Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round Pick - OG Connor Williams, Texas (50th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am shocked. We actually drafted a Longhorn......all the ones in the past we could have had......I am happy
Hook em Horns

CCBoy

Reaction score
But the most important thing about this is that one of the biggest problems facing Dallas for 2018 has now been fixed. While there was a lot of focus on players like Will Hernandez and James Daniels to solve the problem, Williams is right there with them, and was projected by many to have gone long before 50. This also makes the first-round pick of Leighton Vander Esch look better, because they got their new stud linebacker and did not miss out on an O lineman they coveted.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...und-pick-of-ol-connor-williams-2018-nfl-draft

CCBoy

Reaction score

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Williams might not be the primary backup to Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith this season. The Cowboys view Williams as a guard prospect over tackle, where he started three years at Texas, partly due to less-than-ideal arm length.

But Williams further restores depth where the franchise has been strongest in recent years when healthy: the offensive line.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2018/04/28/major-reason-texas’-connor-williams-now-cowboy-“-atlanta-game”

Yep, Williams offers some position flexibility and competition for sure. Competition at G with M Mart who only signed a 1 year contract. Possible competition for Flemming at T since he played the position in college. Smart pick

lukin2006

Reaction score
When he was called, beside his name he was listed as a tackle...any chance that he may have to play left tackle at some point, seeing how Smith has back issues...and is guard easier on the back than tackle? I am just curious as to whether Smith's back continues to be problematic, would he benefit from playing guard? In the end hopefully his back issue's are behind him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I hear he not only he is weak, but he is soft and will likely get pushed around.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I'm not mad at us solidifying the offensive line. Now it's time to go get that rushing title back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.