3 interesting matchups to look forward to at Cowboys training camp

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL Diggs is more like silly putty than iron. Runs away from Kittle in the playoffs. Holds out early for big contract. Goes down in practice like Mr. Glass. Pathetic.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe you’ve never played orgainzed sports, but them “flapping their gums at each” is a good thing. It raises the level of practice and promotes team cramraderie.
You heard that from Dak, huh? Dak is always flapping his gums, so what is new?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
No they do not.

That's like saying QB's play against QB's.
Have you ever played high-level football? Do you not see good DB's read the QB's eyes, trying to fake them out and jump routes? Do you not see good QB's read how DB's play off receivers? Joe Montana was a total Chad at this. Why do you think so many QB's never threw in Deion's direction? They sure as hell do match up against them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Have you ever played high-level football? Do you not see good DB's read the QB's eyes, trying to fake them out and jump routes? Do you not see good QB's read how DB's play off receivers? Joe Montana was a total Chad at this. Why do you think so many QB's never threw in Deion's direction? They sure as hell do match up against them.
They don't match up against them. Do they bump and run a QB? No they do not. If average QB runs a 4.7, why do teams need need 4.5 or lower CB's?

They can try and read the QB to anticipate

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak when faced with adversity…. ( deer in the headlights look , blinking big eyes ) LOL

Disclaimer- sorry , no Dak bashing in this thread , I am not Dak hater but can’t forgive him for that GB game
QB's are a different bread than hoodlums.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
They don't match up against them. Do they bump and run a QB? No they do not. If average QB runs a 4.7, why do teams need need 4.5 or lower CB's?

They can try and read the QB to anticipate
Reading a QB is part of the matchup. I see you never played football.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This would be a great training camp to attend every day.

Dak Prescott vs. Trevon Diggs​

As the age old saying goes “iron sharpens iron” and that is exactly what happens when you put Dak Prescott and Trevon Diggs on the field together. Both are in the top tier at their respective positions and both are not afraid of a little trash talk and “friendly” competition. Just last year at camp, we got a glimpse into the dramatics with some jarring back and forth between the two that led to some pretty incredible plays and high level competition from the both of them.

Prescott loves to foster a highly competitive environment at team practices and recently spoke about the benefits that can come from that type of energy in an article from The Athletic.

Now Diggs is coming back from a knee injury and it is not 100% certain that he will be able to fully participate in training camp, but if he is, it could be expected that we will get more exciting episodes of the hottest drama of the summer.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-camp-dak-prescott-trevon-diggs-micah-parsons
#Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yes, the Dak is calm and ready to go. As long as he knows, nobody can touch him LO. L.
After all it was his performance in last years TC that brought us Mr. Lance
There will be a stark difference in the abilities of these 2.
8)

Ask JimmyG about Lance.

Lance took his job.

Dak is next.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You're gonna be seriously disappointed then I mean saying you're serious just means you're seriously delusional and hope that what you're saying is sarcastic cause that's not even happening there is zero chance Trey Lance even threatens Prescott.

It's virtually Trey Lance versus Cooper rush and I hope all those Cooper rush fans realize he's probably gonna end up being third string and asked to take a pay cut or leave this team even if Trey Lance don't look that good they're gonna give him a shot to be the number two he has no and I'm laughing so hard I could barely finish my talk to text no chance Trey Lance will ever take Prescott jaw no matter where they end up in the NFL , Trey in five years from now might be Geno Smith and Geno Smith is nowhere near as good as Prescott whether you all delusional people think so not happening... i think

comical how everyone's always trying to get rid of one of our best players because they come up with some narrative they're the reason we're not winning in the playoffs when they need to come to grips with the fact that we wouldn't be making the playoffs 5 at the last eight years have we not had this particular player on our team.... We've seen far worse here between how long it took replacing eight men with Romo do you not remember all those 12-14 quarterbacks we tried.. I do and I also remember all those losing years Dave campo years bunch of Jason Garrett down years you do realize that Prescott has not had a single losing season when he's been healthy to start a season and he's come back and finish the season literally no losing seasons and now he's had three or four great seasons here as far as just excelling or improving and people just keep trying to get rid of them because what they think they know the salary cap and the money and they know how to run a business and this $10 billion franchise that know what they're doing did you look around the NFL did you see some of these quarterbacks making all this money that are not even on Prescott's level so they got paid for potential so Herbert and Lawrence you still think are better than Prescott you're still delusional they may have a shot to be him to be like him or on his level but in no way shape or form that they deserve their contracts I mean what is kyler Murray done since his contract and how in the world does Daniel Jones get a $42 million contract I could tell you why because quarterbacks are hard to find in this league and you're trying to get rid of one of the best ones on a daily basis because you think it's a good business decision because some of our fans now know contracts they know the salary cap and they know what's best for a $10 billion franchise....

That's right when you say you're serious even if you weren't this is the response you're gonna get from somebody who has a little bit more common sense than people who react with their emotions that are blaming the quarterback basically for all the woes here for the last 28 years when the man was probably 4 years old back then and also blamed Romo and wanted to get rid of him it's just a just laughable I can't think of a better word the ridiculousness of this just keeps growing on a daily basis...

And I'm not even in support of pain Prescott 60 million or giving him such a record-breaking guaranteed deal that it doesn't make a lot of sense but we should highly consider 75 leaning towards you better find a way to keep Prescott or this is gonna be a lot of lean years in Dallas and then you'll have something really to gripe about all these complaints about being average and not getting farther in the playoffs are gonna be flipped to how many years will it take to get back to being A 10 win team and even competing in the NFL to get to the playoffs that would be the bigger question and then you'd have something real to complain about we'd be real losers instead of a top six team that we actually have been the last three years....​
Ask Jimmy G. 8)

The kid is a phenom.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8)

Ask JimmyG about Lance.

Lance took his job.

Dak is next.
It's going to get ugly , especially since you've got a HC whos butt is on the hot seat game 1.
As .much potential as this OL has, with the scheme and learning curve in the NFL the QB is going 2 need mobility (bad for Dak)