3 Mike McCarthy Replacements Cowboys Should Already Circle After Week 2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Belichick is the only one Jerry would step aside for and let be both GM and coach but still let Jerry act like he's the GM. Bill would only come here w complete control and it is truly the only way it could work.
Belichick is a great coach but his GM’ing is beyond awful.

Dallas can pick players at I’ve seen Bill acknowledge this so maybe he would be ok with not having total control and just coaching what they give him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yes, Mike was always going to be the scapegoat this season, but coaching isn't the problem with this team. It's lack of players and culture.

I'm all for a Kubiak hire schematically - I wanted Romo to play in that system - but the idea that the same players are going to be much better because someone young is going to "relate" to them better is silly.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So our "GM"' did not want Trance to get 98% of the preseason snaps???
There is zero doubt in my mind that the decision for Lance to get those snaps was a group decision, and one in which only a fool would not have agreed with. I said before preseason that Lance should start and finish every pre season game.... and he basically did. Now, there is little doubt how bad he is and he will walk at the end of this season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is zero doubt in my mind that the decision for Lance to get those snaps was a group decision, and one in which only a fool would not have agreed with. I said before preseason that Lance should start and finish every pre season game.... and he basically did. Now, there is little doubt how bad he is and he will walk at the end of this season.
The fool is the one that traded for him with zero input from anyone. Then you want me to believe it was a group decision to basically only play him all preseason?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Jerry was the general manager who, not so anonymously, informed a reporter that Vrabel's presence was too intimidating.

During “The Athletic Football Show” Russini recalled a conversation that she had with an unnamed NFL general manager, who suggested that Vrabel’s physical build may have turned teams off.

“Did you know I had a GM at the Senior Bowl who mentioned to me Vrabel’s physical build,” Russini said. “That he’s a very large human being and can be very intimidating to people in an organization that are going to be part of these decisions. That is a factor.”
Because decisions are made by a go in the octagon? Otherwise, anyone intimidated is just a weak a** who shouldn't be in any position of decision making to begin with.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The fool is the one that traded for him with zero input from anyone. Then you want me to believe it was a group decision to basically only play him all preseason?
GMs dont ask coaches if they think they should trade for players. I ws listening to Jim Bowden... an actual former GM that won a WS and he explained it and made it really clear how it works. Why would you think you know more than an actual GM?

Chasing6

Reaction score
GMs dont ask coaches if they think they should trade for players. I ws listening to Jim Bowden... an actual former GM that won a WS and he explained it and made it really clear how it works. Why would you think you know more than an actual GM?
We don't have a GM.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Belichick is a great coach but his GM’ing is beyond awful.

Dallas can pick players at I’ve seen Bill acknowledge this so maybe he would be ok with not having total control and just coaching what they give him.
That ok we really like our current gm lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A new HC won’t change anything. The Joneses are going to have to change. Not counting Barry Switzer who won a SB with Jimmy’s teams, the Cowboys have only 4 playoff wins with their last 6 head coaches.