3-4 NT's stacking up

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Scheme is a big issue when scouting college DT's and projecting to 3-4 NT's.

Comes down to due the stuff the run and take up double teams.

Wilforks college #'s blow Watson away, but then again Wilfork played in a attacking 4-3.

Babatunde's height is no big deal.

Same height as Super Bowl NT Casey Hampton.

I'm sure Wilfork, Ferguson, Jamal aren't exactly their listed heights either.

College 3-4 NT with 14 sacks.

I'll take him.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Nors said:
I've been bringing all Senior Bowl print I can, same with GBN and Scout. Its all factually based.

You bring nothing to the table candidly.

If I gave half a rats *** what you thought I would take that as an insult but seeing how serious anyone around here takes what you say I'll just write it off as simply shooting your mouth off before knowing who someone is.

Keep posting that factual information. I appreciate it in more ways then one.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
If I gave half a rats *** what you thought I would take that as an insult but seeing how serious anyone around here takes what you say I'll just write it off as simply shooting your mouth off before knowing who someone is.

Keep posting that factual information. I appreciate it in more ways then one.

Bring it - cliche's and wise *** - thats what I've seen so far.

Back to thread topic please - NT's

sleeper - Ant Montgomerie

Stud - Watson

In the wings - Ngata

diamond - Fifita

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:

Stud - Watson

In the wings - Ngata

diamond - Fifita

plagiarism and regurgitation -- Free advertisment -- that's the truth

Stud - Ngata

In the Wings - Watson

diamond - Gerald Anderson

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Nors said:

Stud - Watson

In the wings - Ngata

diamond - Fifita

Don't get overly excited about fifita...not bad, but sure not a diamond in the rough. Saw him first hand. Great motor, but he really is at his max size and ability. He's a bowling ball...that's soft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rod Wright will be the biggest bust in this draft if any team tries to make a 3-4 nose tackle out of him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Rod Wright will be the biggest bust in this draft if any team tries to make a 3-4 nose tackle out of him.

I agree Al. I don't see Wright as a 34 NT either.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:

Stud - Watson

In the wings - Ngata

diamond - Fifita
I'll take Fifta for 500 please.

If I can't get Watson in the 2nd then I'll take Fifta in the 3rd. I think the word is that shorter stockier NT are better for the 3-4. Nors, it's time for us to study up on some short stocky NT late in the draft.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"while Cleveland continued their hard work by having three scouts meet with Gabe Watson"

Drat and double Drat - Crennel lining Watson up too. They could get him top of round two

burmafrd

Reaction score
GIve me a guy with a consistant motor over the unmotivated lazy any day.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
GIve me a guy with a consistant motor over the unmotivated lazy any day.

OK - Please post the 330+ NT's with all that motor? Thanks

3-4 NT's are constantly taking on double teams - not a glorious job but critical.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:

3-4 NT's are constantly taking on double teams - not a glorious job but critical.

How about energy. Starting with energy and desire would be good.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:

Well, according to many who have watched this kid play at Michigan, I can tell you who it aint. It aint Watson.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Watson

Pros: Giant NT with the ability to both stuff the run and collapse a pocket, will give smaller guards and centers fits with his physical style of play and mean streak, demands atleast a double team on every play which frees up all the players around him to make plays, Perfect for the 3-4 with the likeness of players such as Casey Hampton, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Watson

Pros: Giant NT with the ability to both stuff the run and collapse a pocket, will give smaller guards and centers fits with his physical style of play and mean streak, demands atleast a double team on every play which frees up all the players around him to make plays, Perfect for the 3-4 with the likeness of players such as Casey Hampton, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington

What were the cons?

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:
What were the cons?

He is absolutely dominating in the Senior Bowl, but he didn't dominate at Michigan. People are begginning to wonder if he will become lazy once he gets paid. Would be a perfect pick in the 2nd round.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Watson

So, your point then is that he is capable of dominating at any time but has simply choosen not to while at Michigan?

Foregive me. I don't see this as a shinning edorsment of the man.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
Watson

Lawson in the 1st, Trade our next years 4 and Ellis for an early 2 and get Watson.

Move Burnett into the middle or pick up a vet like Ray Lewis who wants out, and snag Chris Hope, and your defense will take you to the Super Bowl single-handedly.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Watson is a perfect 3-4 NT. Michigan? Dude beat constant double teaming all the way to All Big 10 honors. Yeagh - he sucks. He just is lucky to be a 1st round draft pick. Just lucky those Senior Bowl Oliners are taking it easy on him. They read he sucks too. Jeff Fisher don't know crap about Dline talent - got it = he sucks too. Yep - Gilles was flat run over because he was misled into thinking Watson sucked too.

Ya'll are right. Watson totally sucks. The NFL is in conspiracy to make Watson look good. Senior Bowl is in cover up mode! good grief:eek::

Get over the 4-3 let it go - its over. Howard didn't happen and its run stuffer city baby! Watson or Ngata draft day. Its PTP players, diaper dandy NT draft day baby. Book it!!!!!:bow:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Lawson in the 1st, Trade our next years 4 and Ellis for an early 2 and get Watson.

Move Burnett into the middle or pick up a vet like Ray Lewis who wants out, and snag Chris Hope, and your defense will take you to the Super Bowl single-handedly.

Lawson, Watson and a FS and our D is dominant for YEARS