2020 Rookies Around the League Progress Report

Verdict

Reaction score
I consider Wentz to be a very good QB but I always look ahead. If Wentz is injured and say misses 3-4 games next season with Hurts coming in and looking decent then they could trade Wentz. He's on a long term contract which for any team believing in Wentz would be more than happy taking on and the Eagles would recoup a nice draft pick or two.

I have been consistent with this angle and reiterate that we should have drafted Hurts in the second round rather than Diggs. Not just to provide us with a potentially very good QB on a rookie contract but it would have also hurt the Eagles who remain our main rivals in the division.
I think Hurts will supplant Wentz within two seasons. I wish we had drafted him. He may have made Dak expendable after this season.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Barring injury, there is no way Hurts win the job.......this year.
It might be interesting down the road though.
They wouldn't have burned a 2nd rounder on him if he didn't have a chance.
Barring injury....... with Wentz...... it's almost a given that he will get injured at some point this season

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Creeper

Reaction score
https://gmenhq.com/2020/08/20/ny-giants-rookie-moves-defense/

Enter rookie safety Xavier McKinney who Big Blue stole in the second round in what was considered one of the steals of the draft by experts league-wide.

McKinney is making his transition to the NFL look easy according to reports on the ground, as he routinely is disrupting plays in practice. More importantly, he’s taking Joe Judge’s hardened approach to things in stride as he’s used to going through tough training camps at Alabama under head coach Nick Saban, who Judge worked under for several years.

I wouldn't say McKinney was a steal. He went about where he was expected to go. A steal was CeeDee Lamb.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Funny, living in south jersey, I heard the other day Sudfeld got 30 snaps to hurts 12 or so. Now we're supposed to be scared of Hurts? A rookie qb. Still laughing at eagles as most of their fan base is at that move. Actually they're mostly stunned by it.
Look anyone in the Big 12 or well the world can probably tell you
Kyler> Baker > Hurts

And it really wasn't that close.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I smell QB controversy......
Just a matter of time before Wentz gets hurt again too.
The media has married themselves to the narrative that Wentz is a top QB just like they married themselves to the false narrative that Chip Kelly was a genius.
Oh dang...can already hear it coming..
Wentz got Hurtsed.

Creeper

Reaction score
McKinney was a mid to late round first rounder
Giants got a steal

There were several mocks with him going in the 2nd round including SI.com and Daniel Jeremiah. I cam sure I could find more is I spent a few minutes looking. If McKinney was a steal at 36, then Delpit was highway robbery at 44.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There were several mocks with him going in the 2nd round including SI.com and Daniel Jeremiah. I cam sure I could find more is I spent a few minutes looking. If McKinney was a steal at 36, then Delpit was highway robbery at 44.
I know this wasn't for me, but fwiw, I have a pre-draft spreadsheet with 15 of the most prominent "draft experts" (Jeremiah was one of them). Almost everyone (14 of 15) had McKinney going earlier than Delpit
The average draft slot for
  • McKinney was 22.6
  • Delpiti was 35.5
In the end, in his final top 50, even Jeremiah had McKinney 22nd and Depit 38th.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jer...-draft-prospect-rankings-4-0-0ap3000001108021

Hardline

Reaction score
Delpit was falling harder than a wet pair of pants in the late mocks.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think it will happen. Most likely due to injury opportunities.
Sudfield looks good as the backup right now.
fwiw

I guess just the fact that they burned a 2nd rounder on Hurts probably means if Wentz went down for an extended time, he'd get a shot soon vs later.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't care about "other" teams. This should be posted in the NFL zone, not here. The NFL zone, where everyone else goes to see what's up with the rest of the league.