25 years of frustration "I get it" But

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn't see it with Parcells Era which makes me lean heavier with JGeezy not that Jerry is without blame.
It was here heavily during Wade. Not really sure how you could miss it, to tell the truth.

fivetwos

Reaction score
So does that mean the Cowboys have no chance going forward? I don’t get it. Seems like a Debbie Downer statement. One of which we have way to many of. So past performance dictates future success? Jeez, even the mods are going downhill here.
Without trying to be confrontational, its tough to convince the masses to smile upon repeated bad results.

As far as hope, I'd say everyone who is as good enough of a fan to hang around here has plenty of it.

As you well know, I bash Jerry constantly because I dont agree with how he wants to run things. I'd look awful foolish if the results were there.

Regardless, every season, I manage to convince myself that things are headed in the right direction and just maybe the current plan is the right formula.

I'm just getting a little tired of being Charlie Brown by now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Without trying to be confrontational, its tough to convince the masses to smile upon repeated bad results.

As far as hope, I'd say everyone who is as good enough of a fan to hang around here has plenty of it.

As you well know, I bash Jerry constantly because I dont agree with how he wants to run things. I'd look awful foolish if the results were there.

Regardless, every season, I manage to convince myself that things are headed in the right direction and just maybe the current plan is the right formula.

I'm just getting a little tired of being Charlie Brown by now.
:muttley:Ok my man

rambo2

Reaction score
Im not sure what you guys expect. I mean i would have like Tomlinson or possibly a corner of high value or even a LB. I am not sure that the cowboys hands off approach is very good but barring a few of these guys these free agents cant be that big of an upgrade or they would have been signed by their respective teams.

I know alot of people want to target Dak as the reason but that's hogwash. The cowboys have very rarely been big players in FA. The only way I see to make a major upgrade with active NFL players is make a trade happen and even at that if the players is that much better than we already got then its going to cost you some draft capital.

I know its the same thing that gets said every year is Im waiting to see the on field product. Then evaluate why. Our failures over 25 years have been because of a variety of different reasons and its not always the same reasons every year.

Well maybe you can point tp jethro and and his son but beyond that reasons are varied.
What gets me is that 12 teams have never won the Super Bowl and the Cowboys have won 5 and went to 3 others and these cry baby fans cry about 25 years. It took the Chiefs 50 years to win their 2nd. It isn't easy to win a Super Bowl.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What gets me is that 12 teams have never won the Super Bowl and the Cowboys have won 5 and went to 3 others and these cry baby fans cry about 25 years. It took the Chiefs 50 years to win their 2nd. It isn't easy to win a Super Bowl.
I'm asking for a DIVISIONAL ROUND win, not a SB win.

25 years.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I know what the OP said in the original post but there is no other answer that owner and front office screw-ups. Crap rolls down hill.

Look, I grew up watching the team in the Landry/Schramm/Brandt era. There was none of this comedy of screw-ups some want to blame on just bad luck. The answer to this team's problem for 25 years is management . I'll never forget Jerry Jones saying any of 500 coaches could coach the Cowboys. Ego/pride/ignorance on parade.

We can blame it on culture and that's true but it takes men of steel to mold the culture and this team doesn't have that. This team is a rudderless ship.

I'm getting older ... I want to see some championships before I cash in my chips and all I see is screwed up Jones every time I look at this team. Proof is in the pudding.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Come on sir, they don't want to win a SB. To make it even more real, they don't care to even compete for a SB. They are what we would call (a school example) kids who had no motivation to work hard because they have the silver spoon in their mouth.
They have the history of 3 SB's, Jerry wants to only win if he is personally responsible. No one else can get the credit. To this day this insane man will not give Jimmy credit for what he did.
I think Bill Walsh said.. you are really only competing for 7-8 teams a year who are trying to win a SB.

I agree that Jerry does not know how to win or even make a run at winning. In all honesty winning a SB for Jerry Jones is like George Washington knowing what a Apple Iphone 12 max is. Jerry just wants to stay relevant. He does not want the team to go 3-13 and be flexed out of prime time games, he wants them to be in the conversation.
I standby statement that winning a SB is not even in the top 10 of what he wants to accomplish every year. He has been there done that. The team has endless demand because the league continues to grow, the gap between the NFL and other leagues is cavernous.
MLB is done as a national past time. Local fans care about their team, no real nationwide passion. That era is over.
The NBA is more innovative but will never have the mass appeal of the NFL. There are many social and race related reasons why.. will not broach that subject as we are not allowed to have difficult conversations on this board.
NHL... enough said
Live sports, especially the NFL is what all the networks are about.

Jerry is the fat cat of the league, the other owners like him because let him be the bad brash guy. He has done good in the 90's with all the maverick individual team deals and licensing. If he ever gets caught up in any off putting behavior or something stupid the would ban him in an instant. He is the useful idiot of the league.
Again I am ranting.. Jerry's legacy is set in stone, HOF'r, 3 SB's, money means nothing to him.
Stay on the front page, if by some miracle a Patrick Mahomes falls in our lap we will compete for a SB, otherwise go about your business as usual. Every year just be .500 and move on.
I see your point, but I think your wrong that jerry and jerry jr dont care about winning and being a winning team, and going to a SB.
Take a look at them in their booth when they are winning and when they are losing.
That shows, that they want to win games and get to playoffs, and win in playoffs, they are just too inept to get it done.

Jerry doesnt give jimmy OR the defense back then any credit, for those SB's , and many fans just forgot about that defense and all the credit
went to the frikking triplets, who helped, but the defense and OL, and ST's made all that happen more than the triplets did.

Jerry is trying to recreate that triplett offense, has been for years, even has his # 88 lol.
but they do want desperately to win. And they want to do it their way by themselves.
They dont value coaching or defense, so we have the teams we have seen for many years now.

Right now our main problem isnt the FA moves, or the dak contract, or the draft, it is the bad coaches jerry has hired, MM sucks, so does kellen,
and Quinn, I have to wait and see how he does.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm asking for a DIVISIONAL ROUND win, not a SB win.

25 years.
In the last 12 seasons, 13 NFC teams have played in the NFC Championship game at least once:
Bears, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Eagles, Giants, Panthers, Rams - once each
Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Vikings - twice each
Forty-Miners - 4 times
Packers - 5 times
Lions, Football Team, Cowboys...no appearances in that time span

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Im not sure what you guys expect. I mean i would have like Tomlinson or possibly a corner of high value or even a LB. I am not sure that the cowboys hands off approach is very good but barring a few of these guys these free agents cant be that big of an upgrade or they would have been signed by their respective teams.

I know alot of people want to target Dak as the reason but that's hogwash. The cowboys have very rarely been big players in FA. The only way I see to make a major upgrade with active NFL players is make a trade happen and even at that if the players is that much better than we already got then its going to cost you some draft capital.

I know its the same thing that gets said every year is Im waiting to see the on field product. Then evaluate why. Our failures over 25 years have been because of a variety of different reasons and its not always the same reasons every year.

Well maybe you can point tp jethro and and his son but beyond that reasons are varied.

Your reasoning of if the free agents the Cowboys sign were any good their previous team would resign them can be said about EVERY free agent out there. Even players who has been top tier players but now are free agents because their teams just couldn't justify paying those players what they think they're worth. There are reasons why EVERY player who is a free agent is a free agent. Yes everyone wishes the Cowboys had All Pro's at every position but no team can afford that so they sign what they can with what cap space they have. The Cowboys aren't just one player away from going all the way so to blow what cap space they have on a single top player and not be able to address some of the other needs isn't going to get them any closer to a championship.

rambo2

Reaction score
In the last 12 seasons, 13 NFC teams have played in the NFC Championship game at least once:
Bears, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Eagles, Giants, Panthers, Rams - once each
Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Vikings - twice each
Forty-Miners - 4 times
Packers - 5 times
Lions, Football Team, Cowboys...no appearances in that time span
So what? 6 years ago they could have just as easily beat the Packers if Murray doesn't fumble and Dez holds on to the ball. 3 years ago they lost to the Rams by 8 points playing with 3 dlinemen that needed surgery. They could have just as easily won a game with a little better luck. How many years did the Chiefs go before they won it all? 50 years maybe.

Motorola

Reaction score
So what? 6 years ago they could have just as easily beat the Packers if Murray doesn't fumble and Dez holds on to the ball. 3 years ago they lost to the Rams by 8 points playing with 3 dlinemen that needed surgery. They could have just as easily won a game with a little better luck. How many years did the Chiefs go before they won it all? 50 years maybe.
But the Chiefs have been a consistent playoff team for a while - 7 out of the last 8 years, 6 straight postseason berths....and now they are rolling - three straight AFC Championship games resulting in two AFC titles (an offsides penalty away from 3 straight) two consecutive Super Bowl appearances, one NFL Championship.....the last decade has been pretty good in Kansas City.

rambo2

Reaction score
But the Chiefs have been a consistent playoff team for a while - 7 out of the last 8 years, 6 straight postseason berths....and now they are rolling - three straight AFC Championship games resulting in two AFC titles (an offsides penalty away from 3 straight) two consecutive Super Bowl appearances, one NFL Championship.....the last decade has been pretty good in Kansas City.
They didn't roll very well without the starting offensive tackles that they now have to replace.

Motorola

Reaction score
They didn't roll very well without the starting offensive tackles that they now have to replace.
Don't doubt that GM Veach and HC Reid will get that O line back to top notch.
It's time for the Cowboys to get to that level.

rambo2

Reaction score
Don't doubt that GM Veach and HC Reid will get that O line back to top notch.
It's time for the Cowboys to get to that level.
It will take some luck, but with their qb signed and their 10 draft picks, they have a shot. A trade back from 10 would give them 6 picks in the top 99. They will have at least 4 picks in the top 99. They need to get lucky and hit on these picks. Get younger with young stars under 1st contracts, get healthier, and get better.

Plankton

Reaction score
If you begin a take saying that "you get it, but...", then you clearly don't get it.