2021 redraft?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Lawrence will be fine.
He took such a bludgeoning his first year and had no chance at all with coach and support.
Not sure he can ever really reach his potential in Jacksonville, but at least this current coach gives him a chance to grow.
Not sold on him.

btcutter

Reaction score
There is no way to know, but I wonder how good this defense would be with Surtain and no Parcens. I am glad they got Parcens, but I think they would be very good with Surtain.

Diggs and Surtain with the 3 good safties, would be a great backfield
Dlaw, Fowler, Armstrong, Williams, Basham is a very good DE rotation

The closer you are to the opposing QB and the back field the bigger impact you’ll likely have. IMO.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Should have moved up a few spots in the 2nd round in 2021 and drafted big DT Christian Barmore instead of CB Kelvin Joseph. This 2022 draft, should have used our first 5th round pick and last 5th round pick to move up a few slots earlier in the 5th round to draft Seattle's rookie CB Tariq Woolen (who is currently one of the better CBs in the NFL), instead of OT Waletzko who has been injured/finished for the season without even getting on the field while DT John Ridgeway was cut and is now with the Commanders.

rambo2

Reaction score
Someone should’ve told the professional scouts that.

Luckily he was viewed as a run stopping middle linebacker that lacked instincts against the pass.
I think that some scouts saw it. I certainly did. Just look at the guy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If the NFL knew he could rush the edge like he does then we never could’ve drafted him.

yea, knowing how good he is...he probably goes #1

but even if he played in 2020 and say got 12 sacks as a hybrid DE, I don't see how he slips past Atlanta at #4

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don’t. I think everyone had him as a MLB and that’s the only reason he was available to us.

Definitely viewed as an off the ball linebacker, which admittedly if that's what he was, he probably isn't a very good pick for us at #12 or where ever we took him

Thomas82

Reaction score
I have only watched half a game with him in the nfl, but he is 6'6. I think qbs should be around 6'5. I think he has a very good chance of being good for a long time.

His neck makes him 6'6".

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Parsons went to the Eagles or the Giants this would have been a terrible draft. I'm glad he fell to us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one knew Parsons could rush the passer like he can. He hadn't done it since HS. Everyone graded him as an off ball LB
I’m not talking about as a pass rusher though. The whole aura of Pitts is he was fast and big and we’ve never seen anything like him. Parsons was an elite athlete as well and I personally haven’t seen someone like him. Clowney was another great athlete and Isiah Simmons too and while people may have not thought he could be a pass rusher his unreal strength and speed was all evident on tape. That should not have shocked anyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Cavanaugh but he gets a little receiver crazy. Tolbert was his favorite pick and highest rated player the Cowboys drafted. He would have drafted Davonte Smith over Parsons as well.:laugh::omg:
His philosophy is 50 burger lol. I mean I get it. Dolphins spent a lot of money bolstering their receiving group just like that and it’s working.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My stance was he had a similar skill set to Jaylon at linebacker and I stand by that.

Like the NFL scouts, I didn’t account for him being an elite edge rusher.

I’ve never been very impressed with anything he’s done at linebacker. He doesn’t look natural doing it.

Luckily the Cowboys agreed with me and stuck him on the edge and didn’t do what the majority of people on this board wanted to do and keep him at linebacker where he makes a minimal impact.
What do you mean luckily they agreed with you? They didn’t agree with you on anything. You think they planned on drafting Jaylon part two with a top 12 pick?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be fair, Pitts was a stud at UF.
I agree he was and he may still be a stud. But they spoke of him reinventing the position and teams will be scared and have to game plan for him every week. At the end of the day he’s still a tight end and there are plenty of good ones as good or better than him that teams have drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds it was just odd.