2021 redraft?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That whole hype of Pitts was ridiculous. How they spoke of Pitts is how they should’ve spoke on Parsons.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If the NFL knew he could rush the edge like he does then we never could’ve drafted him.

Yep, even the Cowboys have been shocked how good MP has turned out. Fell into their laps and almost reluctantly had to select him. Had their sights on one of the CBs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
People were complaining about Tua last year just like Lawrence this season. Give em' time before you give up on them.
Lawrence will be fine.
He took such a bludgeoning his first year and had no chance at all with coach and support.
Not sure he can ever really reach his potential in Jacksonville, but at least this current coach gives him a chance to grow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That was a good top half of the first round.

Glad Micah fell to us.

Chargers are probably happy Slater fell to them at 13 too.

Micah and Slater were the two best values....imo.

Can't fault the teams that took QBs just because you take your shot at that position when you have the chance--especially if your scouts (and most scouts) like the players.

Both CBs will be good. Some say Surtain may be the 2nd best in the league already.

Chase was a great pick. Waddle was a good pick. D Smith? Not sure if he was worth the 10th pick, but he is a really good player.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He would have drafted Chase and yelled Captain 50 burger. Cavanaugh had the TCU safety as his top safety. He would have drafted him with the second round pick. I think he is still on the Ravens.
I think he wanted Pitts and Rashawn Slater in the first. Slater would have been worth it if they didn't get Parsons

rambo2

Reaction score
If the NFL knew he could rush the edge like he does then we never could’ve drafted him.
I knew that he was a dominant pass rusher and I said so before he ever played a game. Mickey was also saying that he was a Lawrence Taylor type player before the draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think he wanted Pitts and Rashawn Slater in the first. Slater would have been worth it if they didn't get Parsons
He loved Pitts but remember Cavanaugh is a wide receiver guy. Chase was his number 1 graded receiver and was a top 3 player on his board.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Pitts
Chase
Waddle
Sewell
Horn
Surtain
S. Smith
Fields
Parsons

Other than Chase and Waddle I'm not overly impressed. A bunch of teams kicking themselves for not trading down and getting Parsons. Still time for more in that bunch to come around and be pretty good.
The QB's have been poor, but Surtain and Horn are looking like top 5 caliber CB's. Surtain could make a case he already is. Sewell has been a very good LT. Pitts had a very good rookie year. Outside of QB's, it was an outstanding top of the draft

Reid1boys

Reaction score
well i just want to say i would be mad if i was a falcons fan

idc how good pitts is in fantasy a tight end top 5 is stupid and look at the name of who went after him it is stud after stud who play way more valuable positon

Until the Falcons get the QB position figured out, all of the rest of that team wont matter.

DanA

Reaction score
Excluding QB’s you’d think the top 10 in a redraft would be:
  1. Parsons
  2. Slater
  3. Chase
  4. Diggs
  5. Surtain
  6. Sewell
  7. Waddle
  8. Horn
  9. D.Smith
  10. Humphrey

exciter

Reaction score
Cavanaugh would have drafted that midget safety from TCU he wouldn't shut up about.
What happened to him other than going to purgatory in Oakland//Los Angelas/ Oakland/ Los Vegas or wherever city they’re in now!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I knew that he was a dominant pass rusher and I said so before he ever played a game. Mickey was also saying that he was a Lawrence Taylor type player before the draft.

Someone should’ve told the professional scouts that.

Luckily he was viewed as a run stopping middle linebacker that lacked instincts against the pass.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Have you changed your stance that he’s Jaylon Smith part 2?

My stance was he had a similar skill set to Jaylon at linebacker and I stand by that.

Like the NFL scouts, I didn’t account for him being an elite edge rusher.

I’ve never been very impressed with anything he’s done at linebacker. He doesn’t look natural doing it.

Luckily the Cowboys agreed with me and stuck him on the edge and didn’t do what the majority of people on this board wanted to do and keep him at linebacker where he makes a minimal impact.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Parson goes number 1 EASY! To think we traded back and still got him.

Beaker42

Reaction score
There is no way to know, but I wonder how good this defense would be with Surtain and no Parcens. I am glad they got Parcens, but I think they would be very good with Surtain.

Diggs and Surtain with the 3 good safties, would be a great backfield
Dlaw, Fowler, Armstrong, Williams, Basham is a very good DE rotation
Do you mean Parsons?