2022-2023 Premier League Season

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Gary O'Neil is the current interim. I think we are going after Dyche, but, if he or Benitez reject us, then Rodgers wouldn't be a bad choice.
Rafael Benitez would be a great choice if you ask me
Neil Warnock wants to go back to coaching :)

Or just bring back Harry Redknapp

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rafael Benitez would be a great choice if you ask me
Neil Warnock wants to go back to coaching :)

Or just bring back Harry Redknapp

Leave Redknapp to EastEnders haha. I would like Benitez, Dyche, or Rodgers. Or, if we get really lucky, maybe Pochettino.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Tuchel has looked mentally fragile since day 1 of this season. Every interview, every shot of him on the sideline, he has seemed troubled and anxious. I think his sacking will do him a big favour.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Pochettino probably goes to Chelsea. Redknapp is a dinosaur. Dyche would be good for Bournemouth but I feel if it was going to happen it would have already.

Perhaps we're just waiting to see who else gets binned. I think Tuchel would be a very lucky signing, but I doubt we're suitable for his sights. Poch is Chelsea's man I think (but don't rule out Mourinho). Dyche or Brendan Rodgers would be brilliant additions. Also, the Redknapp joke was a reference to the BBC's "EastEnders", in which he made an appearance.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tuchel is a heck of a manager and I badly wanted the club to stop sacking managers after a small blip but I can fully understand the move.

He wasn't the current ownerships choice and with 5-6 out of form players wanting away following 3-4 leaving on frees it became clear change was coming.
Many of TT's personnel decisions bordered on criminal. --not fighting for countryman Rudiger among the most egregious.
Playing guys like CHO and Pulisic at wing back which killed their legs and poorly fit their games.

There was no option to spend their way out of the woes with so many guys paid insane wages but playing in such poor form you can't even move them.

I will always remember that Real Madrid victory in the UCL but I will not miss this style of football one bit. Mid table and below type EPL teams out playing Chelsea is simply embarrassing.

Up the Chels and lets see what Potter can do with a big budget.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Potter to Chelsea.
Yes, I'm surprised to be honest. The Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice, he could have stayed at Brighton for years to come. I guess he wants to test himself but I think all he's really done is shorten his career as a premier league manager.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, I'm surprised to be honest. The Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice, he could have stayed at Brighton for years to come. I guess he wants to test himself but I think all he's really done is shorten his career as a premier league manager.

Exactly, and he's going to be eaten alive, especially against who he's expected to beat now. I expect Chelsea and he are going to regret this decision. He's the king of 1-1 draws, and I think he'd have been better to wait for a side such as Leicester City, who are a similar sized side who have won a title recently and are likely to sack Rodgers. Alternatively, I think he should have tried to gain international experience managing in Italy, the Bundesliga, or Spain to expand his horizons.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fired Chelsea managers have zero issues getting a job so that's probably not a concern at all for him.

He gets to play in the UCL and front a big club for the first time.

I don't know what to make of the hire as he came up through the ranks and is beloved in England but not known world-wide.
Sounds like he would be in a back 3 and playing out from the back.

Graham Potter's new-look Chelsea will be dynamic and full of energy but it's bad news for several key players | The Sun

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Exactly, and he's going to be eaten alive, especially against who he's expected to beat now. I expect Chelsea and he are going to regret this decision. He's the king of 1-1 draws, and I think he'd have been better to wait for a side such as Leicester City, who are a similar sized side who have won a title recently and are likely to sack Rodgers. Alternatively, I think he should have tried to gain international experience managing in Italy, the Bundesliga, or Spain to expand his horizons.
Chelsea paid 10M to buy his release clause.
That was unlikely to happen with many other clubs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fired Chelsea managers have zero issues getting a job so that's probably not a concern at all for him.

He gets to play in the UCL and front a big club for the first time.

I don't know what to make of the hire as he came up through the ranks and is beloved in England but not known world-wide.
Sounds like he would be in a back 3 and playing out from the back.

Graham Potter's new-look Chelsea will be dynamic and full of energy but it's bad news for several key players | The Sun

Oh, I'm not saying he won't find a new job if he gets binned. But I think Potter is really going to struggle with Chelsea, and I can see him ending up managing in some mid--low tier sides in Spain or Germany if he flops at Chelsea.