2023 draft class a bust?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
What’s you opinions. For me I say yes, the complete class minus overshown only cuz we don’t really know about him was a bust.
How do you over come that. How far does that set this team back?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what Zimmer does with Mazi. DQ wanted him to drop weight and get quicker off the snap. Does Zim put him back up in weight to anchor the 1T?

Overshown gets an injury pass for his rookie year. Will he be back to 100% this year? Probably not. Also he did not get the benefit of reps and experience so he is basically still a raw rookie and very small for Zimmer’s scheme

Schoonmaker? Time will tell. Big year for him. Last year was a wash. With an offseason in the weight room he may improve.

If all three contribute this year— hard to say the 23 draft class is a “bust”…. But early results were not promising to say the least

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s you opinions. For me I say yes, the complete class minus overshown only cuz we don’t really know about him was a bust.
Will McClay is one heck of a great YES man as to why he still has a job boggles the mind.
Too many busts out there in Draft land................

plymkr

Reaction score
I think you got to give it a year or two before labeling the class a bust. Players can improve or get coached up or figure things out. So far it’s not encouraging that our 2 best rookies were the kicker and an UDFA. But you never know. Check back in 2 seasons.

This upcoming draft we’ll have to have a strong draft with limited picks. McClay will have to work some magic.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This upcoming draft we’ll have to have a strong draft with limited picks.
Huh? The Cowboys will have 7 as normal.

1st Round: No. 24
2nd Round: No. 56
3rd Round: No. 88
5th Round: Comp Pick (Connor McGovern)
6th Round: Comp Pick (Dalton Schultz)
7th Round: No. 234 (Raiders)
7th Round: No. 245

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

main-qimg-b6150eab56714e5b32a9e7e777a8015c-lq

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s too early but I have no hope for it. I think Schoon and Mazi will be solid but still.

John813

Reaction score
In terms of getting year 1 impact players, it was a let down.
But, in terms of the class being a bust, it's way too early to say.
Give the players a full offseason to prepare at least prior to writing them off

1942willys

Reaction score
both Landry and BP said give a draft class three years before final judgement.
However despite what some want to bleat, a class can be balled a bust quicker than that and that has happened Our draft classes in the late 90's stank and we knew it right away
2000 gave us ONE good player in Mario Edwards and that was known in one year. If that is not a bust what is?

The problem with the 2023 class was that we went for need over everything else for the first two picks; and both do not look promising.
Smith is already a problem with this whole weight loss thing; the boys do not seem to know what they want to do with him
Schoon was another NEED pick that was NOT NEEDED and does not look great either
Overshawn MIGHT be the one player in the draft that really shines but we will not know for AT LEAST another year
Richards so far, to be blunt, seems to have the most promise and it is not huge