3 FA Targets at DT

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll pass on those 3 on that list. None of those guys would do much of anything to change this defense. We need true difference makers.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are going to take their usual budget approach to free agency, A'Shawn would be a great pickup. He's a better football player than Mazi right now.

Like others have said, Raekwon Davis has always been an enigma. Very up and down through both college and the pros. We can't risk a "down", we need run plugging help immediately. Someone will take a flier on him, but I hope it's not us.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sky Steele looks at 3 possible DT FA signings, a good show. I'll link it here for ya to watch but of these 3 who would you like?

Raekwon Davis
A'Shawn Robinson
Daquan Jones

Keep in mind they likely will not be spending what it takes to get a Chris Jones or DJ Reader.

I like A'Shawn. Had a career year last year with Giants. Davis is interesting too at 26, if he comes in gets coached up and shows out he could be a good longer piece addition to the rotation.

Christian Wilkins is on my wish list.

exciter

Reaction score
Maurice Hurst is a name to remember.

Another player who has ties to Zimmer is James Lynch
Just curious why they’d be interested in Hurst. He’s basically a fringe player at best. You’d think if they’re looking at a backup mediocre 3t it would be someone with more size and then just resign Galimore instead of a much lesser version of what they’ve got in Osa!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just curious why they’d be interested in Hurst. He’s basically a fringe player at best. You’d think if they’re looking at a backup mediocre 3t it would be someone with more size and then just resign Galimore instead of a much lesser version of what they’ve got in Osa!
Yeah, Hurst is basically a poor man's version of Osa Odighizuwa.

Carson

Reaction score
Played under Guenther

exciter

Reaction score
Played under Guenther
Ok, a lot of players played under Guenther. Hurst had a whopping 1/2 a sack the last year they were together in Oakland. He’s since amassed 24 tackles and 1.5 sacks since 2021 with extensive time injured. Not really someone to hang your hat own!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If you bring back Hankins, still need to bring someone else in. Not banking on what we just witness, heck plus our number draft choice looks like he is 280 now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well in fairness we usually get the cheaper fringe players in free agency.

exciter

Reaction score
Well in fairness we usually get the cheaper fringe players in free agency.
They tend to avoid players with extensive injury history… again if they were looking for a backup 3t I’d think they’d be looking at one with a bit more size and resign Galimore. Not look at someone who is a lesser carbon copy of what’s already there!

kskboys

Reaction score
Sky Steele looks at 3 possible DT FA signings, a good show. I'll link it here for ya to watch but of these 3 who would you like?

Raekwon Davis
A'Shawn Robinson
Daquan Jones

Keep in mind they likely will not be spending what it takes to get a Chris Jones or DJ Reader.

I like A'Shawn. Had a career year last year with Giants. Davis is interesting too at 26, if he comes in gets coached up and shows out he could be a good longer piece addition to the rotation.

Well done.