21 Years of Failure

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Hey, at least the nerve is firing......almost......maybe...
.....who knows.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tell this to Matt Ryan who took 9 years and 6 playoff runs to get to a SB. It's not that easy friend. Keep what we have going.

Yep, keep what we have going, but with a real head coach. Great idea. Watching Atlanta trounce all over GB yesterday exemplified how horrible of a showing the Cowboys really had.

Garrett blew it like he always does. But this time on the biggest stage. We should be heading to the SB. GB game should have been a blow out for the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Holy moly…best draft in goodness knows how long, possible franchise QB in the 4th round (especially when it looked like our franchise QB was being slammed shut), Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year, and it's somehow an "epic fail?"

Hyperbolic much?

No playoff wins suck, without a doubt, but the future is MUCH brighter than it was exactly this time a year ago.

What is so bright about knowing your team will always under achieve and Garrett will blow it when it counts the most?

So next year we enjoy another great regular season just chomping at the bit wondering if Garrett will blow it again in the playoffs?

No thanks.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is not a rant. More an appeal. After witnessing the Falcons blow out GB and the mighty AR. That same AR that everyone was ready to anoint as a football God after defeating the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett should apologize to the Cowboys nation and resign.

Their FAIL is so epic and complete. That resignation is the only viable option.

It won't happen. Of course. But results on the field of play still do matter. And the results we have witnessed since the turn of the century............say it all. This dysfunctional narcissism has to end.

I leave you with this..........for now.

We all want to win a Super Bowl and we'd like to think this organization could get one after all this time....however I do have a question:

So all seasons are failures if you don't win the Super Bowl?
Just making sure I get this right

And if so, and in your whole life, if you have never been the very best in your field in the world....does that make your entire life a failure?
Just asking.

Just seems your definition of failure is fairly absolute.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all want to win a Super Bowl and we'd like to think this organization could get one after all this time....however I do have a question:

So all seasons are failures if you don't win the Super Bowl?
Just making sure I get this right

And if so, and in your whole life, if you have never been the very best in your field in the world....does that make your entire life a failure?
Just asking.

Just seems your definition of failure is fairly absolute.

This season was a resounding success. This draft put the Cowboys not only back on the map, but should be the best young team going forward. But once that was established 2/3rds of the way through the season and it was obvious the Cowboys were one of the best if not the best team in football, the bar got raised. I thought they were the best team in the NFL and could have beaten anyone.

But they blew it. Garrett blew it. So there was the failure. We were beaten because we had a rookie head coach. The worst game manager in the NFL or college. Bar none.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This season was a resounding success. This draft put the Cowboys not only back on the map, but should be the best young team going forward. But once that was established 2/3rds of the way through the season and it was obvious the Cowboys were one of the best if not the best team in football, the bar got raised. I thought they were the best team in the NFL and could have beaten anyone.

But they blew it. Garrett blew it. So there was the failure. We were beaten because we had a rookie head coach. The worst game manager in the NFL or college. Bar none.
Yeah.
I agree it was a success, but it could have (and should have) been slightly better.
At the very least, this team should have beaten Green Bay in Dallas.

But the future at least appears to be looking good.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah.
I agree it was a success, but it could have (and should have) been slightly better.
At the very least, this team should have beaten Green Bay in Dallas.

But the future at least appears to be looking good.

What a lot of these "process" fans dont get is you only get so many great opportunities. Where the health works out, the chemistry is amazing, and everything falls into place. This was ONE of those opportunities. To think that next year is just going to be another great year and we will be better is naive. Anything bad could happen. The NFC was actually there for the taking this year. It was a major blown opportunity. Unless you are the Patriots, the Cowboys will not get a better opportunity then the one they had this year. They blew it.

The Falcons got to Rogers. The Patriots got to Ben. The teams with the better defenses are in the SB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What a lot of these "process" fans dont get is you only get so many great opportunities. Where the health works out, the chemistry is amazing, and everything falls into place. This was ONE of those opportunities. To think that next year is just going to be another great year and we will be better is naive. Anything bad could happen. The NFC was actually there for the taking this year. It was a major blown opportunity. Unless you are the Patriots, the Cowboys will not get a better opportunity then the one they had this year. They blew it.

The Falcons got to Rogers. The Patriots got to Ben. The teams with the better defenses are in the SB.
I think the two best overall teams are playing in the Super Bowl.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the two best overall teams are playing in the Super Bowl.

The cowboys could have beaten or played with either of them in my opinion. And lets not forget that Atlanta would have had to come to Dallas. They are not as good on the road.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There isn't much to be added. This season wasn't a failure to me. It at least gave some hope for the future. Thats been missing for years.

How are we ever going to beat the Bellicheks and the Brady's of the world with no pass rush and Garrett as our head coach?