2024 salary cap set at 255.4 million

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Don’t forget, rookies and minimum salary will be more expensive now, so less to work with there.

Jayinem

Reaction score
The cap has gone up year-over-year with the exception of the pandemic-strapped 2020 season that led to a revenue hit impacting the following year. Entering this offseason, the Cowboys were/are deep in the red at approximately $16.1 million over the cap, per Spotrac.44 mins ago

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gives us more room to absorb his 59 million cap hit not a paycheck.
Never forget we also have the post-June 1st cut which will leave us with MORE cap room.
Carson has posted an informative post concerning this above.
No way Jose does Todd dance on the Star at this point..........NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What we don't know or trust is the goofball GM of ours..........
lol lol I got to the last line and i'm like pappy doesn't realize who the owner is, lol thankfully you stated it lol, jerry is about to get fleeced!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For this interested at an easy $82 million in cap space

Well, this means "going all in" can get stupid expensive now for 2024.

Currently at $-3M in cap space.

Get a Dak extension done and bring his cap hit down to $39.45M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $20M

Get a CD extension done and bring his cap hit down $10.99M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $7M

Get a Martin extension done and bring his cap hit down $18.5M (for easy math reasons) - Opens up $10M

Restructure Diggs - Opens up $9M

Restructure Steele - Opens up $6M

Restructure Wilson - Opens up $2.5M

Cap increase - Opens up $30.6M

Leaves us with around $82M in 2024 cap space. Jerry needs to stunt on the FA market man....

You also can release Rush and LVE for an additional $5 million giving you $87 million in cap
Oh my gosh this is soooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You extend Micah now he just complains in two years he isn’t the highest paid player
looooooooooooool right, they all do this, didn't martin just do this, but anyways, i'm like NOPE you signed the deal!! if you're still 2nd team all pro you better not think of coming to me lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think it's going to change anything in regards to Dak, because that would imply Jerry wants to get rid of him.

It might change things as far as a free agent (Chris Jones?) but then again, every team is getting the cap increase.
chris can stay there

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We are really in for a massive wave of talent coming in a few weeks.

1500_perfectstorm.jpg

Everybody get down below.

Rockport, I want you up here with me.

Aye, aye Capt.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have probably known about this for a month. Hence the “all in” reference..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the proper adjustments with certain contracts/cuts, as we do not spend heavily in the FA market no matter what Jerry is telling us winner-winner chicken dinner!
They can fit that 59 million and trust me you will witness it live and living color........patience.
Dak, Dak, Dak. It’s all you think about 24x7.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this. It's more bad, then good. For the bad, it gives clubs more money to sign their own free agents which means less free agents of quality will be on the market. It also makes a lot more clubs players in free agency. Then, it's going to give teams in our own division more money to improve themselves. Specifically I'm thinking the Eagles who after cutting their safety free-agent next year will have near 45 million to spend. That's a lot of money, and players would want to go to them as much as they want to come to us. We are both winning teams, and players want the opportunity to win.

On the good side it helps us out of a hole. Currently with this large jump we are only 8 million in the red. That's a lot easier to correct then 20. It also makes the Salary Cap so no single player can hold the club hostage to get a deal done to make room. I'm thinking Prescott. It gives us a little more leverage in talks, and could yield a lesser payout.

Take your pick.