3 interesting matchups to look forward to at Cowboys training camp

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most interesting match ups ..... In here, pro vs. con threads / posts. :muttley:

:popcorn: for TC, let us all have some.

How about the interior DL against the interior OL. Players like Mazi needs to step up against players like Beebe at C and how he does against him.
Others in that mix as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
After what was said to Dak last year in training camp, it's hilarious to hear him talk about talking trash.
elaborate ?

my memory isn't recalling this??

The only trash talking I heard was the media following Prescott around and counting all his practice interceptions his training camp mistakes you know like the video like he wasn't hitting the net in the back of the end zone, he was going to have a terrible year he was going to set the record for interceptions and all this nonsense and then look what happened had one of his best seasons ever,

that's all I remember but friendly banter and talking trash is normal for all teams and all players it's all in fun I mean it motivates people to be their best and I don't have a problem with it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
This would be a great training camp to attend every day.

Dak Prescott vs. Trevon Diggs​

As the age old saying goes “iron sharpens iron” and that is exactly what happens when you put Dak Prescott and Trevon Diggs on the field together. Both are in the top tier at their respective positions and both are not afraid of a little trash talk and “friendly” competition. Just last year at camp, we got a glimpse into the dramatics with some jarring back and forth between the two that led to some pretty incredible plays and high level competition from the both of them.

Prescott loves to foster a highly competitive environment at team practices and recently spoke about the benefits that can come from that type of energy in an article from The Athletic.

Now Diggs is coming back from a knee injury and it is not 100% certain that he will be able to fully participate in training camp, but if he is, it could be expected that we will get more exciting episodes of the hottest drama of the summer.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-camp-dak-prescott-trevon-diggs-micah-parsons
well that's nice and all friendly camp competition among players it's normal there are men with lots of testosterone sports tend to do this it actually on another level from the normal human bantering among men challenging each other...

BUT, this is nothing new he he actually was in training camp last year along with Gilmore and bland so literally I'm Prescott's already been through this and I guarantee in practice he wins more than he loses regardless all the dumb reports out there about all the mistakes made I never knew any other quarterback that they used to run around and count every mistake in camp and then report it on ESPN and other news but whenever they do it for guy like jalen hurts everyone saying they're just hating on the guy it's just practice..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
elaborate ?

my memory isn't recalling this??

The only trash talking I heard was the media following Prescott around and counting all his practice interceptions his training camp mistakes you know like the video like he wasn't hitting the net in the back of the end zone, he was going to have a terrible year he was going to set the record for interceptions and all this nonsense and then look what happened had one of his best seasons ever,

that's all I remember but friendly banter and talking trash is normal for all teams and all players it's all in fun I mean it motivates people to be their best and I don't have a problem with it..
Diggs got all up in dak....dak tucked his tail between his legs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just pointing out how you always say you’re not a Dak Hater then turn around in the next thread and poop all over him.
Im not pooping. It happened exactly like i said. You claim to not even remember it....yet hasseling me about it.

Since when do facts make you so upset?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Im not pooping. It happened exactly like i said. You claim to not even remember it....yet hasseling me about it.

Since when do facts make you so upset?
When you ignore them. You say one thing, then post the opposite. Very disingenuous. How about the fact he led the league in TD passes, accuracy and some others? No, you just focus on the negative. Just like all the haters do.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you ignore them. You say one thing, then post the opposite. Very disingenuous. How about the fact he led the league in TD passes, accuracy and some others? No, you just focus on the negative. Just like all the haters do.
I answered someones question about what happened why would i do all that?

Yer getting really weird about this.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
It’s sad that I just don’t have any excitement for this team. The playoff loss to GB was a defining moment for me as a passionate fan. I just hope the team stays relatively healthy

Motorola

Reaction score
I swear you can’t post anything positive here without it getting trashed.
Rockport - perhaps responding to your opinion as cowturd was a bit harsh.
Will Diggs' rehabilitation place him back on the field with the first team when TC starts...or will he be working on the side with a trainer?
A full go first day in Oxford...or starting out on PUP?
Players jawing back and forth can be interesting - when they matchup one-on-one.
Prescott v. Diggs involves a third player - the receiver...so that "matchup" isn't mano-a-mano between 4 & 7.
And as I stated before - the real competition for prominent roles on the squads, along with a few young vets battling newcomers coming for their positions is what I'm looking forward to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rockport - perhaps responding to your opinion as cowturd was a bit harsh.
Will Diggs' rehabilitation place him back on the field with the first team when TC starts...or will he be working on the side with a trainer?
A full go first day in Oxford...or starting out on PUP?
Players jawing back and forth can be interesting - when they matchup one-on-one.
Prescott v. Diggs involves a third player - the receiver...so that "matchup" isn't mano-a-mano between 4 & 7.
And as I stated before - the real competition for prominent roles on the squads, along with a few young vets battling newcomers coming for their positions is what I'm looking forward to.
Jeez, you guys try and pick apart every positive post. What’s wring with you people?

Motorola

Reaction score
Jeez, you guys try and pick apart every positive post. What’s wring with you people?
As I stated in an earlier comment -- Prescott and Diggs flapping their gums at each other during practices - I have no interest.
You looking forward to it - ok for you.