2025 could have even more holes on roster

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
don't pout that your post got the disrespect it deserved
If you read that as me pouting, idk what to tell you. I’m not qualified to speak on guard play, I’m reiterating what ppl who are qualified to speak on it have commented/hinted at. And every time the comment is made, the other ppl qualified to push back, don’t. Declining doesn’t mean he’s bad. From the way they talk about it, it’s just something to keep in mind for the next few years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seems simple to me….

If it’s going to continue to be draft only to add players they are going to have to get much more out of those players than they have been, because it’s obviously not been good enough.

It’s tough to do, especially picking late, but Jerry and Son have a plan….which is apparently to draft better than any other organization in the history of the league.

conner01

Reaction score
After this year Dallas likely loses:

DLaw (replace with Kneeland?)
Cooks
Osa
Martin (replace with Bass)
Lewis
Kendricks

Plus of course Dak and whoever the RB is.

So going into next year the Cowboys will be at the minimum without a starting:
WR2
DT
CB3 (Maybe Carson/Scott step up)
MLB
RB

And the punter is also up.

This year Dallas lost some starters but really their depth was crippled. Next year 5 big starters are almost for sure gone with another 2 hoping they can be replaced by current guys on the roster.

Given the money that has to go to Dak and Lamb next year if the FO spends the same way or doesn’t spend, how do the holes get plugged?

As for depth a total of 29 guys’ contracts are up which is nearly double the 16 that left this year. So buckle up. This year may seem like a super team compared to next year.
The following year even more including bland. It’s just the way it is unless you extend guys. Extend them or replace them. Most team are smart enough to use a combination of FA and the draft to replace losses and that makes it feasible to do. Just using the draft makes it really hard

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Of course that is assuming Dak is gone and until they are counting him as dead money. Martin also might not be gone.
Even if Dak is back, it’s 26 million + whatever his new contract is. The best case scenario is his cap hit is around where it is this year.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it too much. We've had rosters loaded with talent, including 13 Pro bowlers. The results are always the same once we get to the playoffs. It's not worth stressing over.

gtb1943

Reaction score
If you read that as me pouting, idk what to tell you. I’m not qualified to speak on guard play, I’m reiterating what ppl who are qualified to speak on it have commented/hinted at. And every time the comment is made, the other ppl qualified to push back, don’t. Declining doesn’t mean he’s bad. From the way they talk about it, it’s just something to keep in mind for the next few years.
so NAME and SITE the online place that so called experts say Martin is on the decline, Until you do you got nothing

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
so NAME and SITE the online place that so called experts say Martin is on the decline, Until you do you got nothing
dude, it’s not going to be good enough for u cause I already said Voch Lombardi and Bryan broudous… but I watched/listened to The Break, Talkin Cowboys, The Draft Show, Voch Lombardi Show, 105.3 YouTube channel, A to Z Sports Dallas, Cowboys report by chat sports… I didn’t write down specific times someone made the comment, cause it wasn’t a big deal. He’s still a legitimate pro bowler. You’re acting like I said he’s trash and needs to be replaced, relax. Ur acting goofy. He’s 33 yrs old of course he’ll decline a bit. Technic and knowledge will keep him playing at a high level until it can’t.

Creeper

Reaction score
Don't worry, we'll be drafting in the top 10 in every round, plus we get 3 additional 5th round picks and probably an additional 6th so when we draft all those HoF players on day 3, we'll be ready for the Super Bowl again!

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Yes next years dead cap money will be even worse which is why despite the whining of media and pundits they didn’t do a bunch of restructures and push even more forward. Dlaw and Martin are the only two on that list I would hate to see go and they will be able to keep them if that is what both sides want. 11 draft picks next year. The team is getting younger and eventually the cap will look much better.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yes next years dead cap money will be even worse which is why despite the whining of media and pundits they didn’t do a bunch of restructures and push even more forward. Dlaw and Martin are the only two on that list I would hate to see go and they will be able to keep them if that is what both sides want. 11 draft picks next year. The team is getting younger and eventually the cap will look much better.
Yep. Basically if a player isn’t going to be in his prime or on the cusp in 2026 he needs to go the next 2 years.

EJK24

Reaction score
Doesn't seem worth getting bothered over considering we haven't played a single snap of the upcoming season. Too much can happen between now and then.

gtb1943

Reaction score
dude, it’s not going to be good enough for u cause I already said Voch Lombardi and Bryan broudous… but I watched/listened to The Break, Talkin Cowboys, The Draft Show, Voch Lombardi Show, 105.3 YouTube channel, A to Z Sports Dallas, Cowboys report by chat sports… I didn’t write down specific times someone made the comment, cause it wasn’t a big deal. He’s still a legitimate pro bowler. You’re acting like I said he’s trash and needs to be replaced, relax. Ur acting goofy. He’s 33 yrs old of course he’ll decline a bit. Technic and knowledge will keep him playing at a high level until it can’t.
SO in other words YOU HAVE NO PROOF at all that anyone with any real football knowledge backs you up

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
SO in other words YOU HAVE NO PROOF at all that anyone with any real football knowledge backs you up
Ur a funny individual… I gave u two names that I know have specifically made the comment, both of which are more qualified to make the statement then you or I. I didn’t write down specific episodes or times because why would I, it wasn’t a big deal, none of them made it a big deal. He’s 33 a decline is almost expected at his age, yes he can still make probowls because the decline isn’t that big a deal and it’s offset by his technique and knowledge… please don’t reply to me, I genuinely don’t care about proving anything to you. My OP wasn’t an attack on him at all, you blowing this up way more then it needs to be.

Gambit

Reaction score
No EVERYONE does not feel like he is declining. He had lower body nagging injuries all season. I guess some people cannot tell the difference between that and declining. The record in the NFL is heavily flavored with guards in their MID THIRTIES being ALL PRO and deserving it
I've been trying to tell people this, no one listens.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After this year Dallas likely loses:

DLaw (replace with Kneeland?)
Cooks
Osa
Martin (replace with Bass)
Lewis
Kendricks

Plus of course Dak and whoever the RB is.

So going into next year the Cowboys will be at the minimum without a starting:
WR2
DT
CB3 (Maybe Carson/Scott step up)
MLB
RB

And the punter is also up.

This year Dallas lost some starters but really their depth was crippled. Next year 5 big starters are almost for sure gone with another 2 hoping they can be replaced by current guys on the roster.

Given the money that has to go to Dak and Lamb next year if the FO spends the same way or doesn’t spend, how do the holes get plugged?

As for depth a total of 29 guys’ contracts are up which is nearly double the 16 that left this year. So buckle up. This year may seem like a super team compared to next year.
We will have $80M+ cap space next year.

Flamma

Reaction score
actually there’s more dead money:

According to spotrac.com there will be charges for:
Dak - 40 mil
Gallup - 8.7 mil
Martin - 10.6 mil
DLaw - 7.4 mil
Cooks - 4 mil

That’s a total of around 70 mil. This year it’s about 15 mil with Zeke (6), Tyron (6), LVE (2.2) and Dorance (1.5) making the most.

The goal is just build a strong roster that needs a few pieces in 2026 when things open back up.
All this is already taken into consideration by Spotrac. If Dallas does nothing, they have 83M in cap space. If they resign Dak, he won't be a 40M dead cap, he'll probably be anywhere between a 15-25M cap hit. If they sign Lamb, he probably be around a 10-15M cap hit. They have a ton of space.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We will have $80M+ cap space next year.
And alot of that is eaten by Dak and CDs deals. The team has 29 free agents after the year. So it’s not like there’s 80 million to be spent on 5-6 guys.

Im admittedly not knowledgeable on how much a 50 mil and 30 mil deal for Dak and CD count
towards the cap in year 1 of their new deals but let’s say it’s 40 million combined between the two of them. That leaves you 40 million to fill 27 roster spots.

And if you dont sign Dak, then let’s say 60-65 million to fill 28 spots.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And alot of that is eaten by Dak and CDs deals. The team has 29 free agents after the year. So it’s not like there’s 80 million to be spent on 5-6 guys.

Im admittedly not knowledgeable on how much a 50 mil and 30 mil deal for Dak and CD count
towards the cap in year 1 of their new deals but let’s say it’s 40 million combined between the two of them. That leaves you 40 million to fill 27 roster spots.

And if you dont sign Dak, then let’s say 60-65 million to fill 28 spots.
They will back load deals for CD and Micah. It would not be a good idea to do that for Dak.