3 Free Agents Cowboys Must Sign After Micah Parsons & DeMarcus Lawrence Injuries

RonWashington

Reaction score
At this point Reddick and the Jets just may want to move on from each other.
The Jets gave up a 2026 3rd, that could have become a 2nd. I'd offer up a 2025 4th and a 2026 5th.
Tell Hassen here's only here for this year, just to get him on the field so he can prove he's worth signing for someone, maybe even us.

I like your plan .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Eagles are paying everyone else, but would not pay him. Whatever Reddick’s issues are they apparently are more than just money.
It makes sense why they didn't though. He's in this tough spot that he's 29 or 30 and wants a big time deal. He can't stop the run he's a pure pass rusher. This is like Robert Quinn but when he left us and got that deal from the Bears. It's not gonna work out. Howie knows it. Everyone does which is why no one is giving him that deal.

What I didn't factor in was him not caving in and just losing money. He's not getting what he wants but what he could've done is just been a hired assassin and get those Clowney deals that Clowney keeps getting. He would've made some money. He just read this completely wrong.

If he comes out right now and has a good run he will get a nice contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At this point Reddick and the Jets just may want to move on from each other.
The Jets gave up a 2026 3rd, that could have become a 2nd. I'd offer up a 2025 4th and a 2026 5th.
Tell Hassen here's only here for this year, just to get him on the field so he can prove he's worth signing for someone, maybe even us.
I have no issue with this but what disturbs me is why isnt' he doing this with the Jets? He should be playing for the Jets right now to prove he is worth signing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
These injuries suck because I gotta say. None of these FA’s available give me any confidence

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reason why trades from eagles 2 reasons, 1st they changed defense and wanted him to play linebacker, he is a defensive end period. Next, he demanded more money so eagles traded him, the jets agreed to restructure his contract but they didn't follow thru, backed off. When he plays defensive end he is a force. Main reason why I'm saying get Riddick is think about pairing Parsons at one defensive end and Riddick at the other position, now you have a pass rush, and Jordan Phillips should be about ready to play. Then you have a dominant defense and remember debland should be back after bye week
As far as draft pick, been said you can get Riddick for a 5th rounder, get the jets to eat up about 5 million of his 14 million contract and you have a serviceable trade
then we have an issue because Reddick will be better and get more sacks, you're going to pay 2 guy all that money

jcollins28

Reaction score
Reports are Reddick is too costly but would the jones even inquire. Highly doubt it cause they didn't with Henry
LOL couldnt afford Herny but go out and get Reddick? That would ruin Jerry's narrative. "We are happy with our guys"....

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well that’s what negative people first think.
I was called negative for saying missing out on Henry and waiting until the last week of the off-season to sign Dak and CeeDee was stupid.

How does that line of thought look now?

RonWashington

Reaction score
It makes sense why they didn't though. He's in this tough spot that he's 29 or 30 and wants a big time deal. He can't stop the run he's a pure pass rusher. This is like Robert Quinn but when he left us and got that deal from the Bears. It's not gonna work out. Howie knows it. Everyone does which is why no one is giving him that deal.

What I didn't factor in was him not caving in and just losing money. He's not getting what he wants but what he could've done is just been a hired assassin and get those Clowney deals that Clowney keeps getting. He would've made some money. He just read this completely wrong.

If he comes out right now and has a good run he will get a nice contract.

The yr after Quinn left Dallas I think he got 18 sacks . Parsons DLaw Kneeland progressing add Reddick ….would have been nice . I hope Carl Lawson comes to play . Need the Bengal type Lawson

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL couldnt afford Herny but go out and get Reddick? That would ruin Jerry's narrative. "We are happy with our guys"....
Actually there's a big difference between now and the offseason they resigned lamb and Prescott it freed up a lot of money I think they also redid Terence steals money,,, I don't think Jerry in the offseason when it began knew whether he was gonna give these deals to these guys and as usual caved but this is not the same situation but the problem here is you all think that Reddick is gonna come in here on his old deal when he's made it clear he forced to trade from the eagles 'cause they wouldn't pay him he's been holding out longer than most any player I've seen in the NFL in a lot of years because he doesn't wanna play without the deal you think he's gonna come here and play without a deal that's not happening....

But I don't think the guy is worth what he's asking and that's why these teams have overlooked them because he is a lot like Robert Quinn like the guy said above and I've already said this you don't know what you're getting look what happened with the eagles though they'd have been better off keeping Reddick paying him instead of huff because this is what happens when you overpay a guy in the offseason expecting big things and he does nothing yet in the first five games...

But right now the Dallas Cowboys have about $30 million more in the salary cap than they had six weeks ago...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The yr after Dallas was it 18.5 ? I know he had a big yr in a Bears Jersey
ESPN says he got 2 sacks. I don't know what happened to why he got 2 sacks then got 18...the last two years seems to be injuries I do remember he was hurt and then did nothing with Philly. But yeah those two years after leaving Dallas not sure why such the jump.