2022-2023 NBA Thread

Shane612

Reaction score
Are the Mavericks going to pick up Dragic now that he's been waived?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Are the Mavericks going to pick up Dragic now that he's been waived?
Doesn't appear so.
The irony is Dallas has been tied to Dragic all these times and they have told him the truth.
If he had signed up for that 3rd part-time role he likely would have seen that role grow and he would likely have played in a WCF.

I sure wish Dallas had told McGee he would be 3rd string so the didn't sign here lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn't appear so.
The irony is Dallas has been tied to Dragic all these times and they have told him the truth.
If he had signed up for that 3rd part-time role he likely would have seen that role grow and he would likely have played in a WCF.

I sure wish Dallas had told McGee he would be 3rd string so the didn't sign here lol.
Did you guys get Javale? At least he will be good for some entertainment. I still believe, he, JR Smith and Nick Young all played in the same finals. And game 1 had an incredible dunk fail by McGee and a historically stupid play by JR

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Did you guys get Javale? At least he will be good for some entertainment. I still believe, he, JR Smith and Nick Young all played in the same finals. And game 1 had an incredible dunk fail by McGee and a historically stupid play by JR
He is on the team but very rarely plays.
They used entire MLE on him for 3 years ////sadpoaejfsadfwq'gqhiprweg/il

rags

Reaction score
So, with what happened last night, are Doncic and Kyrie beginning to jell?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure it was as much about Luka/Kyrie as it was about losing DFS and not having Maxi back.
Mavs are really short on defense.
They need every defender they have to play and play well.

Shane612

Reaction score
May be.....
But I wish they had a someone who can play some defense.
Having to score 120 each game for a chance to win is not sustainable.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
May be.....
But I wish they had a someone who can play some defense.
Having to score 120 each game for a chance to win is not sustainable.
I was at the game to the underwhelming Pacers where they scored 122 and lost. PAIN!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
More pain today losing a close one to Phx.
That was a heck of a game. Hard to be too mad to losing to the KD-led Suns with everyone healthy.
But had Luka hit that last bunny at the rim they not only tie but I also clear a 3-player parlay on prize picks to win 50 bucks.
Rough shot.....

Cebrin

Reaction score
Mavs free falling. Now the 11 seed. How can you be considered a superstar if your defense is so atrocious that you can’t win even with elite offense?
They look lost. Kind of hard to figure out who to point a finger at. Nico for the trade? Kidd's coaching, and rotational choices? Players? I see it right down the middle, but I lean on this trade not really helping us in what we were struggling with the most, and that's defense. We gave up defense for presumably more offense, but it isn't working. Our depth is gone.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If you had told me prior to this season, there was a chance that Dallas didn't convey their FRP protected for selections 1-10 to NY, I'd have laughed at you

But here we are, with a hand full of games and the Mavericks have the 11th worse record and that could be 10th depending on the Lakers Bulls game

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Gotta burn down the Mavs. Soft and stupid organization. First, they go all in for Kristaps and bail early. Then they let Brunson go for nothing. Then they go all in on Kyrie. Then they tank on the 81st game when it was Slovenian night at the arena. I don’t see why Luca would wanna stay with the team after all that.