Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round Pick - OG Connor Williams, Texas (50th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Man, I've been waiting for some clarification on where we see Collins going. Williams doesn't exactly tip their hand on their thoughts BUT he was announced as a G. That should leave he and M Martin duking it out for starting LG and La'ell at RT with Flemming as the swing. Or Williams having played T in college could duke it out with Flemming at RT and Collins move back inside. Figure it out. Nice pick, a little small but could add some weight and easily get to 305. Decent bench press. Been waiting for the O-line call.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If being one Geoff Swaim injury away from Blake Jarwin as your #1 TE was the plan, then that is a lousy plan.

If the Cowboys didn’t think Jarwin was going to be better than Swaim they wouldn’t have used a roster spot on him when the Eagles tried to sign him off our practice squad. I think Jarwin may end up being a decent player. Besides, it’s not as if they haven’t been drafting other areas of need.

kevm3

Reaction score
Hopefully with this pick, our oline looks like something resembling 2014 or 16

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
LOVE the pick here. Can be your OT/OG swing player. See how he grows into one or other longer term.

Had Flatland Cavalry for walk out music with is a big thumps up from me.
Great value pick that imho had he went back to UT and out together a full healthy year might have been top 10.
Had too much banged up tape to go round 1.

I didn’t consider this possibility, but you’re right. Connor could be the swing tackle.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Do you want some dancing girls to announce the pick to liven it up? Or maybe you don’t get the point of players that don’t handle the ball.

Dancing broads hands down. Complete my order please

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Cowboys so far have addressed problem positions with consensus best available/value picks.

I still hate them for waiving Dez Bryant, but these are good picks, in a vacuum. I still think LVE will be a scrub, but Williams should start at LG.

What’s wrong with LVE?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good pick. And he should have time to move into the LG spot or maybe win it in camp. Would be fine with me. He took someone's spot on the 53 so.........

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I just hope the guy can put a little more strength and weight on. I don't have a lot of confidence though with our staff. Definitely a guy you root for though.

Also possible the Cowboys use him as an insurance policy if Zach Martin starts to get too crazy with contact demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.