25 years, let it go

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have. At it's heart he's a miserable little whiny nancyboy who takes great joy in bashing anyone who says anything he perceives as not what he thinks they should say. He has absolutely no empathy or self awareness and his thoughts don't go beyond searching the boards for any post by a poster that he can find any reason whatsoever to attempt to demean and defile.

Need some more?

You looking for a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Wasn't that the Kevin Sweeney year? I absolutely adored watching his exuberant play.
Indeed it was! That team was known as the “Rhinestone Cowboys”.

When White was forced to cross the line, Landry let him stay on the bench to protect him from the scorn and enmity that was bubbling. Being the “Scab QB” was going to be too much to bear for Danny. Sweeney got to carry that load :)

the tragedy of the whole thing was how Tex forced several of the big name starters to cross the line by threatening to cancel their future contract annuities.

Once they crossed the lines it created a huge rift between those who crossed and those who didnt.

when the strike ended and the team was joined together, Landry never brought everyone together and never encouraged or required that the team work through their problems. The spirit of the teM was forever broken and they went on to lose like 80% of their games over the next two years.

A team that was considered a super bowl contender at the beginning of the season was broken.

Players have said since that the failure to make efforts to heal the divisiveness in the locker room seemed crazy at the time.

A lost opportunity because we still had some tremendous players on that team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t know about that, and everyone is welcome to their opinion about Garrett, one way or the other, but the comment calling him Fat Mike is childish not matter how one feels about him as a coach

History has a way of proving certain opinions wrong and others right.

my point is he never said anything bad about Garrett. But already he isn’t giving MM a chance. Proves his biased love for Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
History has a way of proving certain opinions wrong and others right.

my point is he never said anything bad about Garrett. But already he isn’t giving MM a chance. Proves his biased love for Garrett.
I criticized Garrett on numerous occasions over the years with his Game Day flaws and Puppetry. I truly thought he was the best Puppet we’ve had but not a great HC. You simply either haven’t read all of my post are just summarizing because I defended him on many fronts .

And why can’t I take on Fat Mikey. Everyone thinks he’s our Savior. It’s hilarious. Fans are so desperate for hope. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
It's like some kind of a cross some drag around, a curse, the last 25 years of futility overshadows everything and becomes the response to optimism and positivity.

With not enough changes in coaching, I can buy the malaise that set in but this is almost an entirely new coaching staff and picked by the new HC.

There are signs of change already here with the GM, seemingly, granting this HC more room and that seemed to be the course he wanted by wanting only a NFL proven HC.

The NFL is a year to year thing, look at the Niners, they weren't picked to win their own division, let alone the conference.

There is nothing to carry forward. The players have a clean slate with the coaches and even if the guy you wanted didn't get picked, why pick on this guy? The man has proven he can coach and he had a year off to reflect and take a good hard look at what his part might have been in the breakdown in GB. A man out to prove something is a most serious man to watch,

Big Mike had no part of those past 25 years, except maybe to kick us out of the playoffs, so he comes in with no baggage.

Life is hard, me buckos, take happiness when it's available. Instead of expecting him to fail, expect him to succeed and let the performance be the proof. This team is more talented than 8-8, we know it and he knows it. Let's let this unfold and play out and maybe those 25 years just become a fading memory.

Agree! 2020 was a crossroads for Jerry and he made the right decision. Am I happy with the last 25 years? Just the opposite, but any turnaround has to begin somewhere. For the first time in awhile he’s doing the right thing!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m going to go with astute... but that’s mainly because I think the same thing, and I feel very astute.

Honestly, I think Jerry is still involved but to a much smaller degree than he was ten or fifteen years ago. Essentially, I think Stephen is assuming power in small increments, with every season seeing him more and more in charge, and Jerry increasingly stepping aside.
Until Jerry is dead or strapped to a bed he’s still involved. Stephens not going to assume the same role his daddy has.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That being said, I don't get all of the negativity with the McCarthy hire given we've seen some changes that we complained about for years. We should at least give the guy a chance before dropping bombs on him. :)

I'm hopeful but not excited. I'm willing to see what he can do. I'm still wary of meddling from the front office, but there have been positives we haven't seen much in the recent past.
All I did was place the pressure to win now. Unless you think this hire was to build for the future?

Are fans simply going to be pleased with similar results because we have a better HC?

When the results come in more favorable then I’ll provide my accolades.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have. At it's heart he's a miserable little whiny nancyboy who takes great joy in bashing anyone who says anything he perceives as not what he thinks they should say. He has absolutely no empathy or self awareness and his thoughts don't go beyond searching the boards for any post by a poster that he can find any reason whatsoever to attempt to demean and defile.

Need some more?
And you deserve every bit of criticism I give you. You reap what you sow.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I criticized Garrett on numerous occasions over the years with his Game Day flaws and Puppetry. I truly thought he was the best Puppet we’ve had but not a great HC. You simply either haven’t read all of my post are just summarizing because I defended him on many fronts .

And why can’t I take on Fat Mikey. Everyone thinks he’s our Savior. It’s hilarious. Fans are so desperate for hope. lol

"Garrett is the perfect puppet"

How did that prediction work out for you? LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Garrett is the perfect puppet"

How did that prediction work out for you? LOL
It wasn’t a prediction. it was an opinion and perspective of our hopeless situation with Puppet coaching as a mockery of Jerry ways.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasn’t a prediction. it was an opinion and perspective of our hopeless situation with Puppet coaching as a mockery of Jerry ways.

Obviously it wasn't hopeless as the VERY next coach Jerry hired MM and gave him the powers to hire his own staff.

ANOTHER BAD prediction you were dead wrong about.