3 interesting matchups to look forward to at Cowboys training camp

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the Dak is calm and ready to go. As long as he knows, nobody can touch him LO. L.
After all it was his performance in last years TC that brought us Mr. Lance
There will be a stark difference in the abilities of these 2.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As I stated in an earlier comment -- Prescott and Diggs flapping their gums at each other during practices - I have no interest.
You looking forward to it - ok for you.
Maybe you’ve never played orgainzed sports, but them “flapping their gums at each” is a good thing. It raises the level of practice and promotes team cramraderie.

Motorola

Reaction score
Maybe you’ve never played orgainzed sports, but them “flapping their gums at each” is a good thing. It raises the level of practice and promotes team cramraderie.
I played football from middle school through high school, ran track in middle school, high school, and college. Razzing and woofing each other was the norm...did it also just playing sports around the neighborhood - softball, basketball, etc.
With regards to this Cowboys season coming up - it's looking to be a crossroads of sorts. Having chemistry and camaraderie will be a crucial part as the team adjust to the challenge of losing key players and having newcomers as they strive to be a playoff team again.
But to me - that's their thing to grow and achieve. Me as a fan - that part doesn't interest me in their practice sessions. Watching and \ or reviewing the nuts-and-bolts battles on the field is what I will focus on. The verbal jousting that takes place will be like background noise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I played football from middle school through high school, ran track in middle school, high school, and college. Razzing and woofing each other was the norm...did it also just playing sports around the neighborhood - softball, basketball, etc.
With regards to this Cowboys season coming up - it's looking to be a crossroads of sorts. Having chemistry and camaraderie will be a crucial part as the team adjust to the challenge of losing key players and having newcomers as they strive to be a playoff team again.
But to me - that's their thing to grow and achieve. Me as a fan - that part doesn't interest me in their practice sessions. Watching and \ or reviewing the nuts-and-bolts battles on the field is what I will focus on. The verbal jousting that takes place will be like background noise.
Well it interests most of us.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
After what was said to Dak last year in training camp, it's hilarious to hear him talk about talking trash.
The man knows trash very well. He illustrates it every given sunday on the grid iron.

A man with competence should be allowed to talk about it.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
After what was said to Dak last year in training camp, it's hilarious to hear him talk about talking trash.

elaborate ?

my memory isn't recalling this??

The 24-year-old cornerback appeared to tell Prescott to “shut your b---- a-- up” after the defense held the quarterback in check during a play.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/03/cowboys-trevon-diggs-dak-prescott-trash-talking-video-response

I think it happens after the 25 second mark of this video

Motorola

Reaction score
Well it interests most of us.
It interests you.
It doesn't interest me.
As far as you stating it interests 'most of us' = other CZers - that's just your off-the-cuff opinion.
No poll or survey has been done to back up your claim.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
The most interesting match ups ..... In here, pro vs. con threads / posts. :muttley:

:popcorn: for TC, let us all have some.

How about the interior DL against the interior OL. Players like Mazi needs to step up against players like Beebe at C and how he does against him.
Others in that mix as well.
Mazi is not even healthy. Beebe is going to look like a beast with our DT's.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, the Dak is calm and ready to go. As long as he knows, nobody can touch him LO. L.
After all it was his performance in last years TC that brought us Mr. Lance
There will be a stark difference in the abilities of these 2.
Yes, Trance sucks.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well we only use 1 TE in the passing game, so I guess you are looking froward to a TE blocking competition.
Having TEs that can block is an advantage when you consider the overall landscape of the league, top TEs are phasing out.
Schoon was a rook.
Stephens was on IR
Brevin Spann Ford is a monster of a man and although he is a rook, his size alone might get him on the field if he can block.
Hendershot is the Bubble Boy in this group, he will need breakout and I just see it, he has never shown it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Having TEs that can block is an advantage when you consider the overall landscape of the league, top TEs are phasing out.
Schoon was a rook.
Stephens was on IR
Brevin Spann Ford is a monster of a man and although he is a rook, his size alone might get him on the field if he can block.
Hendershot is the Bubble Boy in this group, he will need breakout and I just see it, he has never shown it.
But we had Ferguson with Schultz. We had Schultz with Witten. We don't comprehend a 2 TE set. If we have 2 TE's you only need to cover 1 or it is an obvious run play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Prescott vs Trey Lance

I’m serious too.
You're gonna be seriously disappointed then I mean saying you're serious just means you're seriously delusional and hope that what you're saying is sarcastic cause that's not even happening there is zero chance Trey Lance even threatens Prescott.

It's virtually Trey Lance versus Cooper rush and I hope all those Cooper rush fans realize he's probably gonna end up being third string and asked to take a pay cut or leave this team even if Trey Lance don't look that good they're gonna give him a shot to be the number two he has no and I'm laughing so hard I could barely finish my talk to text no chance Trey Lance will ever take Prescott jaw no matter where they end up in the NFL , Trey in five years from now might be Geno Smith and Geno Smith is nowhere near as good as Prescott whether you all delusional people think so not happening... i think

comical how everyone's always trying to get rid of one of our best players because they come up with some narrative they're the reason we're not winning in the playoffs when they need to come to grips with the fact that we wouldn't be making the playoffs 5 at the last eight years have we not had this particular player on our team.... We've seen far worse here between how long it took replacing eight men with Romo do you not remember all those 12-14 quarterbacks we tried.. I do and I also remember all those losing years Dave campo years bunch of Jason Garrett down years you do realize that Prescott has not had a single losing season when he's been healthy to start a season and he's come back and finish the season literally no losing seasons and now he's had three or four great seasons here as far as just excelling or improving and people just keep trying to get rid of them because what they think they know the salary cap and the money and they know how to run a business and this $10 billion franchise that know what they're doing did you look around the NFL did you see some of these quarterbacks making all this money that are not even on Prescott's level so they got paid for potential so Herbert and Lawrence you still think are better than Prescott you're still delusional they may have a shot to be him to be like him or on his level but in no way shape or form that they deserve their contracts I mean what is kyler Murray done since his contract and how in the world does Daniel Jones get a $42 million contract I could tell you why because quarterbacks are hard to find in this league and you're trying to get rid of one of the best ones on a daily basis because you think it's a good business decision because some of our fans now know contracts they know the salary cap and they know what's best for a $10 billion franchise....

That's right when you say you're serious even if you weren't this is the response you're gonna get from somebody who has a little bit more common sense than people who react with their emotions that are blaming the quarterback basically for all the woes here for the last 28 years when the man was probably 4 years old back then and also blamed Romo and wanted to get rid of him it's just a just laughable I can't think of a better word the ridiculousness of this just keeps growing on a daily basis...

And I'm not even in support of pain Prescott 60 million or giving him such a record-breaking guaranteed deal that it doesn't make a lot of sense but we should highly consider 75 leaning towards you better find a way to keep Prescott or this is gonna be a lot of lean years in Dallas and then you'll have something really to gripe about all these complaints about being average and not getting farther in the playoffs are gonna be flipped to how many years will it take to get back to being A 10 win team and even competing in the NFL to get to the playoffs that would be the bigger question and then you'd have something real to complain about we'd be real losers instead of a top six team that we actually have been the last three years....​