1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints, what happened?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5 Well-Known Member

4,848 Messages
    5,068 Likes Received
    I am sure the excuse train will be arriving soon to unload all of the reasons why they got their asssssses handed to them.

"We will work on that in the offseason and will get better"

"We will watch the tape and see where it went wrong"

"We are committed to get better. We can play better. We just didn't play our best."

Sound familiar?

2. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,559 Messages
    16,101 Likes Received
    HOTDUDS

3. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

17,921 Messages
    20,603 Likes Received
    we got shoved around for 4Qtrs.
    I don't know what surprised me more....being gutted on the ground or not being able to get pressure on goff.
    hopefully in the draft we address the 1T spot...and work on tackling.

4. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

3,935 Messages
    4,992 Likes Received
    Why blame Richard for the lack of talent Marinelli has piled up on the defensive line?

5. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

3,935 Messages
    4,992 Likes Received
    Yep, a real fat lane clogging tackle, but we won't get that until Marinelli is gone.

stasheroo likes this.
  6. iamliko22

iamliko22 Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    crazy that if Id have a chance before game to bet what blew it.. id have thought it was the D that showed up..... I wouldve been wrong.. IDK what the problem is .... I dont feel bad though.. seems a billionaire cant figure it out either.

7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    The "Hot Boyz" are the **** Boyz.

8. windjc

windjc Well-Known Member

2,867 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    I was at the game. LA froze the linebackers with misdirections just like they do everyone and it worked. But LVE and others in the defensive were on their heels the entire game.

The front 4 generated no pressures or wins. You have to win at the point if attack and Dallas did not.

The Rams were the better team today.

9. Soth

Soth Well-Known Member

552 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    I agree. I don't think it was due to some genius plan by McVay. All the Rams did was run it up the gut all night. Every run play our DTs were getting pushed around and driven back. I saw our DT's on the ground too often.

Something similar happened against the Colts. Our defense can't handle a talented physical offensive line + physical RB.

Roadtrip635 likes this.
  10. RayA

RayA Active Member

130 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Imagine the rotation with moving Woods to a 3 tech and getting a couple of real 1 techs. You could work with all kinds of combinations

11. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

14,426 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    Mcvay offense and misdirection. Run a lot of plays from the same look.

12. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    1,602 Likes Received
    The Rams Oline who have had the same 5 starters all season dominated the game!

13. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

886 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Or thinking about his new head coaching job...oh wait.

14. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

886 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    I think it validates the idea good defense or not, most games are won with the QB"s arm.

15. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo Zone Supporter

8,899 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Choking is when you blow a big lead or fall to an inferior opponent. I saw neither happen last night.

16. AlienBoy

AlienBoy Well-Known Member

473 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    True, but it’s also a failure to show up and maintaining your performance in a highly important situation, just like our D did.

17. SuspectCorner

8,899 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Historically, playoff byes and the rest they provide are a BIG advantage.

18. SuspectCorner

8,899 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Saints game aside, which offensive juggernaut did the defense shut down? In retrospect, it appears Dallas caught the Saints snoozing. IOW, they may have feathered their war bonnet from victories over mediocre and sub-par opponents. That is NOT what they faced last night.

19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

30,331 Messages
    25,227 Likes Received
    We were simply:

1) not focused
    2) out coached...badly.

20. AlienBoy

AlienBoy Well-Known Member

473 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    Maybe it was all smoke and mirrors with that game making us think this team was better than it was. Also seemed like the slippery field neautralized the d’s speed. We can blame whoever we want, but truth of the matter is, they were just better than the Cowboys on this night.