Twitter: 2022 cap projected at 208.2 million

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
How do you win with a QB taking up such a large percentage? I think this is why it is so important that if you do pay a QB that much they can elevate worse players. Unfortunately our guy hasn't shown that he can do that.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
How do you win with a QB taking up such a large percentage? I think this is why it is so important that if you do pay a QB that much they can elevate worse players. Unfortunately our guy hasn't shown that he can do that.

How much do you think he's taking up this year? The next?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You don't really even with the best QBs in the league.

No chance with Dak.

817Gill

Reaction score
You Draft well and sign solid veteran plugs. We are a well above average drafting team now we just need more offseasons like this past one in terms of FA pickups.

This “you can’t win with a large salary at QB” thing has been baked into some of our psyche of how to build a team, but it’s extremely exaggerated. The way you offset a high salary for your QB is bringing in talent at bargain contracts, for example rookie deals and fair vet deals. You keep drafting like we have and keep signing Kearse’s and Neal’s to fill in the gaps.

We have a SB caliber roster right now. Give us another draft like we’ve been doing and sign/re-sign of the right vets and we’ll continue to be a strong roster.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
How are we looking with the cap? I know I read where we are over but what kind of space can be made with restructures and cuts?

Of the players set to be free agents, the only ones I think I'd care to resign are Gregory, Kearse, and maybe Neal and Hooker. If C Williams makes it back into the lineup and the offense takes off he'd be a candidate but that's a stretch.

Zman5

Reaction score
Say what you will about the Jones boys, but they practically invented cap manipulation. They are good at it and can and will sign anyone they really want.
The issue is Stephen is ultra-cheapskate when it comes to signing high priced FA.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Fans love to make huge statements based on a few games or a partial season.

Mahomes has been pedestrian or worse all season.

Stafford has sucked as bad as any bum QB during a losing streak throwing pick sixes in several consecutive games and looking like a bum after a fast start; then he throws some good balls last night and is a stud again.

Lamar Jackson is looking like a total bust this season after being the best player in football.

Josh Allen was an MVP to start the season, like Dak, now he has struggle for so long that the Bills may hope for a wild card.

Herbert? Lordy!

What did you do today is how fans judge QBs and make blanket statements.

Flamma

Reaction score

Dak is a 17 million dollar cap hit this year, and he'll be an 18 million dollar cap hit next year after restructure. That's not a large percentage. We'll see what happens for 2023.

stinkface

Reaction score
Fans love to make huge statements based on a few games or a partial season.

Mahomes has been pedestrian or worse all season.

Stafford has sucked as bad as any bum QB during a losing streak throwing pick sixes in several consecutive games and looking like a bum after a fast start; then he throws some good balls last night and is a stud again.

Lamar Jackson is looking like a total bust this season after being the best player in football.

Josh Allen was an MVP to start the season, like Dak, now he has struggle for so long that the Bills may hope for a wild card.

Herbert? Lordy!

What did you do today is how fans judge QBs and make blanket statements.
We get the new cap numbers and everyone screams about Daks salary.

Well, it is what it is, baked into the cake, barndoor closed etc etc. Bottom line is what can we do with the new cap numbers? Everything else is done. For goodness sakes the Dak salary is in the rear view mirror. Move forward folks. Doing anything else is counter productive unless you actually closet Cowboys haters.

plymkr

Reaction score
How are we looking with the cap? I know I read where we are over but what kind of space can be made with restructures and cuts?

Of the players set to be free agents, the only ones I think I'd care to resign are Gregory, Kearse, and maybe Neal and Hooker. If C Williams makes it back into the lineup and the offense takes off he'd be a candidate but that's a stretch.
This is information I would be curious to know as well. As much as I want to have another Dak debate can we talk about the rest of the roster? Please