2020 Rookies Around the League Progress Report

Swagger

Reaction score
I liked McKinney before the draft too, more than Delpit who was taken after McKinney. My only point was that a lot of gurus had mocked him as a second round pick, many had him going after Delpit. I think McKinney is going to be a good NFL safety. But a lot of teams don't look for safeties in the first round apparently.
McKinney could be done for the season.

Brutal!

VACowboy

Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah: Eagles have been ‘blown away’ by Jalen Hurts - NFL.com
“I’m excited to see what they do with Jalen Hurts. And all reports I’ve got out of Eagles camp are that they have been blown away with — not only, everybody knows how athletic he is — but just how smart he is and how much of a professional he is. He just carries himself like a veteran. Everybody on the team has really fallen in love with him.
Sounds like telling the guy you're setting your sister up with that she has a great personality.

Sydla

Reaction score
What's not to understand. We have a compartmentalized organization here. We talk about everything Cowboys in the "Fan Zone" and the rest of the league is discussed in the "NFL Zone", that's why it's there. Sounds rudimentarily understandable to me, so what does that say about you when you say you don't understand, correction, you'll never understand. Sounds like willful ignorance to me. A rebellion against the know order of things. That's your problem not everyone else's. lol

It’s one thread. You have the choice to ignore it and read one of the 25 or so other threads on the first page here.

Instead, you chose to pop into it, complain and look like a baby.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s one thread. You have the choice to ignore it and read one of the 25 or so other threads on the first page here.

Instead, you chose to pop into it, complain and look like a baby.
No, we should post in the proper zone. And when that doesn't happen, we can point it out to the mods. Everything in its proper place. You have the choice to ignore my post and move on to read the others. Instead, you choose to be a hypocrite by doing what you accuse me of doing.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No, we should post in the proper zone. And when that doesn't happen, we can point it out to the mods. Everything in its proper place. You have the choice to ignore my post and move on to read the others. Instead, you choose to be a hypocrite by doing what you accuse me of doing.
Most of the rookie reports I posted, have some kind of relevance or connection to the Cowboys. I posted on some of the rookies within our division, some rookies that were possible targets before the draft and some at the same or similar positions to compare and contrast their progress to our draft picks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Certainly couldn't hurt
Of course, that could be said for Hurts too to some degree.
Hurts didn't utilize Bama's receivers like Tua did.
Bama's passing game improved IMMENSELY when Tua started playing.
In fact, it could be said that Tua unveiled the talent of Bama's receivers when he became the starter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Most of the rookie reports I posted, have some kind of relevance or connection to the Cowboys. I posted on some of the rookies within our division, some rookies that were possible targets before the draft and some at the same or similar positions to compare and contrast their progress to our draft picks.
I'm sorry if you thought I was talking about your obvious relevant posts? I'm mostly addressing @DFWJC who posts anything remotely related to the NFL here rather than in the NFL Zone where it belongs. :facepalm:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Hurts lost the starter's job to Tua during Bama's NCAA championship game against Georgia in 2108 ; if Tagovailoa is struggling in Dolphins camp , what makes anyone believe Jalen is going to start over Wentz ?

Sydla

Reaction score
Chase Claypool is apparently a big hit in Steelers camp as a WR.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hurts lost the starter's job to Tua during Bama's NCAA championship game against Georgia in 2108 ; if Tagovailoa is struggling in Dolphins camp , what makes anyone believe Jalen is going to start over Wentz ?

There is zero chance Hurts is going to start over Wentz at this point.

Where things get interesting though is if Wentz gets hurt again or maybe struggles a bit this season. There is a faction of anti-Wentz fans in Philly who wanted them to keep Foles.................

Further, with the cap issues facing the Eagles the next couple of years, if Wentz is just kind of plugging along and Hurts looks good, would the Eagles look to parachute out of the Wentz deal in say 2021 or 2022?

cowboygo

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. The fact that the backup Alabama QB stepped in and did not miss a beat after Tua got hurt is a huge red flag to me. Had Tua returned to Alabama this year, I think he would have lost the starting job.

Joe Burrow also played on a stacked team. His first or second read was open usually. He had a RB who was an reliable checkdown when the first read was covered. Any of the top 15 QBs in college last year could have led LSU to a championship last year. Don't get me wrong, Burrow played well. But, now we will find out how much was Burrow and how much were the other players around him.
Oh man, I'm gonna heavily disagree on your Joe Burrow take, even with your "Don't get me wrong". He had the greatest season played by a QB in college football history. All seven of the top-10 teams LSU beat finished the season ranked in the top-25 of the final AP Poll too, including five of the top-eight. I'll agree that other top 15 QBs could have led them to a championship. I just don't know about putting up the kind of numbers he did.