3-4 NT's stacking up

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Nors said:
Watson is a perfect 3-4 NT. Michigan? Dude beat constant double teaming all the way to All Big 10 honors. Yeagh - he sucks. He just is lucky to be a 1st round draft pick. Just lucky those Senior Bowl Oliners are taking it easy on him. They read he sucks too. Jeff Fisher don't know crap about Dline talent - got it = he sucks too. Yep - Gilles was flat run over because he was misled into thinking Watson sucked too.

Ya'll are right. Watson totally sucks. The NFL is in conspiracy to make Watson look good. Senior Bowl is in cover up mode! good grief:eek::

Get over the 4-3 let it go - its over. Howard didn't happen and its run stuffer city baby! Watson or Ngata draft day. Its PTP players, diaper dandy NT draft day baby. Book it!!!!!:bow:

You like to ride his JR year to the top don't you. How come you totally ignore what he did THIS season? I guess with that thinking you should be higher on Wright then you are. hmmmm

SDogo

Reaction score
This Saturday should be interesting. Will you still be so vocal when Watson is no where to be found come game time?

burmafrd

Reaction score
NORS, you just don't get it.
WATSON has a questionable attitude towards constant effort.
IN WORDS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND-
HE IS LAZY!!!
ALL THE ABILITY in the WORLD does not matter if he will not CONSISTENTLY
put in the EFFORT.

SDogo

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
NORS, you just don't get it.
WATSON has a questionable attitude towards constant effort.
IN WORDS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND-
HE IS LAZY!!!
ALL THE ABILITY in the WORLD does not matter if he will not CONSISTENTLY
put in the EFFORT.

You have to understand. Watson and Nors have much in common. Both of them are lazy. Watson chooses to play only when he want's and Nors relies on others do his thinking.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Watson is a perfect 3-4 NT. Michigan? Dude beat constant double teaming all the way to All Big 10 honors. Yeagh - he sucks. He just is lucky to be a 1st round draft pick. Just lucky those Senior Bowl Oliners are taking it easy on him. They read he sucks too. Jeff Fisher don't know crap about Dline talent - got it = he sucks too. Yep - Gilles was flat run over because he was misled into thinking Watson sucked too.

Ya'll are right. Watson totally sucks. The NFL is in conspiracy to make Watson look good. Senior Bowl is in cover up mode! good grief:eek::

Get over the 4-3 let it go - its over. Howard didn't happen and its run stuffer city baby! Watson or Ngata draft day. Its PTP players, diaper dandy NT draft day baby. Book it!!!!!:bow:

"Book It" Humm.........

Should I file this one with your "Bring It" quote as well? I think so. I think you know which file I'm speaking of here. I do not wish to waste time with you so I'll be brief. You are the only one talking about the 43 here. I recommend you police your own back yard. Hawthorne was 1st team all Big10 as well I believe. Jimmy Kennedy, Wendell Bryant, all highly touted all Big10 early picks. All failures and all with the same evalution. All world talent suffering from motivational problems on the football field.

Spare me your weak spin please. Find any Michigan fan who says this guy plays up to capability and I will be happy to reconsider my opinion. Until then, it's just another "Law to Dallas, book it!" rumor.

SDogo

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
"Book It" Humm.........

Should I file this one with your "Bring It" quote as well? I think so. I think you know which file I'm speaking of here. I do not wish to waste time with you so I'll be brief. You are the only one talking about the 43 here. I recommend you police your own back yard. Hawthorne was 1st team all Big10 as well I believe. Jimmy Kennedy, Wendell Bryant, all highly touted all Big10 early picks. All failures and all with the same evalution. All world talent suffering from motivational problems on the football field.

Spare me your weak spin please. Find any Michigan fan who says this guy plays up to capability and I will be happy to reconsider my opinion. Until then, it's just another "Law to Dallas, book it!" rumor.

But Jeff said so!:lmao2:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
"Book It" Humm.........

Hawthorne was an All Big 10 First team selection twice.

I am not totally against Watson or adding a nose tackle. However, there are two sides to every coin. Watson does have a rap for being inconsistent and unmotivated. It would be silly to ignore that fact. I do think he has talent.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
junk said:

I am not totally against Watson or adding a nose tackle. However, there are two sides to every coin. Watson does have a rap for being inconsistent and unmotivated. It would be silly to ignore that fact. I do think he has talent.
Personally, I look at talent first. Does the guy have the God given talent? Next I look at the off the field issues. Does he constantly get in trouble with the law, drugs and things of that nature?

Next I look at the attitude. Is he a TO or an Ellis?
Then I look at the personal attitude. Is he lazy or takes plays off or something of that nature.

Sometimes you have to take the talent, and then work on the other stuff, and sometimes it pays off, and other times it doesn't.

But when you have the talent to bull rush 2 guys at the same time, you have to take the guy, and try to get everything out of his heart you can..And if it fails it fails. Every team has busts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
junk said:

I agree with you junk. My problem with Watson is the fact that, one, he seems to be inconsitant in his play. That is a big chance to take with a 1st round pick. Two, he's going to be a NT in a 34. You don't have to spend a 1st round pick on a 34 NT. You can get them later. There is good talent at other position of need that will be available at 18. I do not like the gamble Watson represents at 18 over all. Now should he be available later in the draft, I would be all over it. Just not at 18. Really, not any NT at 18. The impact of the position, IMO, is not significant enough to warrent 18. Now if we were going to continue with this 43/34 thing, then maybe I could see it but it does not sound as if this is our intent. I think we continue to progress into more 34. Based on this, I don't see the value of Watson as a NT at 18. JMO

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I agree with you junk. My problem with Watson is the fact that, one, he seems to be inconsitant in his play. That is a big chance to take with a 1st round pick. Two, he's going to be a NT in a 34. You don't have to spend a 1st round pick on a 34 NT. You can get them later. There is good talent at other position of need that will be available at 18. I do not like the gamble Watson represents at 18 over all. Now should he be available later in the draft, I would be all over it. Just not at 18. Really, not any NT at 18. The impact of the position, IMO, is not significant enough to warrent 18. Now if we were going to continue with this 43/34 thing, then maybe I could see it but it does not sound as if this is our intent. I think we continue to progress into more 34. Based on this, I don't see the value of Watson as a NT at 18. JMO
I wouldn't go 1st round with him, but definitely 2nd.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
You have to understand. Watson and Nors have much in common. Both of them are lazy. Watson chooses to play only when he want's and Nors relies on others do his thinking.

From a person who never brings anything to the table.

I've had opinion on Watson back to last fall.

Funny how all here latch onto a few negatives yet dismiss all the Pro's!:cool: If you watched him play you'de see why he's a 1st rounder.:lmao:

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:
From a person who never brings anything to the table.

I've had opinion on Watson back to last fall.

Funny how all here latch onto a few negatives yet dismiss all the Pro's!:cool: If you watched him play you'de see why he's a 1st rounder.:lmao:

We have all watched him play, that's why we say he's not.

Nors, you keep talking about bringing something to the table. I don't consider using other people material and thoughts as bringing something to the table but any time you want to go toe to toe just let me know and to make sure you can't copy Scott we will debate some prospects that he has not covered.

See ya no time soon I'm sure.:lmao2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Gabe Watson
DT, Michigan
War Room analysis

STRENGTHS: Has a massive body, the prototype of a nose tackle in the two-gap scheme. Plays with outstanding leverage and discipline at the point of attack. Often occupies two blockers and shuts down inside running plays, forcing the ball carrier to go wide. Has good quickness for his size. Will overpower offensive linemen and get penetration. Can collapse the pocket with bull rush.
WEAKNESSES: Does not have great athleticism or speed. Must improve conditioning and stamina while keeping weight under control. Lacks the speed and closing burst to get inside pressure on the quarterback; relies on bull rush.

BOTTOM LINE: Watson has the body and tools to be a big-time prospect at nose tackle. He has terrific experience and excels in Michigan's 3-4 scheme. He must overcome his lack of ideal athleticism with improved conditioning, as he tends to wear down.

News

There are some interesting battles going on amongst the linemen. And if Monday was any indication, this week could go a long way towards determining the draft status of some major players. Watson, whose stock has been up and down, showed excellent effort Monday, was quick off the ball and was a force during inside pass-rush drills. Watson's stock really could jump if he continues to show this high level of effort. -- War Room scouts

SDogo

Reaction score
not being rude but is there anything you don't subscribe to! lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Obviously, I can not speak for everyone but I will say that I have watched Michigan play both this year and last but, I have not had opportunity to see them nearly as often as some who follow the team closely. We all saw the 2004 Rose Bowl. I thought the Michigan interior DL played well the first half and kinda fell off the second half. I have seen them this year against Notre Dame, Penn St. and Ohio State. Michigan lost to ND and OSU but beat PSU. Michigan was impressive against the run vs ND but ND was not a strong running team. Having said that, I can't say that I really remember Watson in that game. Against OSU and PSU, they didn't really look all that good to me. Both teams ran the ball effectively against Michigan. Again, I can't really say that Watson stood out much. Perhaps I missed it, and that's possible, as I watch a lot of college football.

Because of this, I do put more stock into those who follow Michigan more closely. Why wouldn't I and what's wrong with that? After all, Nors, your basically asking us to put stock in what you have to say. Why is it such a big deal to put stock in what our own posters have seen first hand? If I'd read anything from a poster that I had personally seen differently, then I would say so. That's not the case. All of these posters are basically saying the same thing I saw in the few games I watched Michigan in.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I like Ngata a lot if knee's medically cleared. He too disapears some in games from observations. Maybe its 340 pound man disease!

TSN - Warroom is only site I pay for - rest I get to free

Haloti Ngata
DT, Oregon
War Room analysis
Ngata has an impressive combination of size, technique and explosiveness off the snap. He can cause havoc in the backfield by knocking guards and centers back into the quarterback and/or running back. He also is a standout special teams player.

If Ngata enters the '06 draft, he would be among the top defensive tackles selected -- certainly in Round 1.

News
Ngata said Jan. 6 that he will leave school early to enter the '06 draft. Ngata, a junior, was a first-team All-America selection this season. He said financial concerns and his mother's poor health led him to the decision.

"I just want to help my family out," Ngata said. "My mom's going to be in and out of the hospital."

Ngata had three sacks and nine tackles for loss this season. He ranked sixth on the Ducks in total tackles with 61, including 32 unassisted. He made a season-high 11 tackles against Cal.

Ngata was the Pacific-10 Conference's co-defensive player of the year and the Ducks' MVP, becoming the team's first defensive lineman in 18 years to earn the honor. He also was one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top lineman. Minnesota center Greg Eslinger won the award.

While he hasn't hired an agent, Ngata understood from an NFL report that at worst he would go in the middle of the second round of the draft. He said he was interviewing agents.

Ngata, speaking by telephone from his home in Utah, said his mother has kidney problems and is facing dialysis. Olga Ngata had surgery "a couple of days ago," he said.

Olga Ngata was in the hospital in Los Angeles when Ngata was playing in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 29.

"I was thinking about her that week," he said.

Oregon went 10-2 this season, with a regular-season loss to Southern California and a 17-14 loss to Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl. The Ducks finished ranked No. 12.

Ngata, who set an Oregon record with seven blocked kicks during his career, took a low block during the loss to Oklahoma and tweaked his right knee. An MRI this week showed a sprain and a bone bruise. He said if he had torn a ligament, he likely would have returned to Oregon for his senior year. He made the final decision on Thursday at home in Salt Lake City.
--Associated Press

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
I like Ngata a lot if knee's medically cleared. He too disapears some in games from observations. Maybe its 340 pound man disease!

TSN - Warroom is only site I pay for - rest I get to free

Haloti Ngata
DT, Oregon
War Room analysis
Ngata has an impressive combination of size, technique and explosiveness off the snap. He can cause havoc in the backfield by knocking guards and centers back into the quarterback and/or running back. He also is a standout special teams player.

If Ngata enters the '06 draft, he would be among the top defensive tackles selected -- certainly in Round 1.

News
Ngata said Jan. 6 that he will leave school early to enter the '06 draft. Ngata, a junior, was a first-team All-America selection this season. He said financial concerns and his mother's poor health led him to the decision.

"I just want to help my family out," Ngata said. "My mom's going to be in and out of the hospital."

Ngata had three sacks and nine tackles for loss this season. He ranked sixth on the Ducks in total tackles with 61, including 32 unassisted. He made a season-high 11 tackles against Cal.

Ngata was the Pacific-10 Conference's co-defensive player of the year and the Ducks' MVP, becoming the team's first defensive lineman in 18 years to earn the honor. He also was one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top lineman. Minnesota center Greg Eslinger won the award.

While he hasn't hired an agent, Ngata understood from an NFL report that at worst he would go in the middle of the second round of the draft. He said he was interviewing agents.

Ngata, speaking by telephone from his home in Utah, said his mother has kidney problems and is facing dialysis. Olga Ngata had surgery "a couple of days ago," he said.

Olga Ngata was in the hospital in Los Angeles when Ngata was playing in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 29.

"I was thinking about her that week," he said.

Oregon went 10-2 this season, with a regular-season loss to Southern California and a 17-14 loss to Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl. The Ducks finished ranked No. 12.

Ngata, who set an Oregon record with seven blocked kicks during his career, took a low block during the loss to Oklahoma and tweaked his right knee. An MRI this week showed a sprain and a bone bruise. He said if he had torn a ligament, he likely would have returned to Oregon for his senior year. He made the final decision on Thursday at home in Salt Lake City.
--Associated Press

I definatly like this guy a lot better then I do Watson.

SDogo

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Obviously, I can not speak for everyone but I will say that I have watched Michigan play both this year and last but, I have not had opportunity to see them nearly as often as some who follow the team closely. We all saw the 2004 Rose Bowl. I thought the Michigan interior DL played well the first half and kinda fell off the second half. I have seen them this year against Notre Dame, Penn St. and Ohio State. Michigan lost to ND and OSU but beat PSU. Michigan was impressive against the run vs ND but ND was not a strong running team. Having said that, I can't say that I really remember Watson in that game. Against OSU and PSU, they didn't really look all that good to me. Both teams ran the ball effectively against Michigan. Again, I can't really say that Watson stood out much. Perhaps I missed it, and that's possible, as I watch a lot of college football.

Because of this, I do put more stock into those who follow Michigan more closely. Why wouldn't I and what's wrong with that? After all, Nors, your basically asking us to put stock in what you have to say. Why is it such a big deal to put stock in what our own posters have seen first hand? If I'd read anything from a poster that I had personally seen differently, then I would say so. That's not the case. All of these posters are basically saying the same thing I saw in the few games I watched Michigan in.

I know Michigan fans that are the biggest homers in the world and when even they say thye would not touch him with a 10ft pole it's saying a bit. Just go to any Michigan board and ask them what they think of Watson and you will get the best profile your going to get anywhere.

I would consider Watson in Round 2 but man what a mistake if your hedging your money on this kid with your first round pick.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Michigan fans are pissed cuz Carr has run program into ground. I saw Watson play 3 games and I watched him closely. Constantly double teamed yet dominant and disruptive. May he wear don? Sure. But he has 3-4 tools and experience and an ideal NT complement in rotation next to Fergi.

Same clowns that think Fergi suck think Watson sucks. They don't get 3-4 NT role for ONE second. :cool:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I know Michigan fans that are the biggest homers in the world and when even they say thye would not touch him with a 10ft pole it's saying a bit. Just go to any Michigan board and ask them what they think of Watson and you will get the best profile your going to get anywhere.

I would consider Watson in Round 2 but man what a mistake if your hedging your money on this kid with your first round pick.

Link their boards? Or do you want me to do that too?:lmao2:

I've been leaning a draft of:

1) Lawson
2) Watson