2020 NCAA Football Thread

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dude, I grew up an OhioState fan and our family had season tickets until we moved to NC when I was in high school.
My dad coached high school in the WOL and camps with WoodyHayes,
Many of my cousins still have season tickets and are OSU grads.

Who cares? You're someone on the internet.

I've spent months here watching clowns slobbering over Clemson Barbie, then his coach ranks Coastal Carolina over Ohio State.

As an Ohio State alum, you can bet everything you own that I am going to enjoy the ever-loving-you-know-what out of this beatdown.

Ohio State 49
Clemson/Dabo/Barbie 28

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
The Barbie Lawrence lovers are learning a powerful lesson tonight.

"Generational QB", some of you really have no clue. :muttley:
Justin Fields > Trevor Lawrence, as I have said all along. Get over your Barbie fetish. :rolleyes:
Barbie getting his butt handed to to him...priceless.

"OMG, tank for Trevor!"

We have some really stupid fans. :muttley:

Weird, we must have watched a different game, Lawrence wasn't the issue for Clemson.

Unless he was playing both safety positions, CB and the offensive line.

Clemson got smoked and Fields had a great game, but to trash Lawrence for a loss that wasn't on him..it seems like you just have it out for him, or some posters here on CZ.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I'll guess we'll see, but I know for a fact the ACC isn't adding anything.

Barbie will be getting another manicure while Ohio State plays Alabama.
Still don’t see them beating Bama. I will give them props if they do though.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I said what I meant and I meant what I said: Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you prove you have a very weak point. And that’s what you did when you conjured up an imaginary loss for ND.
Did I imagine the arse whipping ND got yesterday too?
Or the one they took versus Clemson 4 days before the CFP selections?
You thought you had a cute point but you didn't.
You could have just kinda let is go when you were behind.

Now you gotta get dragged as bad as ND did their last two games for no reason.
Raised you hand and begged for the dunce cap.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The last 10 National Titles by Conferecne

SEC--6
ACC--3
Big 10--1

One of those 3 leagues will add another this year

Zero for the rest...
Big 12--0
Pac 12--0
CUSA--0
American--0
MWC--0
MAC--0
Sun Belt--0
Indys--0
That list is perfectly inverse to the built-in jethro bias that exists.
Until they create an actual playoff that includes the top Gof5 and every conf's champ it is pointless to crow over titles won basically via election.

A 3rd of the country thought OSU didn't even belong in the CFP and they handled everyone's 2 seed very easily.
We need a real playoff.
Ranking teams on how they perform versus their own conference is just guessing as to the conferences strength.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Herman fired.

I know we have a lot of Longhorn fans here.
I am a non UT fan but it is really interesting to see this.

I think I would have went with Herman 1 more year and a new QB. Sam carried them through some dark times but his body bot beat up and I don't think he was even the 3rd best passer on the UT roster by mid-season.
It will be interesting to see what all Sarkisian brings with him to UT and how many kids he can get to transfer from Bama.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Steve Sarkisian, Southern California guy, BYU QB and a used car salesman type HC. I do not like this guy, never have. I have actually meet this guy and nothing about him do I like. I hope it's true that he turned down the job because he, IMO, is not the right guy for Texas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Steve Sarkisian, Southern California guy, BYU QB and a used car salesman type HC. I do not like this guy, never have. I have actually meet this guy and nothing about him do I like. I hope it's true that he turned down the job because he, IMO, is not the right guy for Texas.
I'm not sure his resume as a head coach is all that impressive.
Maybe he added to his overall head coaching skills thru osmosis at Bama,
:muttley:

Hey ABQ....as a Horns football and Heels hoops fan, can I assume you want UNC to upset TAMU tonight?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not sure his resume as a head coach is all that impressive.
Maybe he added to his overall head coaching skills thru osmosis at Bama,
:muttley:

Hey ABQ....as a Horns football and Heels hoops fan, can I assume you want UNC to upset TAMU tonight?

I'm a MB fan so yeah, I'm definitely pulling for UNC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hope he does better in the NFL than recent OSU QBs.

Interestingly enough, the kid OU just got is a Pro QB Prospect. He's not like the QBs Ohio State has recruited these past few years. Ewers is the real deal. If OU can't develop that kid, then that's probably a really bad statement for the program, in terms of developing QB talent. No more excuses for Ohio State now IMO.