2020 NCAA Football Thread

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Notre Dame is going to get slaughtered by Bama.

I will watch, but I’m not expecting a pretty sight.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Fans and teams will always complain about someone getting left out. ND, A&M, and Cincy all have flaws and none of them beats Bama. Since Bama already beat A&M by 4 TD’s I think they went with ND who will likely get beat by double digits.

This system is still better than the BCS by far. In that scenario people would be debating whether OSU or Clemson gets to play Bama. Clemson to me is clearly better than OSU.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I would have put the Ags in 3rd.
ND looked shaky much of the year and lost by basically 30 in the day before bids went out.

TAMU is one a 7 a game win streak with the sole loss coming to #1 overall Bama.

ND obviously loses twice to Clemson if Lawrence doesn't get COVID and needed 2 OT to win without him.
Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you prove you have a very weak point.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know ND has one of the tougher schedules and they have had a heck of a year. So I understand them getting in.

However it just kind of looks bad when they just played Saturday and got whooped 34-10 and 7 of those ten points were in garbage time.

Always thought that the time to have a bad loss is at the start of the season instead of at the end of it.

Also...Hate the Idea of Ohio State getting in with playing half a seasons worth of games.
Sure, they are a good team and can get a legit effort against any other teams but just kind of stinks when they have played half a season of football games.

Sadly I don't Oklahoma or ATM should be in it either

The only team I think is getting the shaft is Cincy.
Sure they are not in the power 5 but they are undefeated, beat ranked teams and they deserve a chance IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well you know how Dabo Swinney feels about Ohio State. He ranked them number 11 on latest Coach's Poll. :)
I think he feels they are really good but should not be higher than good teams who played/endured far more games.
The ranking is based on that

Either way, OSU will use that

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he feels they are really good but should not be higher than good teams who played/endured far more games.
The ranking is based on that

Either way, OSU will use that
Yeah, he has stated pretty much the same thing. He didn't think it was fair Ohio State played less games than some of the other teams. I guess he isn't worried about bulletin board material.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah, he has stated pretty much the same thing. He didn't think it was fair Ohio State played less games than some of the other teams. I guess he isn't worried about bulletin board material.
Yeah, they played a LOT less games than the others.
Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame each played 11 games.
TAMU and every other top 10 team played at least 9 games.

Ohio State played only 6 games!

Some of those teams have losses because they played games anyway without key players due to Covid precautions.
I'm not saying Ohio State isn't good---in fact, I think they're much better than some in this thread. If they catch Clemson not on all cylinders (it happens) they may even beat them.
But it is sure is easier to run the table with 6 games vs 11.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Other than playoff games, bowl games can be really bizarre.
Every year you get games where one team comes ready to play and the other—usually one that blew playoff chance late in year (like Florida) or feels they failed and are playing a team beneath them (arrogant P5 teams playing non P5s) that get smoked.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I really feel NCAA players who opt out of a bowl game for NFL Draft prep should be required to pay for their tuition upon leaving the school.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeah, they played a LOT less games than the others.
Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame each played 11 games.
TAMU and every other top 10 team played at least 9 games.

Ohio State played only 6 games!

Some of those teams have losses because they played games anyway without key players due to Covid precautions.
I'm not saying Ohio State isn't good---in fact, I think they're much better than some in this thread. If they catch Clemson not on all cylinders (it happens) they may even beat them.
But it is sure is easier to run the table with 6 games vs 11.
Swinney was quoted saying games didn't matter earlier in year because of COVID.
Of course he changes tune when his team has played the games.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Other than playoff games, bowl games can be really bizarre.
Every year you get games where one team comes ready to play and the other—usually one that blew playoff chance late in year (like Florida) or feels they failed and are playing a team beneath them (arrogant P5 teams playing non P5s) that get smoked.
Florida's defense was weak all year and they lost 3 regular season games.
They had no business being 7th and got driven off the field.

OU hadn't lost in 2 months and has a 5 star freshman QB who will be great and far better than Trask.
Trask was a back up in Texas HS football.

Had FLA's receiving options not all opted out that would have been a high scoring game that probably goes to OU by 2 TDs.
As it was OU had to empty the bench to keep the margin below 40.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you prove you have a very weak point.
Nothing make believe about Notre Dame losing by 30 a week before the CFP selections.
ND is a veteran laden team but doesn't have the high end talent of the schools they are competing against and the 20 point spread is very telling.

Beating a team with it's back up QB in double OT is also very REAL and easy to factor into your evaluation.

The entire point of the committee is to make those judgments and try to put the teams playing at the highest level in the playoffs.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Nothing make believe about Notre Dame losing by 30 a week before the CFP selections.
You said “ND loses twice if...”

That’s playing make believe. Whether you’re right or wrong doesn’t matter because it didn’t happen.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You said “ND loses twice if...”

That’s playing make believe. Whether you’re right or wrong doesn’t matter because it didn’t happen.
YAWN, you ignored all the rest because you are intellectually dishonest.

Taking one point from a post to run it up a flagpole is for goofballs.

Ghost12

Reaction score
YAWN, you ignored all the rest because you are intellectually dishonest.

Taking one point from a post to run it up a flagpole is for goofballs.
I said what I meant and I meant what I said: Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you prove you have a very weak point. And that’s what you did when you conjured up an imaginary loss for ND.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Clemson and Ohio State could be a barn-burner

Maybe 34-31 Clemson?

But I suspect Bama smokes Notre Dame
Maybe 41-20?

Meanwhile
Cincy continues to control Georgia 21-10 entering the 4th.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I think Clemson and Ohio State could be a barn-burner

Maybe 34-31 Clemson?

But I suspect Bama smokes Notre Dame
Maybe 41-20?

Meanwhile
Cincy continues to control Georgia 21-10 entering the 4th.
Yeah, the SEC has not had a great showing this Bowl Season.

I want the OSU/Clemson game to be great, I really do, but something tells me it's going to be Clemson by 14+.

I would be very, very surprised if Notre Dame even scores a TD against Bama. Then again, the Tide looked mortal against a Florida team that got smoked by OU.