2nd and 3 on the 23 yardline

rambo2

Reaction score
We get a nice run. 2nd and 3 on the 23 yard line. 2 minutes to go bogus tripping call on Cowboys and we go to 1st and 25 and all we hear is the Lions got robbed from their crybaby fans.

I hope that the Lions get knocked out by the Rams in the 1st round or lose badly to the Cowboys in the 2nd round

starman22

Reaction score
We get a nice run. 2nd and 3 on the 23 yard line. 2 minutes to go bogus tripping call on Cowboys and we go to 1st and 25 and all we hear is the Lions got robbed from their crybaby fans.

I hope that the Lions get knocked out by the Rams in the 1st round or lose badly to the Cowboys in the 2nd round
It's really getting old, that is the only headline you see is that the Lions got jobbed. That play should never have happened.
That being said, we probably should have ran more time off the clock anyway, and our defense could have at least tried to slow down the passes they knew were coming.

Adiba1977

Reaction score

We might be getting rams

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Our fan base would've reacted the same way in their shoes. The tripping call was a joke, though. They should've never even had the ball again.
Wrong again. We’d realize the joke tripping call put us in that position.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I to this day still haven't seen a replay of this call, does anyone have the video???????????

Creeper

Reaction score
To me, the tripping call was the worst and biggest call in the game. Nothing compares to that call. The 2 pt conversion penalty was a legitimate penalty that was called at the worst time for the Lions. But at least that penalty was earned. Plus that 5 yards was negated by Micah's offsides on the next play so they had a second chance to get the 2 pot conversion from that spot and they failed.

The tripping was a ridiculous call. How could a ref make that mistake watching the play unfold live from about 15 feet away? Why didn't the other refs correct the call or at least pickup the flag? Why didn't the booth call down and tell them they got that call wrong? After that call, was the 2 minute warning. The booth had plenty of time to look the play over and call the refs on the field to tell them the Lions were the ones that attempted to trip a player. Even if they just pick up the flag and give teh Cowboys the ball with a 2nd and 3 from the 22, the game is very different. All the refs were asleep at the wheel.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think that the reason they didn't show the replay of the tripping call was because of the commercial break. However, it was odd that they didn't show it because it was so obvious that there was no penalty. They usually show all of those.

Mcsports

Reaction score
To me, the tripping call was the worst and biggest call in the game. Nothing compares to that call. The 2 pt conversion penalty was a legitimate penalty that was called at the worst time for the Lions. But at least that penalty was earned. Plus that 5 yards was negated by Micah's offsides on the next play so they had a second chance to get the 2 pot conversion from that spot and they failed.

The tripping was a ridiculous call. How could a ref make that mistake watching the play unfold live from about 15 feet away? Why didn't the other refs correct the call or at least pickup the flag? Why didn't the booth call down and tell them they got that call wrong? After that call, was the 2 minute warning. The booth had plenty of time to look the play over and call the refs on the field to tell them the Lions were the ones that attempted to trip a player. Even if they just pick up the flag and give teh Cowboys the ball with a 2nd and 3 from the 22, the game is very different. All the refs were asleep at the wheel.
Yes all valid points. They had plenty of time to watch it over the commercial break.
It was odd that the commentators did not show a replay or mention that it was invalid.

Aven8

Reaction score

Not only the refs but ESPN! I went back to rewatch the 4th quarter a few days ago and they went straight to commercial and never mentioned anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score

there were so many penalties not called in the lions game that they have no reason to be crying they had a gift given to them and instead of tying the game they went for two that's their own problem... That was a totally bad decision especially when he got three chances to change his mind... So yeah there was the phantom tripping call that it had not been called it should have been called on the right player but I'd have preferred no call not having the clock stop and let us eat and milk the clock and we would have ran the time down but there was also the face mask on Tony Pollard there was also three no calls once again on holds on Parsons etcetera etcetera all game the refs made mistakes so they have no right to be crying right now..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We might be getting rams
Rams, Seattle or Green Bay are all good teams. Green Bay undressed Detroit on Thanksgiving and destroyed an improved Minnesota defense last Sunday night. I will take my chances at home against those three then go on the road to Tampa or New Orleans with San Francisco waiting for you.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not only the refs but ESPN! I went back to rewatch the 4th quarter a few days ago and they went straight to commercial and never mentioned anything.
I saw that too. ESPN never reviewed the play, which I thought was unusual because they have people watching the replays to pick up that stuff and relay back to the announcers in the booth. Everyone was asleep but that was a hugely significant play. In fact, if that penalty was not called, My guess is MM never calls another pass play. The Cowboys had a great chance of getting the first down and ending the game. It is shocking to me this penalty has not been talked about more.

Aven8

Reaction score
I saw that too. ESPN never reviewed the play, which I thought was unusual because they have people watching the replays to pick up that stuff and relay back to the announcers in the booth. Everyone was asleep but that was a hugely significant play. In fact, if that penalty was not called, My guess is MM never calls another pass play. The Cowboys had a great chance of getting the first down and ending the game. It is shocking to me this penalty has not been talked about more.
Poor Hendershot as well. Kid was cussed out all over America

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Cry babies gonna cry.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's really getting old, that is the only headline you see is that the Lions got jobbed. That play should never have happened.
That being said, we probably should have ran more time off the clock anyway, and our defense could have at least tried to slow down the passes they knew were coming.
you know i was listening to the fan this morning 105.3 here by dallas and mccarthy was on and basically doubled down on throwing the ball. Basically saying Im a dumbarse if Im agressive Im a ******* if not agressive so he basically supported the play saying that it was stepping on theit throat if successful. And I agree on the swiss cheese defense.

Situational awareness is your friend Mike!!

DripTooHard

Reaction score
ESPN has their own gambling platform, ESPN Bet. Suddenly the Lions cover by end of the game. That is all I need to know. I am also suspicious of the Seattle game earlier this season on Amazon Prime. Where is Amazon headquarters? In Seattle?

When the networks pony up for game broadcast rights, do they have input on how the games are called? It does make you wonder.