2nd and 3 on the 23 yardline

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am going to try not to comment on this penalty anymore, but has anyone considered what might have happened had Campbell just kicked the extra point to tie the game with 23 seconds left?

The Lions probably squib kick burning more time off the clock giving Dallas the ball with under 20 seconds left. Even if they kick it out of the end zone they still only have 23. Most likely the game ends in a tie and now they go into overtime. I think Detroit had all the momentum at that point and would have won it in overtime. Of course there is no way of knowing. But Campbell, IMO is at fault for everything that happened at the end of the game and for Detroit losing.
Why isn't he being roasted?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nah, that was a perfectly timed call. Refs and league office were determined to force the Cowboys to take a FG there and give the ball back to the Lions so that the Lions would cover the point spread. That is the only explanation I think of for not picking up the flag. The Cowboys were destined to get flagged on that drive and allow the Lions the final drive. Honestly when you combine the tripping call, Dak’s air mailed ball on 2nd and 14, and Quinn’s atrocious defensive calls, allowing the Lions to score, and then the 2 point conversion debacle, it makes you wonder if all of this is scripted. How do those 4 things happen so perfectly in a span of 2 minutes?
The vast majority of the ref screw jobs occur on our last drive of any given game.

It doesn't matter if:
1) We are on offense trying to score late to win.
2) We are on offense trying to run the clock out to win.
3) We are on defense trying to get that last stop to win.

The VAST MAJORITY of the bogus calls and blatant non-calls happen in that situation. I'm sure you can think of several just off the top of your head as can most of us.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We get a nice run. 2nd and 3 on the 23 yard line. 2 minutes to go bogus tripping call on Cowboys and we go to 1st and 25 and all we hear is the Lions got robbed from their crybaby fans.

I hope that the Lions get knocked out by the Rams in the 1st round or lose badly to the Cowboys in the 2nd round
Be careful what you wish for we might get the rams round 1

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I've not yet seen a replay of that. The play definitely changed the course of the game.

As someone else here interestingly pointed-out - the fact that both teams were wearing white pants (not sure how unusual an occurrence that is?) might possibly have contributed to confusion in a sea of moving legs.
This doesn't fly either. Think about it - the ref called a penalty for an attempted trip of Tony Pollard, so how the hell did she conclude that is was another Cowboys player that was guilty? Plus, it isn't a penalty to trip your own player. That was a Vegas influence call.

rambo2

Reaction score
The NFL says NOTHING about the intentional whiff by Barnes on the sack for a safety that turned into the 92 yd touchdown pass, NOTHING about the Cowboys refusing to run out the clock before the last drive, and NOTHING about 80 percent of games ending in the last seconds and within 3 points.
All of the focus seems to be about a bad call, but it doesn't address the other issues that stink of a rigged game.
Lol, tell us about the fake moon landing.

coyboy

Reaction score
Detroit fans have been so annoying.
people-friends that knew my son and I went to the game which was phenomenal to be at with Jimmy ROH and just the game itself. My son also ran into a couple of famous gamers TimTheTatman and Ninja at the Omni hotel at the Star in Frisco which made his trip right there.
we live in Ohio so lots of Detroit fans around us everyday.
“Dallas really stole one etc etc”.
Worst part is you can’t football reason with any of them.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not only is what you said valid but for their to be a tripping call someone has to be tripped. Nobody was tripped.
True, I have looked through the rules and could not find anything where attempted tripping is a penalty. Maybe it is the way the refs have been calling it for years, but it is so rare it is hard to find other examples. So the second question to ask the refs is who they thought was tripped. I would take that 2nd and 3 with 2 minutes left in the game any day of the week. If the Cowboys get the 1st down they run out the clock and Detroit never sees the ball again.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
True, I have looked through the rules and could not find anything where attempted tripping is a penalty. Maybe it is the way the refs have been calling it for years, but it is so rare it is hard to find other examples. So the second question to ask the refs is who they thought was tripped. I would take that 2nd and 3 with 2 minutes left in the game any day of the week. If the Cowboys get the 1st down they run out the clock and Detroit never sees the ball again.
The league needed Detroit to cover the spread, so the flag got thrown. Dak and MM obliged by the ill advised play call on 2nd and 14. Makes me wonder if coaches and QBs are in on the fix. And why does Quinn call defense the way he did on the final drive? It all feels rigged.

rambo2

Reaction score
The league needed Detroit to cover the spread, so the flag got thrown. Dak and MM obliged by the ill advised play call on 2nd and 14. Makes me wonder if coaches and QBs are in on the fix. And why does Quinn call defense the way he did on the final drive? It all feels rigged.
The league makes too much money to rig games.