21 Years of Failure

willia451

Reaction score
This is not a rant. More an appeal. After witnessing the Falcons blow out GB and the mighty AR. That same AR that everyone was ready to anoint as a football God after defeating the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett should apologize to the Cowboys nation and resign.

Their FAIL is so epic and complete. That resignation is the only viable option.

It won't happen. Of course. But results on the field of play still do matter. And the results we have witnessed since the turn of the century............say it all. This dysfunctional narcissism has to end.

I leave you with this..........for now.

Zordon

Reaction score
We're lucky to have Jason Garrett.

pvXCtP5.gif

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Next year will tell the true story of these coaches. After 2007 Romo got hurt. After 2009 Romo got hurt. After 2014 Romo got hurt. Garrett had excuses but if Dak stays upright and we don't win some playoff games it has to be over. There's no reason we shouldn't repeat as division champions. Yea yea it's a new year. Blah

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Holy moly…best draft in goodness knows how long, possible franchise QB in the 4th round (especially when it looked like our franchise QB was being slammed shut), Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year, and it's somehow an "epic fail?"

Hyperbolic much?

No playoff wins suck, without a doubt, but the future is MUCH brighter than it was exactly this time a year ago.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I posted this prior in another thread, the mentality of this franchise needs to change. Jerry talked like a scared kid all week, Jason threw a million bouquets at the great Aaron Rodgers afterwards.

Atlanta focused on kicking their ***. When you've had little success for two decades, it's hard to change that scared and weak mentality.

Hopefully some of these young guys can help change it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This is not a rant. More an appeal. After witnessing the Falcons blow out GB and the mighty AR. That same AR that everyone was ready to anoint as a football God after defeating the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett should apologize to the Cowboys nation and resign.

Their FAIL is so epic and complete. That resignation is the only viable option.

It won't happen. Of course. But results on the field of play still do matter. And the results we have witnessed since the turn of the century............say it all. This dysfunctional narcissism has to end.

I leave you with this..........for now.

No. They should build this defense and tee it up again this next year.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Holy moly…best draft in goodness knows how long, possible franchise QB in the 4th round (especially when it looked like our franchise QB was being slammed shut), Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year, and it's somehow an "epic fail?"

Hyperbolic much?

No playoff wins suck, without a doubt, but the future is MUCH brighter than it was exactly this time a year ago.
I felt the same way in 2007 and it was wasted. Nobody knows.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We made the playoffs Romo's first two years as a starter and went 0-2. His first full year as a starter, we went 13-3. That team had as bright a future as this current one has. A lot of talented players were around 25 years old including Romo, Witten and Ware. We also had a lot of talented veterans. Heck, even our special teams were great with Nick Folk and All-Pro Matt McBriar. After making the playoffs Romo's first two years, we only made it two more times after that, going 1-2 (and getting a bit lucky to squeak out a win against the Lions).

My point is, you can try to make yourself feel better by saying how bright our future is, but you could've said the same thing back then. We went 13-3 this year and couldn't even beat a team that just got rocked by the Falcons. 13-3 teams don't just go in the playoffs and stand no chance against legitimate contenders. Well, we do. Our problems are bigger than Dak, Romo, Garrett or Parcells. We've been doing the same thing for 20+ years now.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I felt the same way in 2007 and it was wasted. Nobody knows.

I was here in '07 as well (and the 30 years prior).

For various reasons, we missed the boat after that.

I prefer to give this new group the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.