29.2 ppt versus 25.8

Nav22

Reaction score
Romo stans are intent on ruining all of the positive energy going on right now just to see their boy start again. Everybody should have jumped off that bandwagon after yesterday.
Romo's 15-4 since 2014, and there's no doubt in anyone's mind that we'd be at least 4-1 this season if Romo was playing.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dak is playing incredibly, but with a similar running attack in 2014 Romo generated 3.5 more points per game. It's also worth noting that 5 weeks in we have 1 win against a winning team and two wins against 1-4 teams.

When Romo is fully healthy he will be back in. If he gets hurt again then Dak is ready, and even better we don't have to think about drafting a QB for another 10 years. That's pretty amazing.

After 2017 Romo may well be gone. I would love for him to win a Super Bowl, but if we don't think of the money we can spend on defense for 2 years without a huge QB salary. That could be our best window since the 90's.

You do realize Romo had a healthy oline and Dez for the first five right?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
WAKE UP! Its not 2014 ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo is older, suffered another injury....developed rust....and did not look THAT great in 2015!!!!!

Exactly. That's what I don't understand. I was listening to the radio just now and they made the point that the last time Romo played well Peyton Manning was also playing well. Literally every analyst I saw on ESPN this morning said Dak should remain the starter. Of course Jerry and Jason are the only ones that matter but I hate to see them mess with a good thing.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The 2014 offense's edge in points is the result of having about an extra possession and a half per game, due to takeaways and faster pace.

Drives per game
2014 10.6
2016 9.2

Points per drive
2014 2.62
2016 2.80

% of opp drives ending in turnovers
2014 17.3
2016 9.1

Also, the quality of defenses on the schedule is about the same, according to Football Outsiders. In 2014, we played the 21st-hardest schedule of defenses. Going into yesterday, we'd played the 24th-hardest, with the Bengals' defensive DVOA ranking 17th.

Boom!

Proof

Reaction score
WAKE UP! Its not 2014 ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo is older, suffered another injury....developed rust....and did not look THAT great in 2015!!!!!

lol it's also not 2015 anymore. Chill out.

Dak looks great and I look forward to his Cowboy career. If it's his team from right now I'm excited.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Romo stans are intent on ruining all of the positive energy going on right now just to see their boy start again. Everybody should have jumped off that bandwagon after yesterday.
I mean heck, even I've long since moved on and know Dak is the way to go. lol

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The 2014 offense's edge in points is the result of having about an extra possession and a half per game, due to takeaways and faster pace.

Drives per game
2014 10.6
2016 9.2

Points per drive
2014 2.62
2016 2.80

2014 17.3
2016 9.1

Also, the quality of defenses on the schedule is about the same, according to Football Outsiders. In 2014, we played the 21st-hardest schedule of defenses. Going into yesterday, we'd played the 24th-hardest, with the Bengals' defensive DVOA ranking 7th.

Wow, that is some impressive research! Well done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo is a better QB, that is only questioned by emotional trainwrecks. Not by sane people.

I know that Romo is a more skilled passer but I think Dak does things that make this offense hard to stop that Romo doesn't do well.

The screen game, boot legs, play action, and making defenses play honest are things Dak excels at and might even do better than Romo.

If we're down in a game give me Romo all day but if we have a lead give me Dak.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Romo had Dez and Tyron for those first five games of 2014.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Drives per game
2014 10.6
2016 9.2

Points per drive
2014 2.62
2016 2.80

2014 17.3
2016 9.1

Also, the quality of defenses on the schedule is about the same, according to Football Outsiders. In 2014, we played the 21st-hardest schedule of defenses. Going into yesterday, we'd played the 24th-hardest, with the Bengals' defensive DVOA ranking 7th.

So...if Romo's still Romo, we've got two good QBs?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The defense and running game won that game for us yesterday.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Think about what you just said and ask yourself what Romo did for you to even bring that up. The last time Romo was healthy all season, the Cowboys were 12-4 and Romo lead the entire league in QBR rating by over a full 5 points. (Aaron Rodgers in 2nd place at 77.4 to Romo in 1st at 82.62)

Why do you all think people have it personally out to get Romo?
Romo is a better quarterback for the Cowboys. But that doesn't mean he's the better fit now.
Right now, Dak gives us an element that Romo doesn't, namely the threat of a run.
Did you see the 60-yard run by Zeke? That was possible because of Dak as well as the offensive line.
Romo will restore the deep throw to this offense and is more savvy. But we haven't needed that yet.

Stop being so sensitive because some fans believe Dak should continue playing if we continue winning.

I think it's more likely that you're overthinking the situation because the emotion of what's happening on the field is blurring your logic. The league is still learning who Dak is. Don't even think for a second that his tough times aren't coming, because they are. They do for all young QBs.

And the league has a book on Romo too. Hit him. Chase him out of the pocket. And drive him to the ground.

Mentally Romo is one of the best QBs in the league. To push him aside because of a rookie after 5 after is nuts.

Yes, he is. Physically, however, he is not. That's the part that concerns us all.