Reaction score
After this year Dallas likely loses:

DLaw (replace with Kneeland?)
Cooks
Osa
Martin (replace with Bass)
Lewis
Kendricks

Plus of course Dak and whoever the RB is.

So going into next year the Cowboys will be at the minimum without a starting:
WR2
DT
CB3 (Maybe Carson/Scott step up)
MLB
RB

And the punter is also up.

This year Dallas lost some starters but really their depth was crippled. Next year 5 big starters are almost for sure gone with another 2 hoping they can be replaced by current guys on the roster.

Given the money that has to go to Dak and Lamb next year if the FO spends the same way or doesn’t spend, how do the holes get plugged?

As for depth a total of 29 guys’ contracts are up which is nearly double the 16 that left this year. So buckle up. This year may seem like a super team compared to next year.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
DLaw and Martin are the only real losses. DLaw is mostly a run stopper now, he had 4 sacks and like 50 tackles… his leadership will be missed but his production can be replaced. Martin, idk I can’t really judge a G but everyone who does watch film has said he’s declining… again it feels more like leadership is what needs to be replaced.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys have 83 million in cap space for next offseason.

They’ll be able to keep everyone they want to keep.

Kendricks and Lewis are gonna be gone unless they want a cheap one year deal.

The others they’ll be able to sign……. If they want to.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The cowboys have 83 million in cap space for next offseason.

They’ll be able to keep everyone they want to keep.

Kendricks and Lewis are gonna be gone unless they want a cheap one year deal.

The others they’ll be able to sign……. If they want to.
Yea they have 83 but how much will be left after Dak and CD? Dak is going at least 50 and CD is going 30. Even with signing bonuses to offset some of it. They’re taking a large portion.

Plus Parsons and Bland will be in their last year next year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yea they have 83 but how much will be left after Dak and CD? Dak is going at least 50 and CD is going 30. Even with signing bonuses to offset some of it. They’re taking a large portion.

Lamb and Dak’s cap hits won’t be near 50 and 30. And that’s even if Dak is resigned.

Restructuring parsons will save money on the cap next year. He is due for a 21 mil cap
Hit right now. Which would be significantly less if he is restructured.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
After this year Dallas likely loses:

DLaw (replace with Kneeland?)
Cooks
Osa
Martin (replace with Bass)
Lewis
Kendricks

Plus of course Dak and whoever the RB is.

So going into next year the Cowboys will be at the minimum without a starting:
WR2
DT
CB3 (Maybe Carson/Scott step up)
MLB
RB

And the punter is also up.

This year Dallas lost some starters but really their depth was crippled. Next year 5 big starters are almost for sure gone with another 2 hoping they can be replaced by current guys on the roster.

Given the money that has to go to Dak and Lamb next year if the FO spends the same way or doesn’t spend, how do the holes get plugged?

As for depth a total of 29 guys’ contracts are up which is nearly double the 16 that left this year. So buckle up. This year may seem like a super team compared to next year.
Yes indeed next season is going to be even more of a challenge. Lots of key holes to fill. Maybe even QB! I never liked Stevie Boys penchant for 1 year deals. That really challenges the roster.

gtb1943

Reaction score
DLaw and Martin are the only real losses. DLaw is mostly a run stopper now, he had 4 sacks and like 50 tackles… his leadership will be missed but his production can be replaced. Martin, idk I can’t really judge a G but everyone who does watch film has said he’s declining… again it feels more like leadership is what needs to be replaced.
No EVERYONE does not feel like he is declining. He had lower body nagging injuries all season. I guess some people cannot tell the difference between that and declining. The record in the NFL is heavily flavored with guards in their MID THIRTIES being ALL PRO and deserving it

gtb1943

Reaction score

The Cap is supposed to go up at least another $20 million and I do believe we have less dead money. so there will be some room

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The Cap is supposed to go up at least another $20 million and I do believe we have less dead money. so there will be some room
actually there’s more dead money:

According to spotrac.com there will be charges for:
Dak - 40 mil
Gallup - 8.7 mil
Martin - 10.6 mil
DLaw - 7.4 mil
Cooks - 4 mil

That’s a total of around 70 mil. This year it’s about 15 mil with Zeke (6), Tyron (6), LVE (2.2) and Dorance (1.5) making the most.

The goal is just build a strong roster that needs a few pieces in 2026 when things open back up.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Also of note: Philly has 35 mil in dead cap this year with Reddick accounting for 21.5, Maddox 7.7, Barnett 3.9 and Mariota 3.

Cox I think is an additional 5.4 so that makes 40. Yet they still make moves this year. Next year Kelce 16.4 and Cox 10.1. They’re helped because Hurts doesn’t start counting over 30 until 2026

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
No EVERYONE does not feel like he is declining. He had lower body nagging injuries all season. I guess some people cannot tell the difference between that and declining. The record in the NFL is heavily flavored with guards in their MID THIRTIES being ALL PRO and deserving it
Ok… I’ll let Voch Lombardi, bryan broaddus and the other 3-4 media guys, who have connections inside the building and watch TC and practices, know that guards in the nfl are heavily flavored to make All Pros. Maybe if I use the cap lock it’ll get through to them.

gtb1943

Reaction score
actually there’s more dead money:

According to spotrac.com there will be charges for:
Dak - 40 mil
Gallup - 8.7 mil
Martin - 10.6 mil
DLaw - 7.4 mil
Cooks - 4 mil

That’s a total of around 70 mil. This year it’s about 15 mil with Zeke (6), Tyron (6), LVE (2.2) and Dorance (1.5) making the most.

The goal is just build a strong roster that needs a few pieces in 2026 when things open back up.
Of course that is assuming Dak is gone and until they are counting him as dead money. Martin also might not be gone.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Ok… I’ll let Voch Lombardi, bryan broaddus and the other 3-4 media guys, who have connections inside the building and watch TC and practices, know that guards in the nfl are heavily flavored to make All Pros. Maybe if I use the cap lock it’ll get through to them.
don't pout that your post got the disrespect it deserved