2nd and 3 on the 23 yardline

silvernblu

Reaction score
also, even if we don't get a first down at the 23. getting pushed to 45 yard line cost us 3 points. then its 23-13 and game is out of reach. they took points away from us and put them in a position to steal the game away
It was 17-13. We ended up getting the FG.

Thomas82

Reaction score
It's really getting old, that is the only headline you see is that the Lions got jobbed. That play should never have happened.
That being said, we probably should have ran more time off the clock anyway, and our defense could have at least tried to slow down the passes they knew were coming.
Yeah, and if nothing else, make the Lions burn their timeouts.

Thomas82

Reaction score
To me, the tripping call was the worst and biggest call in the game. Nothing compares to that call. The 2 pt conversion penalty was a legitimate penalty that was called at the worst time for the Lions. But at least that penalty was earned. Plus that 5 yards was negated by Micah's offsides on the next play so they had a second chance to get the 2 pot conversion from that spot and they failed.

The tripping was a ridiculous call. How could a ref make that mistake watching the play unfold live from about 15 feet away? Why didn't the other refs correct the call or at least pickup the flag? Why didn't the booth call down and tell them they got that call wrong? After that call, was the 2 minute warning. The booth had plenty of time to look the play over and call the refs on the field to tell them the Lions were the ones that attempted to trip a player. Even if they just pick up the flag and give teh Cowboys the ball with a 2nd and 3 from the 22, the game is very different. All the refs were asleep at the wheel.
I couldn't have said this better.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
To me, the tripping call was the worst and biggest call in the game. Nothing compares to that call. The 2 pt conversion penalty was a legitimate penalty that was called at the worst time for the Lions. But at least that penalty was earned. Plus that 5 yards was negated by Micah's offsides on the next play so they had a second chance to get the 2 pot conversion from that spot and they failed.

The tripping was a ridiculous call. How could a ref make that mistake watching the play unfold live from about 15 feet away? Why didn't the other refs correct the call or at least pickup the flag? Why didn't the booth call down and tell them they got that call wrong? After that call, was the 2 minute warning. The booth had plenty of time to look the play over and call the refs on the field to tell them the Lions were the ones that attempted to trip a player. Even if they just pick up the flag and give teh Cowboys the ball with a 2nd and 3 from the 22, the game is very different. All the refs were asleep at the wheel.
Nah, that was a perfectly timed call. Refs and league office were determined to force the Cowboys to take a FG there and give the ball back to the Lions so that the Lions would cover the point spread. That is the only explanation I think of for not picking up the flag. The Cowboys were destined to get flagged on that drive and allow the Lions the final drive. Honestly when you combine the tripping call, Dak’s air mailed ball on 2nd and 14, and Quinn’s atrocious defensive calls, allowing the Lions to score, and then the 2 point conversion debacle, it makes you wonder if all of this is scripted. How do those 4 things happen so perfectly in a span of 2 minutes?

Creeper

Reaction score
Nah, that was a perfectly timed call. Refs and league office were determined to force the Cowboys to take a FG there and give the ball back to the Lions so that the Lions would cover the point spread. That is the only explanation I think of for not picking up the flag. The Cowboys were destined to get flagged on that drive and allow the Lions the final drive. Honestly when you combine the tripping call, Dak’s air mailed ball on 2nd and 14, and Quinn’s atrocious defensive calls, allowing the Lions to score, and then the 2 point conversion debacle, it makes you wonder if all of this is scripted. How do those 4 things happen so perfectly in a span of 2 minutes?
Quinn's porous defense on that last drive is not getting enough attention. La Porta caught one for 25 yards. That should not happen in that defense. It is exactly what that defense is supposed to prevent.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am going to try not to comment on this penalty anymore, but has anyone considered what might have happened had Campbell just kicked the extra point to tie the game with 23 seconds left?

The Lions probably squib kick burning more time off the clock giving Dallas the ball with under 20 seconds left. Even if they kick it out of the end zone they still only have 23. Most likely the game ends in a tie and now they go into overtime. I think Detroit had all the momentum at that point and would have won it in overtime. Of course there is no way of knowing. But Campbell, IMO is at fault for everything that happened at the end of the game and for Detroit losing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Something tells me teams wearing white or near white pants is not that uncommon. and even so, I can see that mistake on TV in 2 dimensions, but seeing it live? That just seems like a mistake the refs cannot make.
Why not just let challenges to be used for anything and everything?

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Something tells me teams wearing white or near white pants is not that uncommon. and even so, I can see that mistake on TV in 2 dimensions, but seeing it live? That just seems like a mistake the refs cannot make.
Hendershott wore white socks with the white pants and most other Cowboys players wore blue socks. I have questions for the equipment manager. Why wasn’t he wearing blue socks like rest of the team? This is the second gaffe in recent years for the equipment manager. The first one was Anthony Brown’s white gloves that contrasted well against the Raiders black jerseys, where he got flagged 4 times for PI. He should have been wearing black gloves.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not only is what you said valid but for their to be a tripping call someone has to be tripped. Nobody was tripped.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I am going to try not to comment on this penalty anymore, but has anyone considered what might have happened had Campbell just kicked the extra point to tie the game with 23 seconds left?

The Lions probably squib kick burning more time off the clock giving Dallas the ball with under 20 seconds left. Even if they kick it out of the end zone they still only have 23. Most likely the game ends in a tie and now they go into overtime. I think Detroit had all the momentum at that point and would have won it in overtime. Of course there is no way of knowing. But Campbell, IMO is at fault for everything that happened at the end of the game and for Detroit losing.
Aubrey claims he can kick 70 yarder. So they only needed to get to their own 47.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
I don’t want to defend the cowboys in public because how it makes me look… but geez the amount of “lions” fans who came out of the Woodwork or people who despise the cowboys after the win, was insane.

Do people understand how many things had to go right just for the lions to win that game. Not even getting into the tripping play that led up to it, but let’s start at the 2 point conversion.

Dallas already said 68 was uncovered by their defense because the refs didn’t declare him. So for that play to work, the ref would have had to declare 68 eligible, which he didn’t. (Why didn’t the lions do something about that?) let’s assume he did get declared after the 3 linemen walked to the ref, the next assumption for this play to work is Dallas gets confused and doesn’t hear on the loud speaker that 68 was eligible. Thats a huge assumption.

Then you have to assume, for the play to work correctly that 68 isn’t covered, which he wasn’t but then you have to assume it was because the Ref didn’t declare him. Then 68 has to catch the ball, which he does, but only because he wasn’t covered. All likely wouldn’t happen if the play was called correctly.

Now that’s the 1st attempt for them to win the game. Then they get gifted another retry from Parsons and their original yardage back after Goff threw the INt. Then the 3rd attempt no fouls and they could have won it with a better throw. Thats 3 attempts of when they could have won it. Not even going to get into the fact that cowboys could have got into fg range with automatic Aubrey with 23 seconds and a time out to maybe win the game afterwards, but hey that’s an assumption to.

Then to cap it off. The chances of wining were largely in their favor if they just kicked the ball. Does any one have confidence that Dak wouldn’t of stalled out the drive or that the lions would of just walked it down their again, and scored a td to end it?

Every Dallas hater wants to concentrate on the one play that doesn’t even Happen if called correctly (in my opinion)

I’m just over this week and that dumb ending. Cowboys been screwed so many times in that fashion and the lions are the victims here?

I’ll tell you what blows me away is, the fact that the lions tied their franchise season win total of 11 wins. Now that’s just sad!

Rant over !

Flamma

Reaction score
We get a nice run. 2nd and 3 on the 23 yard line. 2 minutes to go bogus tripping call on Cowboys and we go to 1st and 25 and all we hear is the Lions got robbed from their crybaby fans.

I hope that the Lions get knocked out by the Rams in the 1st round or lose badly to the Cowboys in the 2nd round
It's always the same with Detroit fans. They focus on the one thing that hurt them, and ignore everything else, just like they did back in 2014. They got robbed when our LB interfered with their receiver. But ignored the fistfull of facemask he had on our LB. Which is why the flag was picked up. Refs call PI on one player or the other, never both. Or if they ever did, it's extremely rare.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Detroit hasn’t won anything in the history of sports. Hard working people. If Dallas doesn’t do it, I wouldn’t be upset about Det.