29.2 ppt versus 25.8

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Romo of years past or are you talking about the guy that struggled last year because Dak has that guy beat hands down

Romo had 1 game last year where he was healthy, and he was very good.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The most cogent articles I've seen on this say that Romo is the better QB but the team has momentum with Dak and the team is bought in. What is the best that you can hope for by bringing Romo back in? He would win the same games? We might be 5-0 because Dak was a rookie playing in his first game and didn't get TD's. But how many times has our offense done that against the giants with Romo? I love Romo (see my avatar) but why take the risk of messing up what is working. I say keep Dak in until he hits a speed bump. Then we have a healthy Romo that can come in and compete for a championship. If Dak wins the SuperBowl and Romo never gets back in, then sobeit. That would be an awesome problem to have. I just wouldn't risk messing with our momentum until it breaks.

That is the only reason why they are waiting until after the bye. A far worse problem would be for Dak hit a rookie wall and struggle after week 12 or so and then try and have Romo getting his legs under him going into the playoffs. I guess playoffs is a big assumption but Romo or Dak (either one) I think this is a playoff team.

weaver21

Reaction score
Where's this nonsense coming from that Romo played bad last year? He played excellent against the Giants and was playing solid against the Eagles before he got hurt. He got rushed back by the team and he clearly wasn't ready which affected his play against Miami and Carolina. People can make all the cases they want for Dak to remain the starter and even myself I'm starting to lean towards that way, but don't spew crap about Romo struggling last year because it's simply not true.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
WAKE UP! Its not 2014 ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo is older, suffered another injury....developed rust....and did not look THAT great in 2015!!!!!
Pretty much. He's missed considerable time since 2014. He's only played 4 games since then and was knocked out of one of them.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Would any of you say the game plans are distinctly different from Romo to Dak?

If so, how does that come into play?

Dak is reading defenses, he is finding second and third receivers. So much so it keeps all the receivers interested because they might get the ball.

He has demonstrated he can look off a safety and complete a pass.

The one issue that is still a question mark is can Dak beat the better teams?

Romo does everything above, but with his string of injuries, are we certain he can do those things now?

The aspect that might be of concern is this. Let's say Romo plays rusty and doesn't seem to be able to lead the team early in his return. Perhaps errant throws and such.

How do you change the game plan because they operate differently and relive Romo?

I do not know how this will turn out for Romo. I am hoping for the best. But at some point Father Time will plays a hand in the Romo card game. I don't believe there is anyone on this site who knows if that is now or next month, or next year.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
When Romo is healthy you can't not at least give him the chance to take the offense back. He's earned that IMO. But Dez is right: Dak is the truth.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Romo stans are intent on ruining all of the positive energy going on right now just to see their boy start again. Everybody should have jumped off that bandwagon after yesterday.

Agree 100%. This place is amazing man. The better Dak plays, the more "romo stans" get upset and call for romo. Can't make this stuff up.

Swanny

Reaction score
Romo is a better QB, that is only questioned by emotional trainwrecks. Not by sane people.
Romo is the better QB I agree with this. But you don't mess with what's working. I really think you screw up the chemistry with taking Dak out of the game. To me the biggest thing that I would worry about is messing up the chemistry that Linehan has figured out for this offense led by Dak. I was team Romo until this Bengals game. Romo is the better QB but this TEAM is better with Dak. Until that changes Dak SHOULD stay the starter.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Dak is playing incredibly, but with a similar running attack in 2014 Romo generated 3.5 more points per game. It's also worth noting that 5 weeks in we have 1 win against a winning team and two wins against 1-4 teams.

When Romo is fully healthy he will be back in. If he gets hurt again then Dak is ready, and even better we don't have to think about drafting a QB for another 10 years. That's pretty amazing.

After 2017 Romo may well be gone. I would love for him to win a Super Bowl, but if we don't think of the money we can spend on defense for 2 years without a huge QB salary. That could be our best window since the 90's.

I would love for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl regardless of who is playing Qb

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Romo of years past or are you talking about the guy that struggled last year because Dak has that guy beat hands down

this narrative that romo struggled last year is based on what exactly? The game against carolina? The guy was still injured and playing on a short week which included traveling and getting hit nearly every play against a pretty good miami defense, in which he won the game on a TD to dez.

He along with almost every qb struggled against carolina. Had he not been in a short week and coming off an injury I am sure he would be fine.

as far as the giants and eagles games I don't get how he played bad, because of interceptions against NY? Ok, did you watch the fourth quarter of that game? The eagles game? They took a td pass to escobar off the board that made no sense and we kicked a field goal. They called 15 penalties on us that day and most were on our line. He played two quarters, he had the lead, Had a td screwed up by the officials and a huge 3rd down pass down the sideline which would have setup more points dropped by dunbar.

Had Romo been healthy and playing with this current group on offense he would be just fine.

the narrative on Romo has all of a sudden turned into he throws interceptions every play, isn't smart, can't get hit and screws up the offense because he makes changes at the line.

crazy stuff.

Craig

Reaction score
Romo has been the teams quarterback for a decade. What is this talk about chemistry? There is 1 argument and 1 argument only for Prescott: Romo wont be healthy. Health aside, Romo is better. Chemistry arguments are silly.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this narrative that romo struggled last year is based on what exactly? The game against carolina? The guy was still injured and playing on a short week which included traveling and getting hit nearly every play against a pretty good miami defense, in which he won the game on a TD to dez.

He along with almost every qb struggled against carolina. Had he not been in a short week and coming off an injury I am sure he would be fine.

as far as the giants and eagles games I don't get how he played bad, because of interceptions against NY? Ok, did you watch the fourth quarter of that game? The eagles game? They took a td pass to escobar off the board that made no sense and we kicked a field goal. They called 15 penalties on us that day and most were on our line. He played two quarters, he had the lead, Had a td screwed up by the officials and a huge 3rd down pass down the sideline which would have setup more points dropped by dunbar.

Had Romo been healthy and playing with this current group on offense he would be just fine.

the narrative on Romo has all of a sudden turned into he throws interceptions every play, isn't smart, can't get hit and screws up the offense because he makes changes at the line.

crazy stuff.
Well he threw seven picks last year and I don't think it was all in one game but I'll have to check the facts on that

But it's more than that it's on all the 3rd and 8 when Romo throws a 5-yard pass the receiver gets tackled immediately and it's Fourth Down how it goes down as a completion in the stat book so it looks great on paper but that's not what you're getting from Dak capiche

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Well he threw seven picks last year and I don't think it was all in one game but I'll have to check the facts on that

three were the carolina game, which is the only game he looked like he was struggling to get through the game just like the niners game in 14.

he got the hell beat out of him against the dolphins three days before.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol

panties = in a wad.

How would any of you know who is a better fit right now? Because we are 4-1? With Romo we very well could be 5-0. I promise you. Without the running game, Dak would be roadkill.

Do you ever think the Pats would say they have a better fit for a QB than Brady?

Please, get off the crackpipe.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Its about who's best for this team. Not to mention we have no idea what Romo is at this point. We're praying he's 2014 Romo but there's no proof he is.

Yep, again. Lets throw the baby out with the bath water.