2022 FIFA World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
OK guys, now that we've seen every team is anyone beating France? Personally I dont think so.

Side note - very disappointed in Brazil - used to like watching them back in the day but now not so much - they got talent but they play very individualistic ball.
My answer is Brazil.
And man I love watching them play.
Skill galore and very, very good on defense.
Much less individualistic than prior Brazil teams tbh.

Also Does France beat Denmark today? I'm not so sure. I'd lean Draw.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It will be tough beating Iran since all they need is a draw to advance.
Makes it more likely we see aggression and offensive skill out of the US.
Hard to park a bus for 95-100 if the other side doesn't wanna play along.
But I will say given US lack of set piece mastery that W will have to be earned.
Still think all in all if you let Pulisic, McKennie and Aronson run at you they'll score.
Puli is an awful defender, but he creates chances at a rate that few match going forward.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
My answer is Brazil.
And man I love watching them play.
Skill galore and very, very good on defense.
Much less individualistic than prior Brazil teams tbh.

Also Does France beat Denmark today? I'm not so sure. I'd lean Draw.
To be honest, haven't seen Denmark at all so cant really say...

Looking at the schedule tho just noticed Spain vs Germany tomorrow...nice.

Flamma

Reaction score
Makes it more likely we see aggression and offensive skill out of the US.
Hard to park a bus for 95-100 if the other side doesn't wanna play along.
But I will say given US lack of set piece mastery that W will have to be earned.
Still think all in all if you let Pulisic, McKennie and Aronson run at you they'll score.
Puli is an awful defender, but he creates chances at a rate that few match going forward.

I don't think Iran will sit back and play D the entire match. But if it's even going into the 2nd half, that's what they'll do. Got to hope to jump out in front.

It's only one match, but I haven't seen the US look that good against a top team since against Germany in 2002. England dominated play in 2010, even though we got a draw.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Argentina with two beautiful goals today. Don't see enough as-is to say they can win it all. Their attack looks a bit slow at times.

CONCAF have scored 1 goal so far this tournament.
I'm 1st in my Fantasy League and my wife is just barely teaching me how offsides is called.
Mainly becuase Argentina is one of my teams and Saudi Arabia trapped the crap out of them.

RFABR

Reaction score
OK guys, now that we've seen every team is anyone beating France? Personally I dont think so.

Side note - very disappointed in Brazil - used to like watching them back in the day but now not so much - they got talent but they play very individualistic ball.
Our 2022 squad is the most promising one since 2006. Young and hungry kids in a rejuvenated group as we hadn't seem in many many years. It's kinda funny to cheer for most of them.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm 1st in my Fantasy League and my wife is just barely teaching me how offsides is called.
Mainly becuase Argentina is one of my teams and Saudi Arabia trapped the crap out of them.

I don't know how they can see it in real time on some of the close ones.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Quick partial lesson. It is offside not offsides. Just joking. Not about it being singular, that is true, just not being as pedantic as I've seen others on social media correcting people.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our 2022 squad is the most promising one since 2006. Young and hungry kids in a rejuvenated group as we hadn't seem in many many years. It's kinda funny to cheer for most of them.

On paper, this is the most talented collection of players the US has ever fielded. BUT, they are young and lack familiarity and cohesion. The fact they were able to draw England is a huge statement since its unlikely we have a single player who could even make their team.

We have yet to field our best 9. So, this could get interesting if we can get past Iran.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Quick partial lesson. It is offside not offsides. Just joking. Not about it being singular, that is true, just not being as pedantic as I've seen others on social media correcting people.
Lol. Word.

RFABR

Reaction score
On paper, this is the most talented collection of players the US has ever fielded. BUT, they are young and lack familiarity and cohesion. The fact they were able to draw England is a huge statement since its unlikely we have a single player who could even make their team.

We have yet to field our best 9. So, this could get interesting if we can get past Iran.
Oh, sorry, I was talking about Brazil. Just saw that my post wasn't clear

Flamma

Reaction score
Someone help me understand why they reversed that goal by Morocco. I get that a player was offside, but it didn't look like he touched it. Are they saying it touched his head?

RFABR

Reaction score
Someone help me understand why they reversed that goal by Morocco. I get that a player was offside, but it didn't look like he touched it. Are they saying it touched his head?
The player was offside AND interfered with the main action: you can see that the goalkeeper "chases" him and the ball passes by. By the current rule, the play must be nullified.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The player was offside AND interfered with the main action: you can see that the goalkeeper "chases" him and the ball passes by. By the current rule, the play must be nullified.

Well said.

Flamma

Reaction score

Aah, thanks. I forgot all about that part.

Flamma

Reaction score

As of right now I think 2002 was better. We'll see what happens against Iran. But you might be right, on paper.