2023 draft class a bust?

Creeper

Reaction score
Mazi has a slow get off, they probably thought that would make him faster. The problem with Mazi is between the ears. He has no anticipation and is always 1 second too slow after the ball is snapped.
I agree. They should give him a drag racing game and let him learn reaction quickness from the Christmas Tree lights to start drag races. Maybe than can translate to reacting to the snap of the football. If he does not improve in this area he will always be a JAG at best.

Creeper

Reaction score
My question is, what about Eric Scott? Having watched him in the preseason he looked pretty mediocre to me. He is slow out of breaks. The Cowboys thought so highly of him they traded up to draft him then kept him on the roster all year never activating him once, even when they needed CB depth. The let LBs like Harper and Evans go so they could keep Scott on the roster. What did they see in him? Maybe they can trade him to Quinn in Washington for a 5th round pick.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I just posted elsewhere, he is willing to play the Milli Vanilli sham.

We need a fake behind the scenes GM and a puppet HC to make it appear that Jerry is the man, even though everyone already knows this.

Its never a subject because most of the media trying to earn a living knows better than to cross vindictive Jerry.

It’s a truly disgusting ego show and I can’t wait until it’s over. I really can’t. I don’t even care about winning if the circus would just stop already. This is NOT what I signed up for. I am 100% embarrassed to admit I’m a fan of this team because of that buffoon and his image.
Jerry: Well Will should we take JJ Watt or Taco?
Will: Go with the Taco man a stud I tell you a STUD!!!

:muttley:

Later in the future in another war room.............
Who do you recommend Will?
Mazi all the way Jerry!!!!

Why does Will still have a JOB???????????????????????

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry: Well Will should we take JJ Watt or Taco?
Will: Go with the Taco man a stud I tell you a STUD!!!

:muttley:

Later in the future in another war room.............
Who do you recommend Will?
Mazi all the way Jerry!!!!

Why does Will still have a JOB???????????????????????
Told ya yesterday….he is willing to play the Milli Vanilli game.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
They need to let McClay select the guys HE wants. Letting the coaches pick their guys was a bad idea last year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What’s you opinions. For me I say yes, the complete class minus overshown only cuz we don’t really know about him was a bust.
How do you over come that. How far does that set this team back?
All signs are pointing to a bad draft. Mazi sucks and Schoonmaker has foot problems. Overshown was an undersized LB and got hurt. Couple of backup Oline players and a midget at RB. Lot to be excited about.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Ignoring the draft decision, what a waste of a roster spot Vaughn was. He should have been PS at best. There were a couple of promising players Dallas could have kept instead- players that were lost.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Where did that come from? Where is the evidence of this?
The evidence is his lack of targets. He had a couple of drops and he didn’t run a deep enough route to score a TD in a huge game. He also didn’t get out of bounds after one of his few catches to stop the clock in a critical situation. What did Schoonmaker do to give Dak any confidence in him? Ferguson has become Dak’s security blanket.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who did you want to take targets away from to give him?
If he was dependable and Dak had confidence in him he would be getting Fergusons targets. Schoonmaker was given an opportunity in training camp and Ferguson beat him out.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Huh? The Cowboys will have 7 as normal.

1st Round: No. 24
2nd Round: No. 56
3rd Round: No. 88
5th Round: Comp Pick (Connor McGovern)
6th Round: Comp Pick (Dalton Schultz)
7th Round: No. 234 (Raiders)
7th Round: No. 245
And that is before they trade away Trey Lance for draft picks

wick

Reaction score
Some idiots will tell you it’s too soon to call the ‘95 and ‘09 classes busts.

Yes, it was a catastrophic bust. That’s pretty clear unless you simply don’t want to see it.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Mazi is looking red-flag level bad, Schoonmaker is getting the Marty B treatment in the best case, Overshown missed the year, and I don't have a lot of confidence in any of the day 3 guys. Maybe Richards.

If anyone in this class provides value, it's going to be from a healthy Overshown or a majorly turned around Mazi. But chances are looking high that the 2023 draft will be a complete whiff.
What about TJ Bass?

MikeT22

Reaction score
My question is, what about Eric Scott? Having watched him in the preseason he looked pretty mediocre to me. He is slow out of breaks. The Cowboys thought so highly of him they traded up to draft him then kept him on the roster all year never activating him once, even when they needed CB depth. The let LBs like Harper and Evans go so they could keep Scott on the roster. What did they see in him? Maybe they can trade him to Quinn in Washington for a 5th round pick.
I get that he is a late round pick. But I don’t get why they thought they needed to trade up for him. Guess he had measurables :facepalm: