2020 NCAA Football Thread

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Dang Penn St got hosed IMO!

I'll take it though I'm pissed off at myself. I was listening to the game and when my Hoosiers turned the ball over on downs with under 2 to play and one time out I figured the game was over. Even the IU radio guys thought it was over. If I new Penn State would pull an Atlanta I would have kept listening.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll take it though I'm pissed off at myself. I was listening to the game and when my Hoosiers turned the ball over on downs with under 2 to play and one time out I figured the game was over. Even the IU radio guys thought it was over. If I new Penn State would pull an Atlanta I would have kept listening.
Here's some Hoosiers trivia for you.
I was sitting behind the basket in the Superdome when Keith Smart hit the game-winner for the IU's basketball title over Syracuse in '87.
I was a disappointed Tarheels fan (Cuse upset the heels in the Regional Final to get there) but that was great entertainment.

Same corner, same venue, that Michael Jordan hit the game-winner vs Georgetown in 82.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Here's some Hoosiers trivia for you.
I was sitting behind the basket in the Superdome when Keith Smart hit the game-winner for the IU's basketball title over Syracuse in '87.
I was a disappointed Tarheels fan (Cuse upset the heels in the Regional Final to get there) but that was great entertainment.

Same corner, same venue, that Michael Jordan hit the game-winner vs Georgetown in 82.

Awesome! I remember watching on tv. Local newspaper printed metal sheets of a copy from the the paper with that pic and story. Had that thing hanging in my room for years. No clue what happened to it.

JayFord

Reaction score
This has to go down as the worst weekend of College football ive ever seen

just about every televised game was a blowout......i Even had split screen going with Michigan/Minn and Lsu/SC and both werent even close

So I check in on my Maryland Terps and my goodness, is Ralph Friedgen available somewhere?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This has to go down as the worst weekend of College football ive ever seen

just about every televised game was a blowout......i Even had split screen going with Michigan/Minn and Lsu/SC and both werent even close

So I check in on my Maryland Terps and my goodness, is Ralph Friedgen available somewhere?
It felt a lot like a normal Week 2-3 to me. Big 10 was back so larger schedule and basically good teams rolled bad or average ones with few surprises.
COVID has made a def impact on the prep of some teams so surprises were fairly common early on but most teams have faced spikes now and things are basically normal day to day.
Feels like we'll see the common Bama/Clemson/OSU 3-some in the playoffs with a wheel of fortune turn at 4th slot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Covid has affected defenses in the NFL as well.

Its mostly bad all around.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Rice fails to win in the 1st OT due to the rarely seen quadruple doink...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Michigan fan here. Michigan looked good. Better than I've seen them in years. To me, they might have a real good QB...Joe Milton, he's 6'3" 243 if I read his bio correctly and mobile...I am interested in seeing his progression. He seems to have all the NFL traits...and Michigan has turned out a few QBs in the NFL...there is one particular QB ... the name I can not remember has had a good career, some say he is a hall of famer...who is he?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Michigan fan here. Michigan looked good. Better than I've seen them in years. To me, they might have a real good QB...Joe Milton, he's 6'3" 243 if I read his bio correctly and mobile...I am interested in seeing his progression. He seems to have all the NFL traits...and Michigan has turned out a few QBs in the NFL...there is one particular QB ... the name I can not remember has had a good career, some say he is a hall of famer...who is he?
some long-time UM back up. name eludes me.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Lawrence got the Covid. This could mess up Clemson’s run if the backup doesn’t play well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Barbie's manicure went awry and she broke a nail. The Covid thing is just a cover.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lawrence got the Covid. This could mess up Clemson’s run if the backup doesn’t play well.
DJ is pretty amazing in his own right, and the top QB in the 2020 freshman class by many opinions....
But he’s still a true freshman

not getting many practice days before his 1st start....maybe 1.
At least it's at home

As long as Lawrence is back by Notre Dame

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DJ is pretty amazing in his own right, and the top QB in the 2020 freshman class by many opinions....

At least it's at home

My guess is the kid plays fine and it just shows the overall insane level of talent Clemson has.
If anything it might make scouts question just how much of Clemson's offense is purely Lawrence.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My guess is the kid plays fine and it just shows the overall insane level of talent Clemson has.
If anything it might make scouts question just how much of Clemson's offense is purely Lawrence.
Yeah, Clemson is loaded and has a great run game. Their backup QB transferred to Duke but that true freshman and Uiagalelei is a real talent in his own right. Just young.

BC can be a pretty decent team, but they're nothing special.
No excuse for Clemson not winning at home by 2 TDs

HUGE advantage for #4 Notre Dame, coming up next week though. Lawrence cannot practice all week and could even miss that game.
They get Clemson in South Bend. The Covid combined with the travel day will be an issue

However, scouts questioning Lawrence may wish to find a new career.

uvaballa

Reaction score

At least it's at home

As we saw with Dak, Lawrence is the leader of the team. Many players need that leadership to keep their edge and/or intensity.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Clemson struggling without Trevor
The freshman QB is playing just fine.

It's the defense and special team (1 punt returned for TD) that are shockingly bad today.
They've already given up 28 points and its still in the 3rd

The Clemson QB has thrown for 300 yards already and has 3 total TDs and 0 ints.

uvaballa

Reaction score
The freshman QB is playing just fine.

It's the defense and special team (1 punt returned for TD) that are shockingly bad today.
They've already given up 28 points and its still in the 3rd

The Clemson QB has thrown for 300 yards already and has 3 total TDs and 0 ints.
Yeah but they came out flat without Lawrence. DJ looks pretty good but he missed a lot of throws to his left that could have kept drives going. Etienne stepped up big time. I wish Zeke did the same.