be worn by the entire team and coaching staff etc..

just a bad forgettable year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That isn't what he said.

That post was directed towards the poster I was replying to. Thanks for your input though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
make mistakes that led to losses ie blame zeke for his fumbles but daks off the hook around here..yet this game and others his TOS and mistakes lead to looses but his yardage playing catchup from them well that was big deal..:muttley:

we were leading or tops in the league in TOS all year including he ones dak started and his TOS were every bit as bad as Zekes..and yes it piled on an already bad defense but hey blame zeke and the defense..
Oh of course Dak makes mistakes lol. If he thought Dak didn’t then he’s out of touch. Mahomes even makes mistakes as does Aaron Rodgers. Their special teams and defenses seem to bail them out when they make mistakes though.

12+88=7

Reaction score
As bad as the defense was last year the offense only added to the problem by turning the ball over.

Protecting the ball should be #1 priority for the offense this year.

The defense was 7th in takeaways with 23, but the offense 28th in giving it away with 26. Fix this and a lot of ills will be cured.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As bad as the defense was last year the offense only added to the problem by turning the ball over.

Protecting the ball should be #1 priority for the offense this year.

The defense was 7th in takeaways with 23, but the offense 28th in giving it away with 26. Fix this and a lot of ills will be cured.

That doesn't tel the whole story though. The defense started off as one of the worst teams in turnovers. Around mid season is when the defense just started generating turnovers somehow.

12+88=7

Reaction score
That doesn't tel the whole story though. The defense started off as one of the worst teams in turnovers. Around mid season is when the defense just started generating turnovers somehow.

The defense didn't get many turnovers early, but the offense was 2nd in the league(to Philadelphia)in turnovers during that time. The perfect recipe for a bad team.