2020 Rookies Around the League Progress Report

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've always thought that one of the more bizarre things that go on in this forum is when people
  1. make the effort to open a thread
  2. then actually post in that very thread.........

only to then say that they have no interest in the topic of that very thread they just opened and posted in.

:huh:

I mean, common sense 101.
If you don't like something and you aren't forced to do it, then don't do it!
:laugh:

conner01

Reaction score
Lots of teams have guys having good camps
Every year we hear about camp wonders here and on other teams
Many never translate to being good players and none have played even a pre season game
The high picks will get legitimate shots because they are high picks. Some of the lower round picks will get a shot. But as usually many of these camp wonders will go the way of many former cowboy camp wonders

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Hearing a lot of good reports on AJ Terrell from Falcons camp.

I’m it’s already been reported but Grant Delpit tore his Achilles and is done for the year.

Creeper

Reaction score
These dudes still think hes sone game changing safety

I liked McKinney before the draft too, more than Delpit who was taken after McKinney. My only point was that a lot of gurus had mocked him as a second round pick, many had him going after Delpit. I think McKinney is going to be a good NFL safety. But a lot of teams don't look for safeties in the first round apparently.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If that's the case then Trevon Diggs was also a steal.
Yes.
Very good value for both, at least on paper.

Out of 10 prominent "draft gurus" final mocks.
  • Average pre-draft position for Diggs....35.1 (he went 51st). 160 pts on the trade chart
  • Average pre-draft position for McKinney...22.5 ( he went 36th). 210 pts on the trade chart

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL.

I'll never understand some of you.
It really is bizarre.
How can anyone judge their own team vs others if you know nothing about half of that equation?

It's one reason so many Cowboys fans have over (or under) rated our players and teams over the years. They have no educated current basis for comparison with other players/teams around the league.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I liked McKinney before the draft too, more than Delpit who was taken after McKinney. My only point was that a lot of gurus had mocked him as a second round pick, many had him going after Delpit. I think McKinney is going to be a good NFL safety. But a lot of teams don't look for safeties in the first round apparently.
Depends on your definition of good.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL.

I'll never understand some of you.
What's not to understand. We have a compartmentalized organization here. We talk about everything Cowboys in the "Fan Zone" and the rest of the league is discussed in the "NFL Zone", that's why it's there. Sounds rudimentarily understandable to me, so what does that say about you when you say you don't understand, correction, you'll never understand. Sounds like willful ignorance to me. A rebellion against the know order of things. That's your problem not everyone else's. lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It really is bizarre.
How can anyone judge their own team vs others if you know nothing about half of that equation?

It's one reason so many Cowboys fans have over (or under) rated our players and teams over the years. They have no educated current basis for comparison with other players/teams around the league.
Who is saying half the equation is not understood? It's just discussed elsewhere... the NFL Zone, it exists for a reason, to discuss everything NFL related but not fundamentally dealing with the Cowboys. It seems the perfect place for this discussion.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Who is saying half the equation is not understood? It's just discussed elsewhere... the NFL Zone, it exists for a reason, to discuss everything NFL related but not fundamentally dealing with the Cowboys. It seems the perfect place for this discussion.
I agree. This thread probably belongs in the NFL Zone.

I was referring to those not caring about players or news on other teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree. This thread probably belongs in the NFL Zone.

I was referring to those not caring about players or news on other teams.
I made that comment but I should have said it better. What I meant by the comment was I don't care for other teams players or news to be discussed in the Fan Zone. It seems more appropriate to discuss those things in the NFL Zone.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I've always thought that one of the more bizarre things that go on in this forum is when people
  1. make the effort to open a thread
  2. then actually post in that very thread.........

only to then say that they have no interest in the topic of that very thread they just opened and posted in.

:huh:

I mean, common sense 101.
If you don't like something and you aren't forced to do it, then don't do it!
:laugh:

So true lol.

Thread titled "2020 redraft" where you can't pick the Cowboys players, and they intentionally go in there, spend time typing out how they don't agree anyone should do it for a couple years.... when everyone will pick the same players at that point.

Keep on, keeping on my dude.

JBond

Reaction score
I don't care about "other" teams. This should be posted in the NFL zone, not here. The NFL zone, where everyone else goes to see what's up with the rest of the league.
Oh no.... the forum police are here! Run!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cleveland's Grant Delpit tore his Achilles and is out for the season. I heard his name mentioned by lots of people here during draft day and mocks.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
David Montgemery went down with a major knee injury today.

Trade Zeke and a 7th to the Bears for their 7th. Do it while they are in shambles!