3 FA Targets at DT

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
a trash can full of diret in the middle would make a BIG difference and will not cost that much
Pass rush is NOT EVERYTHING as we learned last year and should have learned before
so who do you recommend, i'm sorry but jones is too much, some of these other guys will want a lot too

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
a trash can full of diret in the middle would make a BIG difference and will not cost that much
Pass rush is NOT EVERYTHING as we learned last year and should have learned before
That’s exactly the problem. You have to actually invest good money at that position. Even if Dallas signed all 3 of those scrubs they wouldn’t make a difference. They need Wilkins , Reader , Madubuike players like that. If they want to go the cheaper route there’s far better options than those 3 mentioned. Justin Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Bilal Nichols.

That list of 3 the Original article mentioned are literally guys who play like 25-30% or even less of the snaps. JAG’s no thanks!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
so who do you recommend, i'm sorry but jones is too much, some of these other guys will want a lot too
So what do you want to do? Save the money to re-sign guys like Gallup , Pollard, Hooker and draft Mazi Smith?

I’d rather pay a player like Chris Jones 28 million a year than have those 4 scrubs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what do you want to do? Save the money to re-sign guys like Gallup , Pollard, Hooker and draft Mazi Smith?

I’d rather pay a player like Chris Jones 28 million a year than have those 4 scrubs.
so we're going to sign hooker to a 2nd deal after signing him last awesome, I guess he's no scrub!!!!! No i'm not saying that, Jones isn't the only DT out there

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be quite surprised if the Dallas FO sees fit to spend what it takes to get any really good FA players at DT this year. They're way too cheap!

rambo2

Reaction score
Just curious why they’d be interested in Hurst. He’s basically a fringe player at best. You’d think if they’re looking at a backup mediocre 3t it would be someone with more size and then just resign Galimore instead of a much lesser version of what they’ve got in Osa!
Hurst played very well before his last injury.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That type isn't a fit for a 4-3 defense. The stretch/outside zone eats those types up. Hankins and Smith are 1 tech types who can move well down the line.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they dont bring Hankins back amd just play Smith at 1T
Another option is they could like right now immediately start feeding Neville Gallimore a few more extra pancakes and danishes at the cowboys clubhouse and insert him at 1 tech by the time camp starts. I say he'd be a solid 330lbs by then.

Also.....And since Mazi is dropping weight like he's a part of the Jenny Craig challenge, they could insert him at MLB as he'd probably be around 235-240lbs by the start of camp. Run stopper in the making!

That pretty much takes care of all their immediate needs! Good job Stephen the discount Guru! Couldn't have done it without you!

Carson

Reaction score
Another option is they could like right now immediately start feeding Neville Gallimore a few more extra pancakes and danishes at the cowboys clubhouse and insert him at 1 tech by the time camp starts. I say he'd be a solid 330lbs by then.

Also.....And since Mazi is dropping weight like he's a part of the Jenny Craig challenge, they could insert him at MLB as he'd probably be around 235-240lbs by the start of camp. Run stopper in the making!

That pretty much takes care of all their immediate needs! Good job Stephen the discount Guru! Couldn't have done it without you!
Gallimore is a free agent. He should have his plane ticket ready for Washington and start looking for apartments in the Landover area

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry only cares about sacks as that sells. They took mazi and had him drop weight so he can play a pass rushing 3 technique instead of what he was naturally built for. They wear Micah out playing DE because that's what sells not Micah at LB.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Someone like Chris Jones would be amazing but would take an epic shift in philosophy from a very stubborn (and inept) VP of Player Personnel.

They need to shore up the run defense and you need big, massive 1Techs to do that. They typically play 33% of defensive snaps.

Bring back Hankins for 1-more year, sign someone like Mike Pennel, and rotate them both with Mazi.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Gallimore is a free agent. He should have his plane ticket ready for Washington and start looking for apartments in the Landover area
Shucks.....there goes his free pancakes!

And hopefully he's learned from Mazi that storage unit companies are not to be messed with!

kskboys

Reaction score
What do u mean how? Lol they can create any amount of cap space they want. There’s multiple level of dt available. If you’re asking how I think that they’d do better than this list? Well these guys listed above imo aren’t that much different than Hankins
No they can't. We have very little cap space and other teams have a ton.