3:41 Bledsoe in - Why?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The Duke said:
So who made you king of postmodernism and made your definition of respect during football games the only right way?

Starters throwing during trash time is disrespect not backups versus starters.

That is really sad that you are the one that endorses the starters staying in until the end. So if you were a coach, how do you respond to the dads and moms that show up to your office the next day after a High school or worse "Pop Warner" game and explain to them why little Johnny couldn't play even a down on a meaningless running play to kill the clock?

"Umm well Mister and Misses Jones, your child never played even one down ever in 7 years on the football team because he got to play in the exhibition game for one, and besides I was being classy and respectful by having my starters play every down."

If that doesn't sound wrong to you then there is obviously no reason for me to continue this discussion.

We did it today in our peewee football game.

When we were up by one score and we had possession of the ball and the ref said there was only going to be four more plays. I walked over to the opposing coach and told him what I was going to do.

The opposing coach agreed and the ref was there to overhear our conversation. I told our QB to play straight runs (Blast plays) up the gut and the RBs were asked to go into the middle of the pile with both hands on the ball.

a gesture on my part in this early part of the season is something I expect to be reciprocated in my next game.

Hey when you turn into a football coach you go ahead and let your second string QB come into a game at garbage time and air it out to try and score on a team who is down by three scores.

Let us all in this forum know how it works out for you.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Despite the score, this game was too close for Parcells to give Romo any experience. I wouldn't rule out seeing him in the 4th quarter against the Titans, but don't put the cart before the horse.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious. Sounds like the Romosexuals just want something to b*tch about because they are ANGRY that Drew turned in a good performance tonight and killed the "QB Controversy" that didn't really exist in the first place and their boy won't be seeing the field. OMG UNFAIR WHY DIDNT ROMO GO IN WITH A 17 POINT LEAD OMG.

How many teams do you see pull all their starters with anything less than a 3 or 4 TD lead? Not many. Stop whining.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Romo carried his clipboard all night. Why risk a fumbled snap. We let the Skins hang around last season and in two plays they beat us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Duke said:
The game is completely in hand with 3:41 left, 27-10, and Bledsoe is still in the game.

Please give me the slightest bit of reason why the other backups are in, all running plays, and Blesoe is still in the game and Romo can't sniff the field?

Explain how he is "getting Romo ready" when he is not even trusted to get trash time?

Romo has kneeled down for 1-2 plays and that's it. Let the guy pick up 3:41 of trash time. He should be getting this type of time for the past 3 years and by now have 100 plays under his belt. He could throw some passes too.

Need I mention the last 2 years and last year's end of the Commanders, Rams and other games. No matter how far outa reach the game is BP sticks with Vinny and Bledsoe.

Just imagine for a second that late in the season, we are close or in the playoffs and Romo goes in for an injured Bledsoe. John Madden starts immediately talking about Romo "never having thrown an NFL pass before."

Thank you Parcells for making us competitive again but man you are so frustrating when it comes to QBs.

PS Bledsoe is still holding this offense back. Just look at the underthrown deep pass to TG and luckily holding call on the D. There were plenty of others too.

The way sunday games were going with all these come from behind games I'm glad Dallas did not ease up. We can't afford to at this point

Tripod

Reaction score
The Duke said:
The game is completely in hand with 3:41 left, 27-10, and Bledsoe is still in the game.

Please give me the slightest bit of reason why the other backups are in, all running plays, and Blesoe is still in the game and Romo can't sniff the field?

Explain how he is "getting Romo ready" when he is not even trusted to get trash time?

Romo has kneeled down for 1-2 plays and that's it. Let the guy pick up 3:41 of trash time. He should be getting this type of time for the past 3 years and by now have 100 plays under his belt. He could throw some passes too.

Need I mention the last 2 years and last year's end of the Commanders, Rams and other games. No matter how far outa reach the game is BP sticks with Vinny and Bledsoe.

Just imagine for a second that late in the season, we are close or in the playoffs and Romo goes in for an injured Bledsoe. John Madden starts immediately talking about Romo "never having thrown an NFL pass before."

Thank you Parcells for making us competitive again but man you are so frustrating when it comes to QBs.

PS Bledsoe is still holding this offense back. Just look at the underthrown deep pass to TG and luckily holding call on the D. There were plenty of others too.

Romo was practicing his putting on the sideline. I understand he wants to see if he can play in the Ryder Cup next week. It is a bye week after all.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
The Duke said:

He was sending the following message to the media, the fans, and the team: "Bledsoe is my QB. There is no controversy. Stop yelling for Romo."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia said:
He was sending the following message to the media, the fans, and the team: "Bledsoe is my QB. There is no controversy. Stop yelling for Romo."

And when asked during the press conferance after the game he told reporters. "This is not training camp ok." :laugh2: Bill is right this is regular season not some pre-season game.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
The Duke said:
And I would have him throw a pass. Why not?

Because he is not a Romo worshipper. He is the coach of the Cowboys. The goal is to win the game. Not to give fodder to the fools who say there is a QB controversy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Duke said:

remember last year when we were dominating and all of a sudden boom boom and we are down 14-13.....

so lets not take our foot off the throat until they are dead.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
Despite the score, this game was too close for Parcells to give Romo any experience. I wouldn't rule out seeing him in the 4th quarter against the Titans, but don't put the cart before the horse.
You don't think that writing off the Titans already isn't putting the cart before the horse ? :rolleyes: