2024 salary cap set at 255.4 million

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Any advantage or disadvantage a cap change makes for a team will be mirrored by all other 31 teams. It also doesn’t imply any team will be getting more talent than they would have as new contracts will increase commensurately

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All true, but it does give the Cowboys more options if they are struggling to come to terms with Dak on an extension. It doesn't change a ton in the grand scheme but does give the Cowboys some leverage in negotiations if Daks team is playing hard ball as it's easier to get under the cap prior to the start of the league year without Daks help.
255 million is music to my ears..........trust the PAPPY on this one!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
basically we were projected to be between anywhere from $-16 to $-14 million with a projection of 244 million.

The additional $11 million puts us closer to being under the cap.

You simply restructure Martin and we are under now.

You don’t have to extend him now to to get under and still have wiggle room

Restructure Martin, Tank. Extend Lamb. Cut LVE, Rush and Gallup and you are easily +10-$15 million with Gallup giving you an additional $9 million post June
:clap:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So Washington and Chicago have nearly $100 million to go wild with lol
I feel like there's a point of diminishing returns after a certain point
like there's nothing you can't do with $100 million, that you probably can't do with $50 million in space
Like front loading a contract so all the money hits in 2024 and 2025 may sound like you're playing 3D chess...but then you're asking for players to hold out and not have much motivation when all the money's been paid

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t think so anymore. The extra 11-12 million puts Dallas more so around negative $3-4 million now.

You won’t be big players in Free agency .. but if they extend Dak they could easily get around 40-50 million in cap space
They won’t be but they absolutely could if they wanted to be

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would only cost 21 million to franchise tag Dorance Armstrong. We would be fools not to.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2: at all the freaking out some were over the salary cap. All of a sudden we are close to even.
As I said, I don't get into the salary cap dilemma as it always works itself out.

Yes there are still issues, like the big chunk owed to our QB. They still need to create room to sign some of their own FA's, any extensions, and the pool for the draft picks. Which can come from Gallup be named a post June 1st cut.

But this is nothing in which they have not been through before. Except the exuberant amount owed to Dak.
But now it is all within a reasonable reach to get things done.

They can restructure a few contracts, and release a few players. Releasing Rush will save $2.5 million in itself.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2: at all the freaking out some were over the salary cap. All of a sudden we are close to even.
As I said, I don't get into the salary cap dilemma as it always works itself out.

Yes there are still issues, like the big chunk owed to our QB. They still need to create room to sign some of their own FA's, any extensions, and the pool for the draft picks. Which can come from Gallup be named a post June 1st cut.

But this is nothing in which they have not been through before. Except the exuberant amount owed to Dak.
But now it is all within a reasonable reach to get things done.

They can restructure a few contracts, and release a few players. Releasing Rush will save $2.5 million in itself.
They owe Dak 5 million Bonus and 29 million= 34 million and then we can wash our hands of him and Todd.
255 million mama mia is a God send!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Perfect........ya we can manage without an extension as Cap boy Stephen is on the Job baby!!! :muttley:
So we got the luxury of proving them years for MM and Dak or it's hit the road time.
FA ............common now when the last time we spent serious cap cash on those?????????????
hold on what now???

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the proper adjustments with certain contracts/cuts, as we do not spend heavily in the FA market no matter what Jerry is telling us winner-winner chicken dinner!
They can fit that 59 million and trust me you will witness it live and living color........patience.
really we can?????? don't get me happy