3 interesting matchups to look forward to at Cowboys training camp

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This would be a great training camp to attend every day.

Dak Prescott vs. Trevon Diggs​

As the age old saying goes “iron sharpens iron” and that is exactly what happens when you put Dak Prescott and Trevon Diggs on the field together. Both are in the top tier at their respective positions and both are not afraid of a little trash talk and “friendly” competition. Just last year at camp, we got a glimpse into the dramatics with some jarring back and forth between the two that led to some pretty incredible plays and high level competition from the both of them.

Prescott loves to foster a highly competitive environment at team practices and recently spoke about the benefits that can come from that type of energy in an article from The Athletic.

“We all know, I love to compete, talk trash,” Prescott said. “So, that’s the base of it. You have to have fun doing this. And we know each and every day we’re gonna come in, we’re gonna compete against each other but we’re trying to get each other better. No better way than to compete and talking. Having energy high, celebrating after big plays. Just makes it fun.”
Now Diggs is coming back from a knee injury and it is not 100% certain that he will be able to fully participate in training camp, but if he is, it could be expected that we will get more exciting episodes of the hottest drama of the summer.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-camp-dak-prescott-trevon-diggs-micah-parsons

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Personally, I think Guyton will do well against Parsons. When an athletic OT who is 6’7” with almost a 7’ wingspan goes up against a speed rusher, he should do well, even when he’s not in perfect position. Parsons will not get a free run around or inside Guyton because even when beaten, those long arms will find a target to at least delay the pressure. Guyton is more likely to struggle with the top pass rushers who can convert to power rush. I could be wrong, but I think Guyton is definitely more of a LT than Tyler Smith.
It’s easier to get stronger in the NFL than it is to get longer or quicker.

Motorola

Reaction score

As the age old saying goes “iron sharpens iron” and that is exactly what happens when you put Dak Prescott and Trevon Diggs on the field together. Both are in the top tier at their respective positions and both are not afraid of a little trash talk and “friendly” competition. Just last year at camp, we got a glimpse into the dramatics with some jarring back and forth between the two that led to some pretty incredible plays and high level competition from the both of them.

Prescott loves to foster a highly competitive environment at team practices and recently spoke about the benefits that can come from that type of energy in an article from The Athletic.

Now Diggs is coming back from a knee injury and it is not 100% certain that he will be able to fully participate in training camp, but if he is, it could be expected that we will get more exciting episodes of the hottest drama of the summer.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-camp-dak-prescott-trevon-diggs-micah-parsons
I call BS on this.
Both players are secure in their starting role.
Them throwing shade at each other during training camp = lame mean.girl hijinks.
Tune in on players competing against each other for starting positions and key backup\ rotational roles, or even a number of 2nd-3rd year players facing the reality of getting cut.

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, I think Guyton will do well against Parsons. When an athletic OT who is 6’7” with almost a 7’ wingspan goes up against a speed rusher, he should do well, even when he’s not in perfect position. Parsons will not get a free run around or inside Guyton because even when beaten, those long arms will find a target to at least delay the pressure. Guyton is more likely to struggle with the top pass rushers who can convert to power rush. I could be wrong, but I think Guyton is definitely more of a LT than Tyler Smith.
It’s easier to get stronger in the NFL than it is to get longer or quicker.
As athletic as Guyton is, he has never faced anyone with Parson's speed. I think he may struggle a bit but, will be far better equipped to face the NFL after going against Parsons.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I call BS on this.
Both players are secure in their starting role.
Them throwing shade at each other during training camp = lame mean.girl hijinks.
Tune in on players competing against each other for starting positions and key backup\ rotational roles, or even a number of 2nd-3rd year players facing the reality of getting cut.
It will be an interesting matchup to watch. Sorry you can’t see that.

Motorola

Reaction score
It will be an interesting matchup to watch. Sorry you can’t see that.
At least a half dozen matchups that are more compelling to view - and will have a much more significant effect to how the team will perform during the upcoming season.

Agree to disagree.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

This article is so stupendously stupid you just have to laugh. Dak aka Mr Oopsie and iron sharpens iron in the same sentence lol

John813

Reaction score
Jerry vs McCarthy. :laugh: :cool:

Can't wait to see McCarthy doing situps on his driveway for a new contract. lol

For me, it's Steele vs everyone.
Is he back to his pre-injury play, or is he Gallup'd?

New linebackers now, so that matchup in general vs the run/pass.