3 Mike McCarthy Replacements Cowboys Should Already Circle After Week 2

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In the end, I think Jerry will not pull the trigger on that hire. Just because today's players are more concerned how they are perceived socially by who they associate with. Luv the idea, hate to see the affect. The sports talking heads would have a field day and would never allow JG to escape his past run ins with the league. Thats a shame really because I think he still may be a good HC.
There is a so-called cleansing period. Look at Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis and even LT.
All it would take for Garden would be players to say how Garden is really a nice guy and, voilá!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Bill B gets exposed and everyone still wants him?

What did Steve S ever do?

The reporters are as lazy as JJ.

The only head coach JJ wants is JJ. For close to 30 years this is the only answer thasts been giving and when asked, people still get it wrong.

HanD

Reaction score
Klint Kubiak is a nothing hire.

If the choice is for a young, innovative offensive coordinator, it should be either Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik.At most, Kubiak would rank as a far distant third on that list.

I have no doubts about their normal practices. They are all about nepotism and cronyism, AKA guys they are "comfortable with."
slowik was already a hot commodity last year and is more proven than KK.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Bill is done, this like bringing Bill Parcels after the Dave Campo years.
And? Parcells took one of the biggest joke rosters and built it to a #1 seed in the NFC in 4 years. Belichick would do wonders with the defense, my worry with him is who he would hire to run the offense.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Belichick. The fanbase is getting antsy and Jerral needs to make a move. His last big splash at HC was Parcells. Belichick is Parcells' best student. No need to mention his accomplishments. Jerral may even concede personnel decisions. We need someone to see eye to eye with JJ, not just another puppet employee, and I think BB might just be the guy JJ would sign off on.
It's a perfect situation. Bill isn't coaching probably more than 4 years so he won't steal Jerrah's attention too long. Jerrah might need to bring the fan base back in with a hire like that if this season goes ugly which it may.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He lost a power struggle with his Titan's GM, Ran Carthon. Word is, at one point he refused to work with Carthon and started making some of his decisions/changes w/o the owner's approval. It was pretty messy by the time he was fired. No GM will hire a coach they think will come after their job. Just as head coaches stick together, the same can be said for GMs. This is why he was interviewed for only a couple of openings with no offers.

Sources say Vrabel has not approached ownership with any concerns about the structure of the organization or his alignment with general manager Ran Carthon, who was hired from the 49ers in January 2022. Vrabel has continued to coach the team with the same passion as when he was hired in 2018. But he also has done little to shoot down reports and social media speculation about his displeasure with the trajectory of things in Tennessee.

rumors were rampant that a power struggle between Vrabel and Carthon finally came to a head, leading to ownership choosing one over the other.

“Some of those leaks last year about Mike Vrabel allegedly dominating Ran Carthon on decisions and around the office were right on the money," a rival scout told Athlon Sports for this year's NFL preview magazine, on sale at newsstands now. "From what I heard, the owner simply got tired of the situation and empowered Carthon by kicking out Vrabes. Ran is a real boss now in Nashville and doesn’t have to walk around on eggshells anymore."
Thanks!

75boyz

Reaction score
Gruden is talking about a return to coaching.
He might not be the worst option if going the re-tread route.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There is a so-called cleansing period. Look at Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis and even LT.
All it would take for Garden would be players to say how Garden is really a nice guy and, voilá!
Me presumptive speller is so presumptuous.
Gruden.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Klint Kubiak is a nothing hire.

If the choice is for a young, innovative offensive coordinator, it should be either Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik.At most, Kubiak would rank as a far distant third on that list.

I have no doubts about their normal practices. They are all about nepotism and cronyism, AKA guys they are "comfortable with."

While we will also keep most of the old offense anyways lol

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Does not matter. Jerry has broken culture issue and it won’t change who coaches

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There are only 2 coaching candidates who matter next year.

Bobby Slowik
Ben Johnson

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
3 Mike McCarthy Replacements Cowboys Should Already Circle After Week 2
Story by Devon Platana
9/16/2024

The Dallas Cowboys' 16-game home win streak ended with a devastating 44-19 loss to the New Orleans Saints at AT&T Stadium on Sunday. While several Cowboys can (and should) be blamed for the embarrassing defeat, a good chunk of fingers are being pointed toward head coach Mike McCarthy.

After all, the 2024 season is a crucial year for the team and head coach. The Cowboys are desperately trying to win their first Super Bowl in nearly 30 years while McCarthy is in the final year of his five-year contract and must do whatever he can to secure an extension.

However, based on Sunday's loss, McCarthy's outlook in Dallas is far from promising. Failing to turn the ship around could cost him his job before the season is even over.

With that in mind, here are three potential McCarthy candidates that the Cowboys must consider following Week 2.

1. Bill Belichick
2. Ben Johnson
3. Steve Spagnuolo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=766ba11bcfed4e7184f6022c79abe07d&ei=17
Yawn.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Belichick. The fanbase is getting antsy and Jerral needs to make a move. His last big splash at HC was Parcells. Belichick is Parcells' best student. No need to mention his accomplishments. Jerral may even concede personnel decisions. We need someone to see eye to eye with JJ, not just another puppet employee, and I think BB might just be the guy JJ would sign off on.
Parcells was 34-30 in Dallas.
He didn't just splash, he sunk.